• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Laurent Robinson

tpaulus_2

Top-5 Arm Chair GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Blows my PUP stashing theory all to shit then, eh?

I'm much less interested in Robinson or Wright now. If we still want to bring them in for camp and preseason injury coverage then I'm good with that, but I wouldn't want to give a roster spot to either.

Exception being if both are "unhealthy" enough to go on the active PUP right away and stay there till week 6. Then I'd be game, but who knows if either guy is willing.

Thanks for the clarifying read though, good info there...

Principal57

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If he does well enough to warrant a roster spot, but the injuries make Schwartz and Co. nervous about giving him a roster spot he can be put on the PUP list for the first 6 weeks of the season (plus 3 more weeks practicing with the team after that) before we'd have to activate or cut him. That would give us great injury protection through half the season without costing us a draft pick or anything against the salary cap...
Wow you have such limited knowledge of how the roster works and the salary cap and spew garbage like you know what you are talking about.
a) players have to make your 53 before you can put them on IR.
b) all players on your PUP list and IR count against your salary cap.
Damn dude you really need to educate yourself before you talk like you know something.

Last edited by a moderator:

tpaulus_2

Top-5 Arm Chair GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Apparently we're also working out Steve Breaston and Chaz Schilens.

I hope Schilens is healthy and we give him a look. He's been plagued by innuries and poor QB play throughout his career, but he's a poor man's Calvin Johnson, so who better to have on the roster to back up the real Calvin Johnson? That way if CJ gets dinged up, or needs a blow our play calling doesn't have to change at all...

tpaulus_2

Top-5 Arm Chair GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow you have such limited knowledge of how the roster works and the salary cap and spew garbage like you know what you are talking about.
a) players have to make your 53 before you can put them on IR.
b) all players on your PUP list and IR count against your salary cap.
Damn dude you really need to educate yourself before you talk like you know something.

A.) I didn't say a word about the IR, dumbass. The PUP and IR are completely different things, but way to make yourself look like a dumbass, dumbass.

B.) All players on your PUP and IR do not count against your salary cap, dumbass. Some may, depending on their contract, because only your most expensive 50 contracts count against the cap. Store that one away for a rainy day, dumbass.

Damn dude, no retired principal uses that kind of lingo. You're as full of shit as you are stupid...

Principal57

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A.) All players on your PUP and IR do not count against your salary cap, dumbass. Some may, depending on their contract, because only your most expensive 50 contracts count against the cap. Store that one away for a rainy day,
You prove that you are totally CLUELESS when it comes to the roster limits and the salary cap REPEATEDLY. You have to have ZERO credibility in here when you spew garbage.
a) Read this Mo:
When a player goes on injured reserve, his full salary cap figure counts against his team's salary cap unless otherwise specified in the player's contract. A "split" contract, usually for a late-round draft pick or an undrafted rookie, calls for that player to get half his salary if he is placed on injured reserve.

Read more: Q&A: NFL's injured-reserve list has salary cap ramifications - The Denver Post Q&A: NFL's injured-reserve list has salary cap ramifications - The Denver Post

Very few contracts DO NOT COUNT against the cap.

b) quit embarrassing yourself about roster #s, the Rule of 51 is in effect until the start of the season. Not 50, and once the season starts all 53 players count against the cap. Man you are ignorant.

gandydancer

FATBASTARD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,164.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A.) All players on your PUP and IR do not count against your salary cap, dumbass. Some may, depending on their contract, because only your most expensive 50 contracts count against the cap. Store that one away for a rainy day,
You prove that you are totally CLUELESS when it comes to the roster limits and the salary cap REPEATEDLY. You have to have ZERO credibility in here when you spew garbage.
a) Read this Mo:
When a player goes on injured reserve, his full salary cap figure counts against his team's salary cap unless otherwise specified in the player's contract. A "split" contract, usually for a late-round draft pick or an undrafted rookie, calls for that player to get half his salary if he is placed on injured reserve.

Read more: Q&A: NFL's injured-reserve list has salary cap ramifications - The Denver Post Q&A: NFL's injured-reserve list has salary cap ramifications - The Denver Post

b) quit embarrassing yourself about roster #s, the Rule of 51 is in effect until the start of the season. Not 50, and once the season starts all 53 players count against the cap. Man you are ignorant.

