• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Lance Stephenson

Arizona_Sting

GoldMember
Hoopla Cash
$ 811.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No idea what their cap situation is like, but with Stephenson being a Free Agent this summer if a desperate team were to offer him a max contract would the Pacers be able to match it?

If Melo leaves the Knicks then I could see them offering him a ridiculous deal.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No idea what their cap situation is like, but with Stephenson being a Free Agent this summer if a desperate team were to offer him a max contract would the Pacers be able to match it?

If Melo leaves the Knicks then I could see them offering him a ridiculous deal.

Good point, and no....without giving up some other players.
Without Stephenson, they are already @ 68M which includes:

George 16
Hibbert 15
West 12
Hill 8

In addition, Grainger is also a FA.

Pacers are bound to look different next season. No wonder they are playing this one like its now or maybe not ever ( in a proverbial way).

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL you know this how? He is a big city boy.....Born and Raised in Brooklyn, NY.

If you don't think if he's offer a max contract that he will take that money and run, you're delusional. If you as a mid second round pick made it so far in the league that you can get a max contract, you do not turn it down early on in your career

Lone Granger

Superstar
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL you know this how? He is a big city boy.....Born and Raised in Brooklyn, NY.

If you don't think if he's offer a max contract that he will take that money and run, you're delusional. If you as a mid second round pick made it so far in the league that you can get a max contract, you do not turn it down early on in your career

What is it with you Heat "fans"? You don't think at all aside from wanting to get aggressive with someone immediately and try to rub something in somebody's face. Is your life that worthless that a message board makes you feel that important? Hahaha.

Look faggot, I said what I said about Lance because that's what he said.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Losing Granger is pretty much a foregone conclusion. Bird has no intentions of losing Lance.

Then " no intention" means they are willing to pay luxury tax if they also want to keep Hill, Hibbert, George and West.

Forget about Lance signing cheap. A young player who currently is making 1M will rightfully take advantage of this opportunity for a huge pay day.

Could be very similar to what happened to Ok. City and Harden.[/quote]

Last edited by a moderator:

Am I Blue Through it All?

Herald of the Apocalypse
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Then " no intention" means they are willing to pay luxury tax if they also want to keep Hill, Hibbert, George and West.

Forget about Lance signing cheap. A young player who currently is making 1M will rightfully take advantage of this opportunity for a huge pay day.

Could be very similar to what happened to Ok. City and Harden.

Our local pundit Kravitz has openly suggested that owner Simon open up the purse strings and keep this team together. He certainly can afford it. Still, Bird has been a man of his word thus far.

BOTSLAYER

You can be anything
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I read an article about this about a month ago I think, Lance's market value is about $9m they estimated iirc and Indy can afford to offer about $7m next year.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I read an article about this about a month ago I think, Lance's market value is about $9m

I may be wrong, but I feel he will be offered much more than that.
He will be an all star this season. At his age with his upside? 9M?

Did you consider that players like Jrue Holiday and Tyreke Evans will make 11M next year?[/

lakersrule

ANUSTART
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I may be wrong, but I feel he will be offered much more than that.
He will be an all star this season. At his age with his upside? 9M?

Did you consider that players like Jrue Holiday and Tyreke Evans will make 11M next year?

His free agency will be an interesting one. Under this new CBA, we aren't going to be seeing as many big contracts as before.

BOTSLAYER

You can be anything
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

BOTSLAYER

You can be anything
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I doubt Bird will be willing to relinquish his pet project. Thinking about whom else might have to go is not all that comforting, however.

Granger is probably gone next year and IND is @ $65m, leaves them about $8m to sign 3 players.

I would not be surprised if Lance takes a minor pay cut to stay, maybe $2m or so but if he gets some huge contract offer I think IND will let him go. Bird says their team is incapable of going into the luxury.

This is probably IND's last shot at the title with this group.

Herald of the Apocalypse
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Granger is probably gone next year and IND is @ $65m, leaves them about $8m to sign 3 players.

I would not be surprised if Lance takes a minor pay cut to stay, maybe $2m or so but if he gets some huge contract offer I think IND will let him go. Bird says their team is incapable of going into the luxury.

This is probably IND's last shot at the title with this group.

I realize George Hill is a local hero and all, but don't be surprised if they manage his exit before they let Lance go.

BOTSLAYER

You can be anything
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That would free up plaenty for Lance and another PG that you guys could use anyways.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I realize George Hill is a local hero and all, but don't be surprised if they manage his exit before they let Lance go.

:agree:

Hill is good.
Stephenson is probably better.

Pacers could be scary good for years if all the players involved would sacrifice some cash so they could stay as a group.

Doubt that happens though because they are all young and benefitting from their first or potential first big pay days.

I would think West would be the player to move though, if possible.

Herald of the Apocalypse
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:agree:

Hill is good.
Stephenson is probably better.

Pacers could be scary good for years if all the players involved would sacrifice some cash so they could stay as a group.

Doubt that happens though because they are all young and benefitting from their first or potential first big pay days.

I would think West would be the player to move though, if possible.

West is beginning to get a bit long in the tooth and realizes his playing days will likely not span more than 2-3 years after this one. He signed a lesser deal than he might have to stay with the team. He is the real leader though. His is the voice that is heard on the floor and in the locker room. Vogel may not threaten to put his foot up Lance's ass when he does something stupid, but West will. Or any of the rest of the players for that matter. He is going to be hard to replace.