• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

LeBron James' White House Tweet

LUNCHBOX

LOGIC
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you're black you have a much better chance of growing up in poverty, and this is because of institutionalized racism, which in turn causes white privilege. I also grew up poor, both parents alcoholics, but I never had to worry about getting stopped by the cops because I happened to look suspicious.
white privilege....lol

LUNCHBOX

LOGIC
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The fact that you can't even acknowledge that it exists or have an intelligent conversation about it is exactly why race relations in this country are going to get worse before they get better.
The fact that you think there is a mystical force in America that benfits someone based on skin tone makes me sad for you...Now there are discriminatory laws in America that actually favor candidates based on their skin tone..it is called affirmative action...

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How can I tap into some of that "white privilege" stuff?

Is there an 800 number I can call or a website I can visit?

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes -- Clinton did much worse stuff to women than Trump has ever done. (as far as we know ... and so far)

But ironically Bill also has been the best President working with "the other side" in the last 30-40 years. I was very disappointed in Obama -- he had a unique opportunity to help pull the country together -- both politically & related to race relations -- but he didn't do either one at all. Remember that the Colin Kaepernick stuff happened with Obama as President -- long before Trump came along. (the real problems were what bothered Colin K enough to cause him to take action)

Although Obama talked in a very reasonable way -- he didn't help pull the country together politically. Bill Clinton actually did. (Hillary didn't learn that lesson -- nor the "it's the economy, stupid" thing)
Colin stated that he refuses to stand for the anthem or flag of a country that oppresses people of color. I see a lot of problems all around me. Drugs, crime and yes people struggling. Now I haven't seen white people telling black people that they are not allowed to go to college and get an education. We both can agree that it takes a good education to have good opportunities in the job market. I don't see white people forcing black people or Hispanics to deal in drugs, commit crimes that causes them to get locked up or join gangs. Feels like to me that people are oppressing themselves. Perhaps if Colin had done like Kobe Bryant who started a foundation for the getting the homeless off the streets, then just may be, more people would be able to look past his bullshit and hypocrisy enough to support his sorry ass.

But hey - I don't watch football any way and if they start that shit in the NBA, I will turn the Lakers off and watch something else. It's a free country and they can do what they want just as I can as well.

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lot's of ignorance in here, not surprised considering this site allows open racism.
One could argue that Colin is the racist really. He had no problem standing for the flag when this country was giving him 12 million a year. I say this country because without this country - he wouldn't have all of those millions in his bank sitting there while others are starving and going without

TJL

Patriarch
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One could argue that Colin is the racist really. He had no problem standing for the flag when this country was giving him 12 million a year. I say this country because without this country - he wouldn't have all of those millions in his bank sitting there while others are starving and going without
He was getting 12 million a year when he was kneeling as well so your post makes no sense.

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He was getting 12 million a year when he was kneeling as well so your post makes no sense.
I think this topic is over your head - Perhaps you should go watch Sesame Street

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And now he is jobless and soon to be peniless...LMAO
I doubt that he is broke - He will have his pension for life if nothing else. The dude has money -that's what makes him a hypocrite. Instead whining, he should do something for people

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I doubt that he is broke - He will have his pension for life if nothing else. The dude has money -that's what makes him a hypocrite. Instead whining, he should do something for people

Actually, to be fair to him, he is.

As I posted earlier, I don't agree with how he chose to protest and I never will. I also don't think his protest was well thought out. When he first tried to explain it and the antics he pulled shortly after that would seem to back up that assertion.

However, since then, he has been doing quite a bit in his community and is the only one who has stayed consistent in his message.

As for the rest of the guys doing it...Honestly, I have my doubts as to whether or not most of the guys doing the kneeling now, even really know why they are kneeling. Some are probably doing it to support Kaepernick moreso than his causes or just to defy Trump.

Last edited:

Cyder

Justin
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

If you're referring to Kaep he is actually doing a ton of charity work and donating a lot of money. I know of at least 2 charities in NYC he's involved in. One buys and cleans suits to people trying to get back into the work force and the other is a girls club in a poor neighborhood.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lot's of ignorance in here, not surprised considering this site allows open racism.

A less snarky response.

You first claim that not buying into "white privilege" is "why race relations in this country will get worse before it gets better" and then make a post that is also why race relations will get worse before they get better.

Unless and until a white person can disagree with some of the points made or point out that there are issues within the black community that need to be fixed without being called racist for it...race relations will not improve.

Racism is more prevalent than most white people want to believe and less prevalent than most black people want to believe. Agreeing on that would make for a big step in the right direction, imo.

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I completely understand that making the anthem the center-piece of the protest comes off as disrespectful for a lot of people. It doesn't really come off that way to me, but I understand that it does for a lot of people. (If it had been taking a knee from the beginning and articulated differently, I don't think it would have been perceived that way... but it started as sitting - not kneeling - and was articulated specifically as a lack of support for the country).

Having said that... I'm very uncomfortable with how so many are pushing for these players to be fired or disciplined or made to stop what they're doing. That feels too much like North Korea to me... not America.