• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Latest Problem for Saints: Eavsdropping on Opponents

Ray_Dogg

Troll Hunter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Saints Offense - TM - Saints

ESPN's Outside the Lines reports that Saints GM Mickey Loomis used an electronic device in the Superdome to eavesdrop on opposing coaching staffs during the 2002 through 2004 seasons.
The "eavesdropping" violates the NFL constitution, as well as federal and Louisiana state laws. Loomis, who is suspended eight games this year for covering up the Saints' bounty scandal, "secretly listened in" to opponents' conversations during the 2002-2004 seasons. "This is 1,000 percent false," Loomis told ESPN on Monday. "This is 1,000 percent inaccurate." The NFL just became aware of the allegations. Based on five- and six-year federal and state statutes of limitations, Loomis is not expected to face charges outside of potential civil litigation. The NFL can enforce more discipline, though.
Source: ESPN.com
Apr 23 - 4:11 PM

Sources: New Orleans Saints' Mickey Loomis could eavesdrop on opposing coaches during home games - ESPN

threelittleturds

anteater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sure didn't help them a whole lot if they did spy... 9-7, 8-8, 8-8.

mem49er

KAEP
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

ESPN's Outside the Lines reports that Saints GM Mickey Loomis used an electronic device in the Superdome to eavesdrop on opposing coaching staffs during the 2002 through 2004 seasons.
The "eavesdropping" violates the NFL constitution, as well as federal and Louisiana state laws. Loomis, who is suspended eight games this year for covering up the Saints' bounty scandal, "secretly listened in" to opponents' conversations during the 2002-2004 seasons. "This is 1,000 percent false," Loomis told ESPN on Monday. "This is 1,000 percent inaccurate." The NFL just became aware of the allegations. Based on five- and six-year federal and state statutes of limitations, Loomis is not expected to face charges outside of potential civil litigation. The NFL can enforce more discipline, though.

Sources: New Orleans Saints' Mickey Loomis could eavesdrop on opposing coaches during home games - ESPN

At this point, they have so little credibility players could say they were drugged and raped in the Astrodome and people would have to at least wonder if it's true. Pretty soon, they can pull out the brown paper bags, again. Makes their name quite ironic, as well.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sure didn't help them a whole lot if they did spy... 9-7, 8-8, 8-8.

They were listening for reference to future opponents, in case the same team's recycled their conversations for the 2009 season run to the SB. Preparation at its finest. (No, I'm not being serious - I just want another reason to remove their SB victory ;))

wartyOne

That guy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I quoted that for a different reason. If you're going to say more than 100% (which is impossible in this instance; not that more than 100% is ALWAYS impossible, but in this instance it is), why stop at 1000? Why not say this is one million percent false? Or a billion?

Maybe it's just me, but this trend of going more than 100% where it isn't applicable really annoys me.

"I am 955 percent positive he is the father!!!"

It just sounds so freaking stupid.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
isn't a very strong, exaggerated denial an indication of guilt, at least some guilt?

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
"Methinks the lady doth protest too much."

For the record, I love Shakespeare, but I loathe Hamlet.

Prithee, if thou loathest Hamlet tell me wherefore.

...By the way, I love Shakespeare too; & I'm not a huge fan of Hamlet, but I'm impressed at its level of complexity.

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
They went 3-13 the year the eavesdropping stopped. Very funny if true.

Though they were also dislocated and the city of NO was trashed. Not readig too much into that. Loomis can't afford this, though.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Just goes to show cheaters never prosper.

Oh wait...

billbelichicko.jpg

Scratch that. Cheaters never prosper unless your name is Bill.

billclintonthumbsup.jpg

wartyOne

That guy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Prithee, if thou loathest Hamlet tell me wherefore.

...By the way, I love Shakespeare too; & I'm not a huge fan of Hamlet, but I'm impressed at its level of complexity.

Too whiny. Way too much soliloquy. I much prefer the insanity of Macbeth to the mundane of Hamlet. Just me.

I actually prefer the histories to the tragedies, but I think Hamlet is vastly overrated. It's the only play I couldn't get into.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Record at home vs. away during that span? Average home/away winning percentage for the league?

If Loomis gets suspended more for this, I swear I'll go crazy if I hear anyone claim that the Saints aren't the only team that do this or even worse, the point of football is to figure out what your opponent will do. I know people will or already have defended them based upon them not winning shit with it or Bill Belicheck was worse and came away with a small punishment.

OT but didn't want to start a new thread - what do you think about Ron Artest's elbowing Harden? I've already heard someone say that there was no blood, hockey is worse, and we're already calling ticky tack fouls and suspending is rampant. All but the last is irrelevant IMO.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
On a scale of 100 to 1000, how much can't Loomis afford this?

:llama:

Well, if the scale is 100 to 1000, with 1000 being the highest, by his proportions, he 10,000 can't afford this.

wartyOne

That guy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Record at home vs. away during that span? Average home/away winning percentage for the league?

If Loomis gets suspended more for this, I swear I'll go crazy if I hear anyone claim that the Saints aren't the only team that do this or even worse, the point of football is to figure out what your opponent will do. I know people will or already have defended them based upon them not winning shit with it or Bill Belicheck was worse and came away with a small punishment.

OT but didn't want to start a new thread - what do you think about Ron Artest's elbowing Harden? I've already heard someone say that there was no blood, hockey is worse, and we're already calling ticky tack fouls and suspending is rampant. All but the last is irrelevant IMO.

13 suspensions. 100-something games already. When is enough, ENOUGH? Ron Artest is the same thug he was when he charged into the stands in Detroit 8 years ago. This whole "I'm repairing my image" nonsense is just an act. Here are his words, "I'm sorry he had to get hit..." The rest is irrelevant. It was CLEARLY intentional. He is CLEARLY unrepentant, and his punishment should be permanent. If I'm Donald Stern, Artest never plays for any level of NBA franchise ever again. He was the catalyst for the sport's worst black eye, and is now demonstrating that 8 years later, he is the same jackass he was when he decided to take on the entire arena in Auburn Hills.

I find it flatly insulting that he's trying to sell "This was unintentional." Bullshit. The only thing unintentional was that the recipient wasn't named Durant or Westbrook.

Artest is an animal that should be removed from the spotlight.

The end.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Too whiny. Way too much soliloquy. I much prefer the insanity of Macbeth to the mundane of Hamlet. Just me.

Well said.

Loved: Macbeth, Othello, Julius Caesar
Struggled through: Hamlet, King Lear (both very long and whiney).
Couldn't stand: Measure for Measure.

Favourite passage (from Othello):

"Brabantio: Thou art a villain!
Iago: You are--a senator."