• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Lack of early-season success has weighed on a now lighter C.J. Anderson

58crash

must own
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

58crash

must own
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
“Waaaayyyy better,’’ Anderson said when asked if his conditioning was better this year than last, as well as better than when he arrived as a undrafted rookie in 2013. “I’ve never come back at playing weight, so I’m excited about that. I’m leaning up.

"I think it’s maturity -- I learned every year. After my rookie year I came back at 240-something, then last year … I came back at, like, 225, 224 -- they were happy upstairs. This year I think it’s better to come back to OTAs at playing weight.’’

And that playing weight, Anderson said, is “anywhere between 218 and 221 (pounds) is where I need to be.’’ Anderson said following Tuesday’s OTA workout that he was currently at 221 pounds.

“He’s looked good and that’s what you want to see," Kubiak said. “ … We think he’s going to be a big reason we can have a big year."

The Broncos showed just how intent they are about pumping up a run game that finished a rather pedestrian 17th in the league last season after a crawl up from the bottom of the rankings early in the season when they matched the offer sheet for Anderson. They then re-signed Hillman and used a sixth-round draft pick on fullback Andy Janovich.

“(We’re) adding the fullback element, so I’m going to have to learn that,’’ Anderson said. “ … I’m doing a great job watching the (video) of those teams.’’

Lack of early-season success has weighed on a now lighter C.J. Anderson

The part I bold ....has me fired up !!!!!!!!

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hope CJ really bangs it this coming season - I like the guy - from my Alma Mater.