• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Last Night

flyersfan4706

Kimmo Forever
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
mixed feelings. we beat miller 4 times on dven strength. bob once again allows 3 on the first 7

KS32790

SHOOOOOOOOOT IT !!!!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I really didnt like BOB getting pulled that early. I dont think the first 2 were his fault. The one was 4 lucky Buffalo bounces in a row. And on the last one, even though he exposed a hole on his glove side, it was a 3 on 1. Lavy did this in 2006 with Cam Ward by pulling him and starting him the next game so we'll see.

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ya two ways to look at it Lavy could have rode him out and Bob may have gotten the win or he could have been shelled if guys like OD continue to pinch giving up 3 on 1's. I think it was the right move to pull him...I'd pull any goalie in that situation to spark the team.

So now Lavy could let Bob redeem himself on Mon which I think is the right move since Bouch is obviously fine with coming off the bench. If you start Bouch you just lost that move. Now if Bob stinks it up in game 3 you have no choice but to go with Bouch for the remainder of the series.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i thought bob could've stopped 2 outta 3, and probably should've stopped 2 outta 3

just because its a 3 on 1, doesn't mean the sabres should've even had a good scoring chance.. sekera skated himself into having no passing lane, and bob was down flat on the ice with his back half in the net.. if he challenged and stayed up longer, sekera would've had no where to go

vanek's jam goal was atrocious.. i dont know why bob kept flailing, put your skate on the post and dont let a jam in, let your defenders clear out the porch.. i dont understand why he was kicking the post repeatedly, and then stopped

the 3rd goal, i dont think was his fault, he over-committed big time, but he really didn't have a choice but to commit hard.. that one was on coburn's brilliant centering pass and hartnell dropping his stick to punch the sabre in the back a bunch of times, and then the defenders running into each other trying to block a shot.. really that was awful defense

KS32790

SHOOOOOOOOOT IT !!!!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i thought bob could've stopped 2 outta 3, and probably should've stopped 2 outta 3

vanek's jam goal was atrocious.. i dont know why bob kept flailing, put your skate on the post and dont let a jam in, let your defenders clear out the porch.. i dont understand why he was kicking the post repeatedly, and then stopped

The Vanek goal was about 6 chops at the puck and no Dman cleared the net or the puck. I cant blame that one on Bob.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Vanek goal was about 6 chops at the puck and no Dman cleared the net or the puck. I cant blame that one on Bob.

we can agree to disagree then.. dmen probably should've moved in, but how hard is it to keep your skate to the post? there was no need for the kicking motion he was doing.. put your skate on the post and leave it there

h X c Chris

foul-mouthed
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I dont blame Bob, but i'm not worried by either goalie. TAKING 2 IN BUFFALO!!

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I expect Bob to get the start. If Bouch appeared to play any better, it was mostly due to the fact that the team in front of him DID play better. Pulling the goalie is like having a second timeout and we all know how good Lavy is with timeouts. It worked and now we move on. If you don't go back to Bob, then you've made a statement that Boucher is now our guy and I think that's the wrong statement to make at this time. It is no time to panic either and swapping goalies for good at this juncture is the equivalent of pressing the panic button.

Last edited by a moderator:

ProppRules

Flyers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Mav, I don't know what will happen, but I think that pulling the goalie and not immediately stating who the starter is in between games is a bit of a panic move as well. I don't know if panic moves like this really matter, but I think the button has been hit already.