He does have some cred with me. As do you, helped with salary cap. However you did lose some cred with me when you argued with (sorry swarm for bringing you in again) about who was the Lions top three guys on board. When you spew your opinions to me as factual because TrustmeIamright (sorry couldn't help but put that there) you know what peeps in the front office are thinking. No different in my book than him typing from the hip!!

MikeD you know where I stand but that was a good one there...

tpaulus_2

Top-5 Arm Chair GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My bad, I was off by 1, thought it was 50. But yes, it's the offseason, so bringing those guys in on the PUP would indeed not cost us anything against our cap provided they weren't in that top 51.

Nice work on the ALL CAPS there dumbass. You're still not a principal in Thailand, or a Superintendent in Japan, or even a Dean in Denmark. You're just some moron with enough time to create a second account on a message board that you already frequent. Pretty sad that you took the time to make up some lame-ass back story my man... Too bad you act like far too much of an immature dumbass to have ever been in charge of a school of hamsters, let alone actual human children.

tpaulus_2

Top-5 Arm Chair GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You have to have ZERO credibility in here when you spew garbage.
Right- you've finally figured out the source as to why nobody in here takes you seriously. Now you just have to work on learning more, or posting less. Or both. But whatever you do don't maintain status quo, all you're doing now is burning up precious oxygen that could otherwise be put to good use...

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is Principle the new magnum? I can't tell.

gandydancer

FATBASTARD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,164.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I based all of my comments on what the Lions did...not what they THOUGHT.

What they did was draft Ansah. The only seemingly somewhat factaul part of the Lions draft boards in the past was. Who knew waht they were going to draft. This year was to me the first draft they nailed in there tenure here.

You need to put that in perspective. Reiff's being named the future LT was contingent on S&M's blind faith that the Lions would be a perennial playoff contender and drafting in the 20's year in and year out and thus not having the opportunity to draft a stud LT. Funny that perspective changed right quick when it looked like we had an opportunity to improve that position through the draft.

The words blind faith tells me this is a opinion. Passing this post as factual, really? Really??? Seems you were indeed telling me what they thought or were thinking!

Being that I am in Iowa and not Thailand I must go to bed Mr. Hahn

gandydancer

FATBASTARD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,164.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Mr. Hahn, 50 , 51 you know what he meant right? That excuse works for you when you have typed wrong. He did know it was not 53.
Kinda like Cooper or Worford...ring a bell??

Been married 24 years. I have learned how not to forget what was said yesterday last week or 15 yrs. ago.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ya Principle got owned and he knows it. The Lions don't talk openly to the public. More revisionist history to fit whatever agenda is being pushed. But hey, that's what teachers do nowadays.

Principal57

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What they did was draft Ansah. The words blind faith tells me this is a opinion. Passing this post as factual, really? Really??? Seems you were indeed telling me what they thought or were thinking! Being that I am in Iowa and not Thailand I must go to bed Mr. Hahn
I see where you are coming from, but my opinion is based on what the Lions did to Reiff.
As far as Joe Hahn is concerned...he is awesome...so thanks for the reference even if he is of Korean decent and not Thai.

Principal57

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mr. Hahn, 50 , 51 you know what he meant right? He did know it was not 53.
I did not care so much about his comment about 50 as much as his being wrong about having to count all 53 at the start of the season. The Rule of 51 ends when the season begins.

tpaulus_2

Top-5 Arm Chair GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is Principle the new magnum? I can't tell.

The ALL CAPS and eYelling made me think of BSlegend, but he didn't call me a CLOWN, so I don't think it's him...

Principal57

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The ALL CAPS and eYelling made me think of BSlegend, but he didn't call me a CLOWN, so I don't think it's him...
Give it up with my using ALL CAPS already; I did not do that. Here is my post to prove it:

"You prove that you are totally CLUELESS when it comes to the roster limits and the salary cap REPEATEDLY. You have to have ZERO credibility in here when you spew garbage.
a) Read this Mo:

b) quit embarrassing yourself about roster #s, the Rule of 51 is in effect until the start of the season. Not 50, and once the season starts all 53 players count against the cap. Man you are ignorant."

I used ALL CAPS for effect which is permissible in formal writing.

Microwahevo

Green St. Elite
Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,481.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I used ALL CAPS for effect which is permissible in formal writing.
Wait a second cum dumpster, if this is formal writing, then don't get all pissy and moany about being called out on such simple things as spelling. If you feel this is something "sad individuals" do, then don't try to claim formal writing skills here brah. Can't have it both ways. Hence why you're a douchenozzle.