• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Lebron waaaaay behind Magic...

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
in triple-doubles. And probably always will be. Just goes to illustrate the skill and versatility of Magic Johnson; a 6' 9" PG who could also play Center and score at will. Lebron will never catch Magic in this regards.

Last edited by a moderator:

MJ23

Rousey
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lebron has three now

shitsho

Work Hard Play Hard
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Actually in this series alone he can probably get close to Magic. He may need a stat line like last night every game. I'm pretty sure we will see Lebron in more Finals before his career is done.

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Actually in this series alone he can probably get close to Magic. He may need a stat line like last night every game. I'm pretty sure we will see Lebron in more Finals before his career is done.

Not where it matters the most - Magic has five championship titles - nothing else matters

shitsho

Work Hard Play Hard
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not where it matters the most - Magic has five championship titles - nothing else matters
Did you miss something in my post? Magic got his trip dubs in the Finals. Lebron could probably come close to Magics record just in this series alone. In the future its extremely likely he will be in more Finals and equal or better Magics ring count and trip dubb record.

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did you miss something in my post? Magic got his trip dubs in the Finals. Lebron could probably come close to Magics record just in this series alone. In the future its extremely likely he will be in more Finals and equal or better Magics ring count and trip dubb record.

I saw your post, and no offense, but you're full of shit. Lebron as of right now is on his 4th trip to the finals and is 1-3, if he wins that will make him 2 of 4, but if the Miami Heat he will be 1-4 and if you look at Magics leading in Assists, all star appearances, all defensive team acheivements and 5 titles in 8 appearances in the finals - Hammer is correct - Lebron is not even close

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lebron has three now

Only if he went to a Jewelry store and paid for them which I expect he did. As of right now he has been to the finals 3 times and won a championship one time. The fourth has not started out well for him at all

DO I HEAR 1-4 FOR LEBRON COMING SOON:laugh3::lol::suds:

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
5 more isn't that much. He will eventually pass him, and he is a scorer first too, Magic wasnt.

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
5 more isn't that much. He will eventually pass him, and he is a scorer first too, Magic wasnt.

If that was true, then why are there only a few players in the last two decades with 5 or more.

The Chicago Bulls, The Los Angeles Lakers and the San Antonio Spurs and only a select few won championships in all of the games. Lebron hasn't exactly done it this year yet.

BOTSLAYER

You can be anything
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
TLF, I think you are talking rings and the thread is talking triple doubles.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If that was true, then why are there only a few players in the last two decades with 5 or more.

The Chicago Bulls, The Los Angeles Lakers and the San Antonio Spurs and only a select few won championships in all of the games. Lebron hasn't exactly done it this year yet.

:wtf:

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
TLF, I think you are talking rings and the thread is talking triple doubles.

Triple Doubles mean nothing without the championships, and while they might mean something to everyone here, the only thing they will remember after this season is finished is if Magic finished 5-8 in comparison to Lebron's 1-4 or 2-4 depending on the outcome

If he finishes 1-4 in this finals - He will be called a loser:laugh3:

If he finishes 2-4 the haters will clam up for awhile

wilwhite

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wouldn't surprise me at all if Lebron ends up with four or five triple doubles at the end of this particular series. Points are a given. If it keeps going with neither team banging the offensive glass, it'll be relatively easy for LeBron to scoop up defensive rebounds. Assists are always hard, but if the Spurs keep coming out to help on LBJ, he'll have to pass a lot late in the play, so the assists might be there. If he gets to another couple of finals he might catch Magic's record.

For whatever that's worth.

wilwhite

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And yeah, Magic was amazing.

Sman2011

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Triple-doubles has to be one of the most over-rated stats. Looks good in a box score, but look at game 1 of the finals. Lebron clearly played a poor game shooting 7-17, while scoring 18 pts (which is 9 points below his season average). Lebron also only had 1 basket in the second half till the game was practically over and he got a uncontested layup.

However, because he had that "triple-double" the media gives him a pass as if he didn't play a passive game which led his teams defeat.

There's a guy named Fat Lever who most of you probably never heard of. He has double the amount of triple double's as Lebron and no one goes around calling him the Greatest Ever.

shitsho

Work Hard Play Hard
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I saw your post, and no offense, but you're full of shit. Lebron as of right now is on his 4th trip to the finals and is 1-3, if he wins that will make him 2 of 4, but if the Miami Heat he will be 1-4 and if you look at Magics leading in Assists, all star appearances, all defensive team acheivements and 5 titles in 8 appearances in the finals - Hammer is correct - Lebron is not even close

I think you missed the point i was making thats why I suggested you reread my post. Maybe you should also read the OP's post as well. I was speaking about triple doubles in the Finals. I dont know why you brought all this other stuff into it. Lebron is not above Magic in legacy at this point. I was speaking about catching him in Finals triple doubles.

shitsho

Work Hard Play Hard
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There's a guy named Fat Lever who most of you probably never heard of. He has double the amount of triple double's as Lebron and no one goes around calling him the Greatest Ever.

Thats because he was not even close to being one of the greatest. He never won a ring and was not even the most impactful player on his team. Comparing him to Lebron is pretty silly. Fat lever will be forgotten (if not already so) by most people. Lebron will be remembered at least until the next unborn generation reaches adulthood.