• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Lance Moore? Take a Shot?

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lance Moore to be released by New Orleans Saints - ESPN

Moore, 30, was due to make $3.8 million in salary and bonuses this year, including a $500,000 roster bonus due this month. His pending release was first reported by ESPN NFL Insider Adam Schefter.

He has two years remaining on his contract. By releasing him, the Saints save at least $2.5 million against this year's salary cap -- and possibly the full $3.8 million if they designate his release as a post-June 1 move.

"While his production on paper is obvious, it only tells half the story," Saints coach Sean Payton said in a statement. "Lance came to us an undrafted rookie who went to NFL Europe and spent time on our practice squad. He went on to produce outstanding results on the field for us as a result of his work ethic, reliability and commitment to get better every day. He's been one of the pillars of what we have built here as an organization."

The Saints have parted ways with some longtime veteran players this offseason while carving out cap space. In February, they released former defensive stalwarts Will Smith, Jonathan Vilma, Roman Harper and Jabari Greer.

melmaan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How about Darren Sproles ? Just released
Room in the backfield for a playmaker ?

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm a big fan of Sproles but our backfield's already crowded. He's got to have better options.

Moore? Meh. I don't see a roster spot for him either. Dobson, Boyce, Amendola, Thompkins and Slater are all pretty much locks. I'd rather have Edelman than Moore. I'd be happy to let him compete in training camp but I wouldn't shell out much for him. If we were going to go after another guy I'd rather see Emmanuel sanders again than Moore.

Last edited by a moderator:

SDGuy73

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,159.39
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm a big fan of Sproles but our backfield's already crowded. He's got to have better options.

Moore? Meh. I don't see a roster spot for him either. Dobson, Boyce, Amendola, Thompkins and Slater are all pretty much locks. I'd rather have Edelman than Moore. I'd be happy to let him compete in training camp but I wouldn't shell out much for him. If we were going to go after another guy I'd rather see Emmanuel sanders again than Moore.

I doubt we bring anyone in. Unless we are able trade Amendola. We have TJ Moe and Mark Harrison.

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Austin Collie will probably be the speed dial option again.

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Austin Collie will probably be the speed dial option again.

Why so they can just release him a week after the sign him to pick him up to release him again?

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's the point. There's simply not a consistent roster spot for that many receivers, but injuries can force need short term.

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And, unfortunatly for Collie, he has had concussion issues.
But he did perform for whatever little bit he did earn. Seems like he plated 10 snaps for 10 catches, all for 1st downs.

But with the WR's that are on the roster, Moore is not needed. He doesn't bring anything that is a greater talent or ability than what is already in Foxboro. Collie is a good candidate to bring in for training camp/preseason. Give him a signing bonus to stay on speed dial for the season.