• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: LA Clippers vs San Antonio Spurs

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do you know the definition of thug? Not one player is a thug on the clippers. Gotta love when idiots think being a physical basketball player make you some thug

You are being a little hard on yourself. Yes, your statement does indicate that you don't know basketball, but to call yourself an idiot is stretching it a little.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree on this one, I thought that was a stupid thing to say considering how much Griffin gets hammered
No need to pick on the poor fellow he's down. he knows he made a foolish statement; let it go.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I said it on here multiple times - The Clippers- while they are mentally weak- are a team that on paper is just basically perfectly constructed- look at them

PG- Chris Paul- a top 7 player in the game- a big time leader- your ideal PG-

SG- Redick, floor stretcher- a shooter that can get hot and do huge damage- has improved defensively- basically what you think of when you imagine a shooting guard

SF-Barnes- their weakest link- but hes lanky, a solid defender, and gives them toughness

PF- Griffin- huge playmaker, athletic, etc- basically what GM's dream aboutwhen they think of a PF-

C- Jordan- basically what GMs dream about when you think center- shot blocker, one of the best rebounders in the league, finishes well.

just that starting lineup- i mean, its like it was built in a video game- each of those guys are you like your protype at the positon besides Barnes

and then look at the bench

Jamal Crawford- when you design a 6th man to come offthe bench and give you scoring- this is the EXACT type of guy you want.

The Clippers have talent......its unbelievable to me...but i dunno....I have never believed they can win 3 series in the row to get to the Finals because from what I have seen in the past its a team that folds under pressure and cant sustain mental toughness for long periods of time.

however- beating the Spurs ina game 7- and taking 2 games in SAS---i mean how much more mentally tough can you get?..

good for the Clippers-- i feel good for their fans- Doc/Paul/Griffin just had a defining moment. Thats a damn good trio.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Spurs have the better players. Look at Duncan. Do the Clippers have someone that is "everytime" on both offense and defense.

that should be Duncan's nickname "Everytime".

The Spurs go about 10 deep with players

The Clippers about 8.

i dunno about that man- the Clippers have more talent in my mind. Paul is currently better than anyone on the Spurs by a fair margin. I think Griffin probably is too.....

Paul is better than Parker
Redick is better than Green
Leonard dominates Barnes
Griffin and Duncan- i mean- honestly id have to take Griffin, Duncan is near 40 - hes still fucking really good- but i gotta take the guy in the middle of his prime who was i think top 3 in last years MVP voting
Jordan is a ton better than splitter

crawford and current day Manu are pretty dam neven....

the difference always has been mental toughness- the Spurs are the most mentally tough, focused, prepared team in the entire NBA- one of the most mentally tough teams in NBA history---- and the Clipperes have had a tendency to fold when things got tough....I saw so many of their games where they got blown out against teams because they just gave up. One of the games vs. the Cavs was a joke by the middle of the 2nd quarter- Its why I picked the Spurs...

I have to say- the Clippers showed huge mental toughess I have never seen from them before. If they can carry this momentum there is no reason they cant get out of the West.

Hornsstampede2.0

Guy Who Never Responds
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Meh, the Spurs lost fairly in possibly the closest series ever played.

my only "WHAT IF" was that I would like to have seen Tony Parker play healthy.
He was got hurt early in game 1 and did not finish that game.

Parker either sucking or injured was a primary reason they lost.
CP3 did not to have to play any defense and could focus all his energy on offense.

I am not sure why Pop did not go with Cory Joseph over a clearly diminshed and hobbled Parker.
I guess Popovich had to be loyal to the guy who brought him 4 rings???

LAMARCUS ALDRIDGE will be the nice consolation prize.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Never thought I would see the day where the Clippers beat the Spurs and are the toast of the town and are the big brother in the arena they share.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Meh, the Spurs lost fairly in possibly the closest series ever played.

my only "WHAT IF" was that I would like to have seen Tony Parker play healthy.
He was got hurt early in game 1 and did not finish that game.

Parker either sucking or injured was a primary reason they lost.
CP3 did not to have to play any defense and could focus all his energy on offense.

I am not sure why Pop did not go with Cory Joseph over a clearly diminshed and hobbled Parker.
I guess Popovich had to be loyal to the guy who brought him 4 rings???

LAMARCUS ALDRIDGE will be the nice consolation prize.

that will be interesting to see.....he will be hotly sought after though. Portland still has a chance to retain him- Houston will come calling...other teams with cap room....

