• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Latimer

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Please GK the press was against the signing saying he actually did the crime he was accused of . That is smearing him and convicting him . When it turned out it was a lie apologies werent forthcoming

now it turns out one of the people at the poker game may have had sex with his yr old son . That certainly changes things

It isn’t smearing a person for not wanting him to have a specific job. To say a man was accused is not a smear if in fact he was accused.

As for Latimer, it certainly changes things. It doesn’t change whether or not a business would want the distraction.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It isn’t smearing a person for not wanting him to have a specific job. To say a man was accused is not a smear if in fact he was accused.

As for Latimer, it certainly changes things. It doesn’t change whether or not a business would want the distraction.
They said he was guilty of a crime he didn’t commit period . That is a smear period

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They said he was guilty of a crime he didn’t commit period . That is a smear period

If somebody states he is guilty in the media when he has not been convicted or they do not supply evidence of his guilt, then they are smearing. The media did not do this...some people in the media did perhaps.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If somebody states he is guilty in the media when he has not been convicted or they do not supply evidence of his guilt, then they are smearing. The media did not do this...some people in the media did perhaps.
That is exactly what they did minus a few

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Go to the foster signing thread and others related to it . I posted stuff from twitter from skins beat writers and such backing my claim .

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There are too many threads related. Show me the articles or the thread.
Pick any of them I am sure there are examples of what I am talking about

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
‘Skins scoop: Criticism continues in wake of Reuben Foster signing

A column Tuesday in USA Today said the team’s addition of Foster sends a “vile, inexcusable message,” and asks how team officials can explain why they’re employing someone accused of abusing a woman.

This above statements assumes guilt or why else would you say it ?

Will they try to tell their loved ones that it’s OK to turn a blind eye to domestic violence as long as a man has talent? With this move, that’s exactly what the Redskins are saying,” columnist Mike Jones wrote.

Looks like this is blatant GK

I don’t think Reuben Foster will ever play a down for the Washington Redskins but that organization just told you today what they think about domestic violence,” sportswriter Richard Deitsch posted to Twitter.

Again assuming guilt

Brenda Tracy, founder of #SetTheExpectation, a group that speaks to high school and college sports teamsabout sexual and physical violence, posted this reaction on Twitter: “Setting my activism aside, as a survivor of domestic violence and r*pe — Reuben Foster being picked up 72hrs after his release — hurts.”

again assuming guilt

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Smart football move, bad decision to sign Reuben Foster

Here is another

Domestic abuse is abhorrent behavior that should not be tolerated anywhere. Anywhere. In the NFL, especially in the NFL, after a string of high visibility and terrible incidents, a line needs to be drawn, particularly with repeat offenders.

Not only did he assume guilt here but he actually called him a repeat offender KNOWING she recanted the first one

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
https://wtop.com/sports-columns/201...foster-claim-makes-entire-endeavor-worse/amp/

This article is littered with assumptions of guilt and talking about a “ moral compass “

again a statement that assumes guilt

So GK I think I have shown a few examples of the rush to judgement of guilt and you simply could have googled them

and by no means is that all of them .john Kiem shefter rappaport JLC Jason Reid , Mike and Mike ,wingo all went on twitter and on radio to condemn him as guilty and I posted those at the time

now let’s see if you are an honest broker and admit that perhaps you missed these things and can see how I could come to the conclusion I have

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
‘Skins scoop: Criticism continues in wake of Reuben Foster signing

A column Tuesday in USA Today said the team’s addition of Foster sends a “vile, inexcusable message,” and asks how team officials can explain why they’re employing someone accused of abusing a woman.

This above statements assumes guilt or why else would you say it ?

Will they try to tell their loved ones that it’s OK to turn a blind eye to domestic violence as long as a man has talent? With this move, that’s exactly what the Redskins are saying,” columnist Mike Jones wrote.

Looks like this is blatant GK

I don’t think Reuben Foster will ever play a down for the Washington Redskins but that organization just told you today what they think about domestic violence,” sportswriter Richard Deitsch posted to Twitter.

Again assuming guilt

Brenda Tracy, founder of #SetTheExpectation, a group that speaks to high school and college sports teamsabout sexual and physical violence, posted this reaction on Twitter: “Setting my activism aside, as a survivor of domestic violence and r*pe — Reuben Foster being picked up 72hrs after his release — hurts.”

again assuming guilt

accused was accurate.

Nowhere in there did they say guilty. I don’t like the believe her bullshit either but keep the facts, the facts.

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Smart football move, bad decision to sign Reuben Foster

Here is another

Domestic abuse is abhorrent behavior that should not be tolerated anywhere. Anywhere. In the NFL, especially in the NFL, after a string of high visibility and terrible incidents, a line needs to be drawn, particularly with repeat offenders.

Not only did he assume guilt here but he actually called him a repeat offender KNOWING she recanted the first one

This one is worse because of the repeat offenders thing. Nowhere in there does he say Foster was guilty.

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did they condemn him or did they condemn domestic violence?

Asking or saying a person who is under investigation for a crime shouldn’t get a job is fine.

Ruzious

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At today’s hearing, Cody Latimer's attorney, Harvey Steinberg, told the court he was contacted by law enforcement concerning an investigation of a sexual assault of Latimer's 4-year-old son allegedly perpetrated by an individual at a weekend poker game.

That might explain some things
Ug, if his 4 year old son was attacked like that, anything he might have done in retaliation would be excusable, imo.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Come on GK, you don’t make those statements unless you assume he is guilty

and some of those I talked to directly said flat out he was guilty and worse yet said he didn’t deserve due process

Ruzious

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you listen at all to any sports radio, you know that he was convicted by the media - as were the Skins for signing him.

Rowdy

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,828.65
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you listen at all to any sports radio, you know that he was convicted by the media - as were the Skins for signing him.

This is true

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Convicted by the media means they suspected guilt. I don’t doubt that. Being convicted by the media is not the same thing as smearing him. Had the media been going around claiming he was guilty and belittling him, that would be smearing him. Saying he was accused and saying they believe the accusation is not smearing him.

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Come on GK, you don’t make those statements unless you assume he is guilty

and some of those I talked to directly said flat out he was guilty and worse yet said he didn’t deserve due process

There is nothing wrong with believing he was guilty on a personal level. That is not smearing him.

Of course he deserved due process.