• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

LeBron James' White House Tweet

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
People let their emotions get the better of them.

.....and lack of respect for our fellow man.

The thing that truly amazes me is that so many people don't seem to understand the job of a political leader.

Great leaders unite people and bring them together. I don't care if you agree with every word the man says, there is no way to argue that his presidency has been anything but an epic failure because of how divided we are as a nation. It is getting worse by the day. Trump can't keep his big mouth shut because he clamors for attention.

Gman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,330.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It shouldn't be only black pro athletes boycotting, other people need to look deep into what this man is doing man and his party are doing. It's gonna have an effect on everyone who's not a billionaire.
So boycott republicans now? Sheesh.

This is all so dumb, and pitiful. And just about everyone involved is in the wrong.

Just shows how polarized we are as a nation at this point in our history.

Gman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,330.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The thing that truly amazes me is that so many people don't seem to understand the job of a political leader.

Great leaders unite people and bring them together. I don't care if you agree with every word the man says, there is no way to argue that his presidency has been anything but an epic failure because of how divided we are as a nation. It is getting worse by the day. Trump can't keep his big mouth shut because he clamors for attention.
Trump has remarkably thin skin, yes. He's in the wrong, no doubt.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't care if you agree with every word the man says, there is no way to argue that his presidency has been anything but an epic failure because of how divided we are as a nation.

The country was already divided. It just seems worse because people lost their damn minds when Trump got elected and there are those who would rather blame him than acknowledge that we weren't exactly unified to begin with.

Trump can't keep his big mouth shut because he clamors for attention.

As I've said, this is my biggest issue with him. He needs someone to take his damn phone away and keep him the hell off of twitter.

While I think that much of the behavior on both sides has been pretty inexcusable, as POTUS, he should not be feeding into it.

I mean, he's going to get into a pissing match with the NFL, NBA and probably MLB now too because of some guys kneeling during the national anthem or not wanting to go to the White House? Seriously? There aren't more important issues to deal with?

If the fans that he saying should boycott decide that's what they want to do, it will happen organically, with no prompting from him. Heck, I don't know if kneeling during the anthem has anything to do with it, but they are reporting that NFL attendance is down.

I get that he's not a politician and we can't really expect him to act like a politician. Heck, I've been saying for years that we need a president who isn't a politician. But at some point he has to understand that you can't fight everybody.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The country was already divided. It just seems worse because people lost their damn minds when Trump got elected and there are those who would rather blame him than acknowledge that we weren't exactly unified to begin with.

As I've said, this is my biggest issue with him. He needs someone to take his damn phone away and keep him the hell off of twitter.

While I think that much of the behavior on both sides has been pretty inexcusable, as POTUS, he should not be feeding into it.

I mean, he's going to get into a pissing match with the NFL, NBA and probably MLB now too because of some guys kneeling during the national anthem or not wanting to go to the White House? Seriously? There aren't more important issues to deal with?

If the fans that he saying should boycott decide that's what they want to do, it will happen organically, with no prompting from him. Heck, I don't know if kneeling during the anthem has anything to do with it, but they are reporting that NFL attendance is down.

I get that he's not a politician and we can't really expect him to act like a politician. Heck, I've been saying for years that we need a president who isn't a politician. But at some point he has to understand that you can't fight everybody.

I totally agree that a non-politician in office could be a great thing. But, it has to be somebody with people skills and Trunp has none. He just seems to throw his weight around and say whatever is on his mind. That behavior could lead to disastrous consequences for our nation.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Also, yes, we were divided before.

But, a good leader would take steps to narrow the gap. Instead, Trump seems to be driving the wedge further in, and I can't help but think he is doing it on purpose. Nothing good can come from this.

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Oh, I agree.

It has been a complete train wreck from the start.

But, the people who are dug in, and have a differing opinion, are entitled to express theirs as well.

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Everyone is so convinced that their point of view is correct that we can't take 5 seconds to at least consider things from the opposite prospective...USUALLY INCLUDING ME.

Everyone wants to talk, nobody is willing to listen and possibly find some common ground.

That's the fucking problem.

Granted, there is no middle ground for racism.

But, maybe if we talk it out peacefully, we can stamp out the root of the problem for the next few generations or at least head in that direction.

....and no, I'm not naive enough to think we will ever 100% eradicate racism.

But fuck.....we can try.

RobToxin

Roid Raging
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.08
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The whole thing about some sports team going to the White House to begin with has always, in my opinion, been a whole lot of silly nonsense anyways.

10,000,000 soldiers have gone to war and never met their Commander in Chief but these people get a White House invite because they are good at playing with their balls.

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Our country was divided before Trump became President so your comment rings hollow.

Win TWINS!!!

Least Racist Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.74
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Trump disinviting gs is pretty funny imo

I've never been a fan of inviting sports teams/athletes to the WH anyway. Just puts them on too high of a pedestal, when there are more deserving citizens of public adulation. Especially when too many people question their "role model" status.

Win TWINS!!!

Least Racist Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.74
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I read it.

But, the person you are defending called the sitting President a Muslim terrorist and founder of Isis.

Did you start a thread for that?

Is this the old " Do on to others situation"?

Cause I can easily roll out " an eye for an eye."

For the sake of argument, I agree this shouldn't be done.

But, when the guy sitting in the Oval office has said worse himself about the then President?

# Hypocrisy

Off topic, but GO LYNX!

:p

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So boycott republicans now? Sheesh.

This is all so dumb, and pitiful. And just about everyone involved is in the wrong.

Just shows how polarized we are as a nation at this point in our history.

I remember when you first came here, we didn't exactly see eye-to-eye. Since then, you've become one of my favorite posters. I personally think all of this is getting fucking ridiculous.

batchaps4me

Trolley conductor in Mr. Rogers' neighborhood.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,999.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do you think he is helping or hurting?

I honestly do not think who is in the White House matters. Politics is not about building up a side, argument or people but rather tearing down the other side. Some of the most decent people are shredded for nothing other than having the wrong letter after their names. It is not going to change.

Wedges are going to be used to promote hate and fear because if someone can evoke either of those two emotions their character and especially their actions matter not. I am not saying President Trump is a high character person, I did not vote for him, but am intending this to be an indictment of politics in general over my lifetime. BTW, it is NOT the politicians' fault for this. There are many mirrors in our homes if you are looking for whom to place blame.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I honestly do not think who is in the White House matters. Politics is not about building up a side, argument or people but rather tearing down the other side. Some of the most decent people are shredded for nothing other than having the wrong letter after their names. It is not going to change.

Wedges are going to be used to promote hate and fear because if someone can evoke either of those two emotions their character and especially their actions matter not. I am not saying President Trump is a high character person, I did not vote for him, but am intending this to be an indictment of politics in general over my lifetime. BTW, it is NOT the politicians' fault for this. There are many mirrors in our homes if you are looking for whom to place blame.

Great post.

I agree with almost all.