• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Le Trap @ Pens GNT: Game 5

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Great defense to close the game out. I wish Crosby had hit the net. He earned a goal tonight.

BOSSMANPC

Harbor Center
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Congrats to the Pens and their fans good game.

TOX1

Game fucking on!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Congrats Pen fans. Your team played well.

Habs fans......um......your team played like shit. Sorry, but...they did.

Comeds

Unreliable Narrator.
Hoopla Cash
$ 754.60
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good game. Congrats.

Besides the score I have no complaints about the game whatsoever. I think both teams got away with just about anything they wanted but it was called evenly so that was good.

I thought both teams played well, the Habs just couldn't get much past Fluery even when there were rebounds.

If Gill is out the Habs are further screwed.

Habs fans......um......your team played like shit. Sorry, but...they did.

I'm not going to argue with you because they lost either way, but I thought they played decently. Better than some of the games they won this playoffs.

DerringerEagle

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Don Cherry: "Interviewing Crosby again? Is there anybody else on that team that can speak English?!"

That's why we love him.

beantownmaniac

I thought growing old would take longer
Hoopla Cash
$ 304.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Congrats Pens fans. I hated seeing you win, I'd much rather the Habs. It's nothing to do with the 8 seed, Bruins fans ALWAYS want to go through Montreal for the cup.

loki604

Don't Blame the Refs
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Thoughts on the game:

- I think Letang had his best game of these playoffs and probably one of his best games as a Penguin. Not only did he score, but he made at least four great defensive plays that I counted, as well as being solid overall. There was one point where he could have shot, but passed, but he was earning his new paycheck tonight.

- I love watching Fleury bounce back. He is Pittsburgh's scapegoat way too often (for Pens fans I mean more than other fans). I defended him after last game, and he came up big today, despite not getting the shutout.

- Crosby and Malkin both had good games even though they didn't score.

- Rupp had his best game of the postseason.

- Halak still looked great.

- The Canadians didn't play bad, per se. I think it's easy to say that given the way the Penguins were in their zone so much; however, let's not forget that has been the case most of the series and just because the Habs lost, it doesn't mean they played a bad game. There defense was still very solid, allowing a lot of low percentage shots.

- The Penguins PP came through again. Even though the Habs PK gave stronger efforts later, that first PP goal was huge given the Pens had dominated the period and had nothing to show for it at that point.

Should be a good game six with Montreal at home with their lives on the line.

loki604

Don't Blame the Refs
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Oh and stick tap to Bylsma for having the balls to bench Poni even though he's supposed to be a top six forward and was a trade deadline pickup. I agree with everyone that it was overdue, but so many past Penguin coaches would have kept him in forever. Bylsma has shown he doesn't care who you are. My favorite Pens coach (that I've been cognizant of) by far.