• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Last Game At The Stick

tallglassofwater007

Large Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have a dilemma... I am having back surgery next Thursday. I have a hook up for tickets to the last game ever at Candlestick. I really want to go. I told the doctor I would be visiting family and he said I am OK to fly there. I didn't tell him about the game though. As fellow 49ers fans, would you guys go? I don't want to make the trip and find out I am too fucked up and have to leave.... but it is a once and a lifetime game, and I don't want to regret it later on. First world problems I guess.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I cant wait for the new Stadium. Will miss the old but its time to have a real stadium.

Yes I would go to answer your question.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have a dilemma... I am having back surgery next Thursday. I have a hook up for tickets to the last game ever at Candlestick. I really want to go. I told the doctor I would be visiting family and he said I am OK to fly there. I didn't tell him about the game though. As fellow 49ers fans, would you guys go? I don't want to make the trip and find out I am too fucked up and have to leave.... but it is a once and a lifetime game, and I don't want to regret it later on. First world problems I guess.

I'd stay home depending on how serious your back surgery is. But I wish you the best of luck with your surgery. My wife waited years to have spinal surgery and was on Oxy and fentenyl for a long time. Once she had her surgery she was pain and drug free. I hope your results are the same.

nmgsc2002

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure how serious the surgery is but if you can walk and have Vicodin then I would go. I don't see why you can't be at the stick watching on Vicodin haha.

I propose we start a social media buzz to all Rush the field and tear the goal posts down like in College football after we spank the Falcons.

RobertPhD01

49er Faithful Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Yes I would Go, bring your ibuprophen and have someone go with you!! Maybe use the handicap benefits, if there are any! Go 49ers!!

Wedgie

My 8yr old me would love 59yo me.
Hoopla Cash
$ 5.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

My wife has had three back surgeries, so I have had a bit of experience here.

Depending on type surgery, you may find that it is actually more comrfortable for you to sit up after, at least for some stretches. You will know more as day approaches if you will be up for this. Spend time after getting out sitting in a recliner and see how long you can sit with it at various settings.

Have someone there immediately after surgery to be an advocate for you! Especially when it comes to pain relief! Without going into any details, I had to break some rules to make sure my wife was as comfortable as possible.

See about getting a temporary handicap placard for immediately after surgery, also, maybe you can rent out a transfer chair to avoid a long walk to the seat. Take a seat cushion or two.

Am wishing you all the best on your surgery, and am praying not for you, but for your doctor...:cool:

Excel

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know how bad your back problem is, but I had back surgery about 9 months ago. They had to cut away part of one of my vertebrae, and cut out part of one of my disks. They will be cutting through your muscles as well. For the first three days I was in a tremendous amount of pain. I didn't do a whole lot of moving at all.

Not sure how bad, or what your problem is though. Mine was pretty severe. The pain, and discomfort was much worse then they explained it to me though. I was beginning to wonder if they botched the surgery a bit. 9 months later I am still not right.

It all depends though, were on the spine they have to get too etc. You might get a better doctor then I had too. Take what they say with a grain of salt though about the pain. If they have never had the surgery they don't have a clue. You will know the day after how much dmg they had too do.

Mine was about as bad as it gets though as far as pinched nerves, bad location, and severity of the herniation.

Breaker99

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I went to a game with a broken finger once. It hurt everytime I drank a sip from my beer.

But I do not regret it.

tallglassofwater007

Large Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My back is a micro decompression surgery (L5/S1). He said he tries to go between back muscles so if he can, the recovery will not be too bad. It was a tear in the disc. Because of the tear it was leaking or something. The disk has degenerated so in the future I will most likely have to have to have another surgery, but hopefully this will help to heal everything. I had a hernia surgery (not laproscopic) a few years ago, and I was able to recover without the use of any pills. Just frozen peas. I am hoping that with the help of a couple pills I can get through the game alright.

Excel… that sucks about your surgery. Hopefully you get back to "normal." My doctor is in Beverly Hills so hopefully that means he is pretty good. From the people I have spoken to, he is really good, but works slow. That doesn't bother me because I will be asleep.

Breaker… your toughness inspires me!!

Thanks guys for the well wishes… after watching the game today I feel like I have to go.

nmgsc2002

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My back is a micro decompression surgery (L5/S1). He said he tries to go between back muscles so if he can, the recovery will not be too bad. It was a tear in the disc. Because of the tear it was leaking or something. The disk has degenerated so in the future I will most likely have to have to have another surgery, but hopefully this will help to heal everything. I had a hernia surgery (not laproscopic) a few years ago, and I was able to recover without the use of any pills. Just frozen peas. I am hoping that with the help of a couple pills I can get through the game alright.

Excel… that sucks about your surgery. Hopefully you get back to "normal." My doctor is in Beverly Hills so hopefully that means he is pretty good. From the people I have spoken to, he is really good, but works slow. That doesn't bother me because I will be asleep.

Breaker… your toughness inspires me!!

Thanks guys for the well wishes… after watching the game today I feel like I have to go.

Just hope it isn't as cold as it was today because that's the only thing that I can see making it real uncomfortable for you and your back. I just can't believe there is only 1 more game there and then my travel time to games goes down to 5 minutes next year.

Flyingiguana

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I went to a game with a broken finger once. It hurt everytime I drank a sip from my beer.

But I do not regret it.

shoulda drank more. wouldn't a felt a thing after a while

nmgsc2002

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So tallglass, you have a successful surgery and heading to "The Stick" one last time on Monday night?