• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Last 2 Games.....2 For 24 on Third Down

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Your game plan is 2-24 on third downs in the last 2 games. I am not crying to throw the ball on every first down. Let's not go there but a change up has to be thrown in once in a while. Even in the run formation on first, throw it once in a while. Get in a spread and run it on first. But first down is always the same play.
First that is a ridiculous generalization. So much happens in a football game that to even allude to that is silly IMO. We faced two defense that were stifling our passing game. Secondly I don't understand what you are watching. We don't run it every first down. We threw the ball on 10 first downs and ran it on 16 Sunday night. That's only like 61% of the time. I would guess we were normally even higher than that in our 11 wins if you want to oversimplify it. I'm all for passing on first down when a team proves they can stop the run or if the pass is working. But when they can't, you keep running. IMO we should have run even more on first down, but I don't see complaining about it. It was clear how the game was going and we were running well and the passing game was not having a lot of success. If we ran more on first down I think we would have won the game, but that's just my opinion. Can I prove that? Of course not, it's just what I would have done. I don't see complaining about a few play calls here and there. The big dumb obvious calls...sure, but not the individual dissecting of calls based on what did and didn't work. Stupid shit like the 3rd and long sweep or all of the 3rd and long 4 yards passes to Witten we have done were dumb because there is practically no chance for a first. But it's tough to complain about first down calls when you really can do almost anything and you still have two downs to get the first if it fails.

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
always said Dallas & Washington had the worse fans when it came to a lost football game. Hind sight never had it any better and after all the losing over the years, still true today. Flat out amazing. Yep...if we'd a just called this play instead of the one called, we'd-a-beat up those fellows

cowboycolors

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
always said Dallas & Washington had the worse fans when it came to a lost football game. Hind sight never had it any better and after all the losing over the years, still true today. Flat out amazing. Yep...if we'd a just called this play instead of the one called, we'd-a-beat up those fellows
que the Earnie Zampese quote paraphrased "if a play works your a genius if not a Idiot "

yep that hind sight would have saved me a ton of money and lots of grief damnit why cant I bottle that and sell it oh that's right nobody knows the future except death and the ole tax man are always waiting other than that its a crap shoot at best

TheStarOne

Militem Octoginta
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, first of all, in the last two games, the defenses the COWBOYS faced, were better than average.
But then again, supposedly so was the Ravens, and the Packers run defense when the BOYS played them.
In the NFL, a team's tendencies and secrets don't last too long. If a team is successful, opponents pay more attention. In the early season, I doubt there was much of a "book" on Dak. There is now.
But, great teams make adjustments. And I'm confident, we will.
The 90's COWBOY'S offense could pretty much play any type of game they wanted.
They could pass their way out of a "run" defense and run their way out of a "deep safety" pass defense.

A lot of the first down passes this season, seem to be on the short side. I don't know the facts, but it seems we have a short pass offense.

And of course, as anyone who read my posts on the Espn board knows, I am a big fan of a power run driven offense............but balanced 50% run/50% pass