• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Lakers vs Clippers Apr 06, 2014

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Marshall needs to stop shooting threes because he has lost his touch.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hubie Brown has a point. We are last in many categories in the league. Who would want to come to the Lakers to play?

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
17% from three-point land has just killed us. This could be another blow-out which I thought could be avoided.

LALakersboy24.7

I am the Lizard King
Hoopla Cash
$ 206.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We just need Utah to win 2 or 3 games as the season ends & the Lakers should lose all remaining games & we lock the 5th slot at least.

HizzleRocker

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Been like that for the last couple of seasons...

I think Stephen A Smith said it best on dumbtoni:

However you want to frame it, guys who play for him just don't stay healthy.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Stephen A Smith said it best on dumbtoni:

However you want to frame it, guys who play for him just don't stay healthy.

Stephen A. is a moron. His players in Phoenix stayed healthy. Nash and Amar'e started having injury issues after D'Antoni left and they started getting older.

In fact, if memory serves, Nash only had one season where he missed significant time prior to last season.

HizzleRocker

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Stephen A. is a moron. His players in Phoenix stayed healthy. Nash and Amar'e started having injury issues after D'Antoni left and they started getting older.

In fact, if memory serves, Nash only had one season where he missed significant time prior to last season.

1) In 2013 - Howard, Nash, Blake, Kobe, Meeks, Gasol, Hill, Duhon, Howard, MWP all got injured multiple times. All in all there were 17 injuries for a total of 176 games.

2) In 2014 - Bryant, Henry, Young, Gasol, Kaman, Nash and Farmar among others all go t injured for more than 250 total games.

That will be roughly 450 games missed due to injuries under his care by year's end. At some point it is no longer coincidence.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1) In 2013 - Howard, Nash, Blake, Kobe, Meeks, Gasol, Hill, Duhon, Howard, MWP all got injured multiple times. All in all there were 17 injuries for a total of 176 games.

2) In 2014 - Bryant, Henry, Young, Gasol, Kaman, Nash and Farmar among others all go t injured for more than 250 total games.

That will be roughly 450 games missed due to injuries under his care by year's end. At some point it is no longer coincidence.

And how is that D'Antoni's fault? I swear, some of you think the guy is responsible for global warming too. Howard was already injured when he came to the Lakers, Kobe has been battling injuries for years and Gasol was starting to show wear and tear as well and hasn't been truly healthy in at least 4 years. Kaman also had injury issues pre-D'Antoni. MWP also had some injuries pre-D'Antoni.

The issue was that the Lakers had a bunch of older players with a lot of mileage on them, traded for a center who was coming off of back surgery and it caught up to them as some experts thought it might. THAT was the problem, not D'Antoni.

And before you say: "it's his system". It absolutely isn't his system. He slowed it down for the older guys and if played correctly, his system would actually be easier on the older guys because there aren't a lot of iso's which put more stress on the players bodies.

HizzleRocker

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And how is that D'Antoni's fault? I swear, some of you think the guy is responsible for global warming too. Howard was already injured when he came to the Lakers, Kobe has been battling injuries for years and Gasol was starting to show wear and tear as well and hasn't been truly healthy in at least 4 years. Kaman also had injury issues pre-D'Antoni. MWP also had some injuries pre-D'Antoni.

The issue was that the Lakers had a bunch of older players with a lot of mileage on them, traded for a center who was coming off of back surgery and it caught up to them as some experts thought it might. THAT was the problem, not D'Antoni.

And before you say: "it's his system". It absolutely isn't his system. He slowed it down for the older guys and if played correctly, his system would actually be easier on the older guys because there aren't a lot of iso's which put more stress on the players bodies.

If you and I were riding in a car together (you driving) and we get into a car wreck... Police rule it was other driver's fault. Slight injuries but nothing major.

Next week you are driving me again - another accident. This time a minor fender bender.

Finally, a month later I get into your passenger seat again. You are forced to brake suddenly... Car behind you may have been following too close... Rear ends you.

** At some point, I am going to stop riding with you. I don't care to hear "it was other guys fault." At some point it is no longer coincidence.

lakersrule

ANUSTART
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think you can blame D'Antoni for all those injuries though. Gasol's vertigo was a result from earlier health issues that had nothing to do with basketball. Nash's issues stem from a freak leg injury that had nothing to do with the coach. Other injuries such as ankle sprains happen regardless of system. D'Antoni's offensive philosophy wasn't the best for the ages of the main players, but I don't think that can be blamed for all the injuries.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think you can blame D'Antoni for all those injuries though. Gasol's vertigo was a result from earlier health issues that had nothing to do with basketball. Nash's issues stem from a freak leg injury that had nothing to do with the coach. Other injuries such as ankle sprains happen regardless of system. D'Antoni's offensive philosophy wasn't the best for the ages of the main players, but I don't think that can be blamed for all the injuries.

People are stuck on this "7 seconds or less" garbage from the book that was written about D'Antoni's system. The truth is, it was only run that way in Phoenix because those were the players he was given.

For the Lakers, when the older guys have been in, it's been more of the "move it or shoot it" which is the base of his offense. Because it eliminates most of the iso's, it's actually easier on older guys like Kobe and Gasol because they don't have to get the ball and spend 10-15 seconds making moves or trying to back a guy down in the post. Thus, less wear and tear.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you and I were riding in a car together (you driving) and we get into a car wreck... Police rule it was other driver's fault. Slight injuries but nothing major.

Next week you are driving me again - another accident. This time a minor fender bender.

Finally, a month later I get into your passenger seat again. You are forced to brake suddenly... Car behind you may have been following too close... Rear ends you.

** At some point, I am going to stop riding with you. I don't care to hear "it was other guys fault." At some point it is no longer coincidence.

You might have a point if I had a history of accidents prior to you riding with me. D'Antoni didn't have a history of injury riddled teams until he was handed a team of players who were already dealing with injuries.

If you started riding with me and I had no previous history of automobile accidents, but you were riding with me because of accidents you had been in, that would be more like what D'Antoni has been dealing with. Under that scenario I might be kicking you out of my car. After all, you'd be the one with the accident history.