• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Lakers could trade pick for K.Love

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The only way that the Lakers should trade for Love is if it's a sign and trade.

That's the only way we'll get him imo. Sounds like Minny will trade him so I doubt he ever hits FA. That's going to be tough though since the team has no assets of value right now. It's why I'm hoping we use the cap space this summer to sign some tradeable pieces that can be packaged in either a trade to Minny for Love or 3 teamer, etc. There are lots of teams out there with far greater assets that can get Love and I'm afraid our best chance at getting him is if Love basically says LA or bust (like Melo did with NY). I would really love to get Love but I'm not holding my breath right now.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am going with besaesa's suggestion. I think we begin rebuilding through the draft like we did back in
'74-'76. Yea I get we traded for Kareem but we have more flexibility in 2015. Let's take the pick, and continue go with youth this year.

HizzleRocker

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
While I am not crazy at all about giving up this pick, we may be looking at it like this:

Option 1 - Swap picks with Minnesota (13th). We get Love via sign and trade. With the 13th pick, we could still get someone like Tyler Ennis or Napier.

Option 2 - Get a top pick, and bank on Exum, Wiggins, or Parker to be a franchise player.

Also, I just realized Minnesota has 3 picks in the 2nd Round. Those may be involved somehow.

Last edited by a moderator:

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yea Hizzle, I like Option one. Like I said, the outcome of Tuesday's activities will start a progression that may eventually land us various options.