• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Lebron waaaaay behind Magic...

wlk3

Me and the guys
Hoopla Cash
$ 168,223.71
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
5 more isn't that much. He will eventually pass him, and he is a scorer first too, Magic wasnt.

Lebron is not a score first guy... He is very much like Magic, without the leadership thing... But he's more athletic that's for sure, and also say at this point he is a better scorer but no way is he a score first player...

Sman2011

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thats because he was not even close to being one of the greatest. He never won a ring and was not even the most impactful player on his team. Comparing him to Lebron is pretty silly. Fat lever will be forgotten (if not already so) by most people. Lebron will be remembered at least until the next unborn generation reaches adulthood.

And lebron has never won a real ring either. No one counts Asterisks.

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think you missed the point i was making thats why I suggested you reread my post. Maybe you should also read the OP's post as well. I was speaking about triple doubles in the Finals. I dont know why you brought all this other stuff into it. Lebron is not above Magic in legacy at this point. I was speaking about catching him in Finals triple doubles.

TRIPLE DOUBLES DON'T MEAN SHIT WITHOUT THE CHAMPIONSHIP RING

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But if you really want to go the subject of triple doubles and make it about something the records indicates

Oscar Robinson 41 in a regular season
Wilt Chamberlain 31 in a regular season

holds the title for 3rd and 4th most along with Wilt Chamberlain

Magic Johnson 17 in a regular season

Fat Lever 16 in a regular season

Michael Jordan 15 in a regular season

Lebron James 7

In the playoffs

Magic Johnson had 30
Jason Kid had 11

and in fact if you visit the website below - Lebron is tenth with the most at 3 triple doubles in the playoffs THAT'S THE REASON HAMMER SAID LEBRON IS WAY BEHIND

NBA: Players with the Most Triple-Doubles in Playoff History | SPORTS LIST OF THE DAY

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Correction Lebron got his tenth recently - still way behind Magic's 30 though

shitsho

Work Hard Play Hard
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Correction Lebron got his tenth recently - still way behind Magic's 30 though
I guess you never took me up on the suggestion to read the OP. The post is about triple doubles in the Finals.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lebron is not a score first guy... He is very much like Magic, without the leadership thing... But he's more athletic that's for sure, and also say at this point he is a better scorer but no way is he a score first player...

Yes, what did he do first in Cleveland score, then get others involved, then score more. Now he less of scorer and has more polished in everything now, but he still the guy who can takeover games scoring he just likes to get everyome involved, especially since he has great shooters and players around him.

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess you never took me up on the suggestion to read the OP. The post is about triple doubles in the Finals.

I was talking about triple doubles when I referred to Magic vs Lebron and Lebron as Hammer said is way behind Magic. That's just the way it is.

Sportsguy9695

Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,293.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
he may be behind Magic in triple doubles but its not like theres alot of people on that list. I dont see Kobe on that list anywhere

shitsho

Work Hard Play Hard
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was talking about triple doubles when I referred to Magic vs Lebron and Lebron as Hammer said is way behind Magic. That's just the way it is.

The Finals record is what I am referring to. Thats a difference of 6. He is fully capable of getting close to the record this series. Are you saying he can't?

Last edited by a moderator:

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Magic Johnson has 8 trips to the finals and five championship rings

Lebron is on his 4th trip to the final and has 1 championship ring

Waaayyyyyyyyy behind Magic

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But if you do the math 2 over 8 is 25% - that's one-fourth what Magic has - that's is a huge difference in percentage - so saying that it's only six is like saying Magic has only 5 championships to Lebron's one. Some players never get the one - so those numbers are extremely large

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The Finals record is what I am referring to. Thats a difference of 6. He is fully capable of getting close to the record this series. Are you saying he can't?

As a matter of fact - Yes I am - I don't think he can get that close because if he does - then Miami will lose the series. The only way the Heat wins this series is with a team effort. Been there and seen that - one player doing that much is not the formula for championships like used to be with Shaq and Kobe

shitsho

Work Hard Play Hard
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As a matter of fact - Yes I am - I don't think he can get that close because if he does - then Miami will lose the series. The only way the Heat wins this series is with a team effort. Been there and seen that - one player doing that much is not the formula for championships like used to be with Shaq and Kobe
Really?! Thats an eye opener. Lebron routinely flirts with triple doubles all the time. A few more rebounds or assists is not doing too much. Its pretty much a given he will get double figures in scoring.

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Really?! Thats an eye opener. Lebron routinely flirts with triple doubles all the time. A few more rebounds or assists is not doing too much. Its pretty much a given he will get double figures in scoring.

I don't call two triple doubles(one-fourth of Magic Johnson's number) flirting with triple doubles and 10 in the regular season isn't exactly flirting either - He was 12th for double doubles - so he wasn't even in the top five for that. Kind of a stretch to say he was flirting for something he didn't get more then any one in the NBA

shitsho

Work Hard Play Hard
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't call two triple doubles(one-fourth of Magic Johnson's number) flirting with triple doubles and 10 in the regular season isn't exactly flirting either - He was 12th for double doubles - so he wasn't even in the top five for that. Kind of a stretch to say he was flirting for something he didn't get more then any one in the NBA
So are you saying someone posting say 16 pts, 8 rebs, and 7 assists is not flirting with a triple double? What does a double double have to do with it?

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So are you saying someone posting say 16 pts, 8 rebs, and 7 assists is not flirting with a triple double? What does a double double have to do with it?

Before you get triple doubles, you have to be pretty good at double doubles - I couldn't find any stats on triple doubles on ESPN, so I used the double doubles as a starting point to gauge what Lebron has been doing and quite frankly - I just don't see him catching Magic Johnson and winning the same amount of championships

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I mean you have to admit that the ratio of 2 triple doubles(Lebron) to 8 triple Doubles(Magic Johnson) is pretty wide - that is a 4 to 1 ratio and the playoffs might could be more then half way over at this point. What is the chances of Lebron getting 6 more triple doubles in the next 4 games - if the series goes that far(which I think it will)?

Actually I think that's really the only chance the Heat has

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3