• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Latest on Talib

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I still want him back, and I'm willing to pay well, but we'll see what happens. There is a limit.

NEhomer

Hoopla Cash
$ 944.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yup.

Injuries worry me.

MrMoJoRisin63

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let's see New England Patriots + CB + BB + Big Contract = Bye Aqib.

NEhomer

Hoopla Cash
$ 944.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
New England Patriots + CB + BB + Big Contract = Bye Aqib = one and done again.

sigh.

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Talib himself, or Talib and his agent should sit down and look at the Patriots roster and then compare it to both the number of highly paid injury prone expected starters and yhe number of players on IR. Talib is not the most or least injury prone player on the team, but he's close.
He also needs to realize his injuries may have already cost the team a couple of SB appearences.

Couple that with the fact that mosts teams that are willing to pay him top dollar, are probably not going to the playoffs with him healthy or not. He's been there already with the Bucs.

Myself, I would like to see him return for a fair contract and help the Pats over the hump. But if he wants top dollar, go play into injury prone obscurity somwhere else.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wouldn't pay him more than what Grimes just got that is for sure. I could maybe see the overall dollar amount similar just the guaranteed money being a bit less so the team isn't on the hook if he either causes trouble off the field or gets hurt.

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Broncos have already expressed interest in Talib. I think Elway would offer him a 4 year $36M contract for two reasons. 1. He's younger and better than Champ Bailey. The Broncos plan to cut Bailey and get his $10M back under the cap. Talib would give them a better CB and an extra $1M to play with. 2. It would hurt the team Elway despises the most, the New England Patriots. For the Broncos it's a win-win.

I am not expecting to see Talib with Patriots this year. I've reconciled myself to seeing Dominique Rogers Cromartie or Sam Shields in Talib's spot. I think we'll also see Donte Whitner at safety for the Pats.

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wouldn't pay him more than what Grimes just got that is for sure. I could maybe see the overall dollar amount similar just the guaranteed money being a bit less so the team isn't on the hook if he either causes trouble off the field or gets hurt.

I've been expecting it to be close to $10 mil since the start of the offseason, and I'm OK with that. Put a chunk (40%?) in snap count related incentives, and have the guarantee voidable for conduct. The risk is taken largely away, there is an incentive to stay on the field, and we have a guy who IMO is well worth that money when he is on the field and healthy. He's not Sherman or Peterson but he's not far off either, and I could see either of them getting close to Revis money, especially with a rapidly expanding cap. 5 years 50mil, with 20 guaranteed for all but conduct and 20 based on play time incentives is a deal I would be perfectly happy with, and would be more than fair.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've been expecting it to be close to $10 mil since the start of the offseason, and I'm OK with that. Put a chunk (40%?) in snap count related incentives, and have the guarantee voidable for conduct. The risk is taken largely away, there is an incentive to stay on the field, and we have a guy who IMO is well worth that money when he is on the field and healthy. He's not Sherman or Peterson but he's not far off either, and I could see either of them getting close to Revis money, especially with a rapidly expanding cap. 5 years 50mil, with 20 guaranteed for all but conduct and 20 based on play time incentives is a deal I would be perfectly happy with, and would be more than fair.

I would definitely consider that fair value for what he brings to the table. I agree with the Cap going up price tags for top tier players are only going to go up so honestly $10 million a year could seem like a bargain in 2-3 years. He is very good when on the field so definitely is worth it if you have those safety precautions in the contract.

Also Big Ken the only way the Broncos go after Talib is if they don't resign DRC. The Broncos just cut Champ with the idea that a good chunk of his contract would then just be going to him. We have already been in aggressive talks with his agent so my guess is he is signed in the next day or two. I definitely wouldn't mind Talib as I like his physicality a lot more than that of DRC but DRC is probably going to sign for something in the $7-8 million a year range giving us a little more Cap Room than if we would sign Talib. We don't quite get the quality of player of Talib but just a hair lower than him.

MrMoJoRisin63

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I would take him over Sherman. IMO one season does not a great corner make. Let me see Sherman be consistently good then I may jump on that banwagon, right now he is just consistently loud.

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And honestly, if he balks at that, that says something to me too. At that point I'm perfectly happy moving on.

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would take him over Sherman. IMO one season does not a great corner make. Let me see Sherman be consistently good then I may jump on that banwagon, right now he is just consistently loud.

It's been two, arguably all three. The dude's the real deal. Talib played close to his level healthy, but then he got hurt. Again. That's the biggest trade off you get with him.

MrMoJoRisin63

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's been two, arguably all three. The dude's the real deal. Talib played close to his level healthy, but then he got hurt. Again. That's the biggest trade off you get with him.

Yeah I can see the last two but again I am not sold. But we will see, I think he benefits from a great front seven let's see what it looks like when they get picked apart.

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Of course he does. And stellar safety play. But he's damn good at what he does too.

MrMoJoRisin63

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Of course he does. And stellar safety play. But he's damn good at what he does too.

As I said I want to see how good when that team gets picked apart. But I am not going to quibble over this.