Spurs definitely have a shot at them. It does not surprise me the Spurs lost. Its hard to play so many games in a 3 year span - and then play a team like the Clippers who are so desperate for a win. That desperation to win i think was the difference.

I think Manu probably retires. He has noticeably taken a step back.

Patty Mills/Belinelli/Diaw is an ok bench if you have the Real Manu playing- but without a very good Manu - those other 3 guys really show up as fairly inadequate.

Hornsstampede2.0

Guy Who Never Responds
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Spurs are considered the front-runner in the Aldridge sweepstakes....not overwhelming but still the leader.
He truly wants to go back to play in the state of Texas, but he really hates the idea of leaving Portland.

It is probably 50% Spurs, 35% Blazers, and then 15% everyone else.

Dallas isn't really a better chance to win, and Dirk plays the same position.
Dirk would have to go to the bench which would be awkward. They both cant be on the same court really.

Houston cannot come close to the same money that SA or Portland can pay him.

It makes a lot of sense in San Antonio because its a perfect fit on the court even more than Port.
Duncan, Aldridge, and Leonard all have skills that complement each other with little wasted overlap.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The key for the Clippers in this series was always the production they can get from Redick, Barnes, and Crawford.

Tonight they combined for 47 points.

HUGE

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
2 more questions about Pop coaching decisions

1) Why would you have Green on Paul instead of Leonard on the game winning play?

2) After the clock situation happened why in the world would you run the same exact play after the Clippers already saw what you were doing?

Wishbone

Robust Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Spurs are considered the front-runner in the Aldridge sweepstakes....not overwhelming but still the leader.
He truly wants to go back to play in the state of Texas, but he really hates the idea of leaving Portland.

It is probably 50% Spurs, 35% Blazers, and then 15% everyone else.

Dallas isn't really a better chance to win, and Dirk plays the same position.
Dirk would have to go to the bench which would be awkward. They both cant be on the same court really.

Houston cannot come close to the same money that SA or Portland can pay him.

It makes a lot of sense in San Antonio because its a perfect fit on the court even more than Port.
Duncan, Aldridge, and Leonard all have skills that complement each other with little wasted overlap.

Aldridge needs to come play with his buddy Durant in Okc.

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That series was phenomenal.

GenJac

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What a dramatic, epic series. As a fan you couldn't ask for more. The series was hyped up before it even began, and it lived up to all the hype,2 heavyweights going the distance to a game 7 and appeared heading to OT when Paul made that amazing shot. Both teams left it all out on the court last night, a shame someone had to lose.

Hornsstampede2.0

Guy Who Never Responds
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why the heck would Duncan retire?

He is playing at an elite level. He was an allstar. He will likely make an NBA all-defense and/or 3rd team all NBA.
He was a dominant force all series long.

Injured TONY PARKER was useless in the series, not DUNCAN.
DUNCAN would have been the series MVP had CP3 not made that shot.

Timmy doesnt really rely on athleticism. He was never an athletic freak. He relies on simple skill fundamentals.
Someone like Blake Griffin would likely be out of the league by age 36. He relies almost entirely on athleticism.

Timmy luckily doesnt have much athleticism to fade with old age.
I honestly believe he can play 2 or 3 more years.

Ginobili, that's another debate.

Tod-Wilkinson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
2 more questions about Pop coaching decisions

1) Why would you have Green on Paul instead of Leonard on the game winning play?

2) After the clock situation happened why in the world would you run the same exact play after the Clippers already saw what you were doing?

pop was throwing the series all series long. Doc is his protege and he clearly took a fall for Doc. That was awful coaching the entire series.

fouling Deandre when the spurs are up 10 with all momentum, why mess with that. They lost 3 of those games because of that.

not fouling deandre when the Clippers are litterally hitting everything and playing with rhythm.

Tod-Wilkinson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i dunno about that man- the Clippers have more talent in my mind. Paul is currently better than anyone on the Spurs by a fair margin. I think Griffin probably is too.....

Paul is better than Parker
Redick is better than Green
Leonard dominates Barnes
Griffin and Duncan- i mean- honestly id have to take Griffin, Duncan is near 40 - hes still fucking really good- but i gotta take the guy in the middle of his prime who was i think top 3 in last years MVP voting
Jordan is a ton better than splitter

crawford and current day Manu are pretty dam neven....

the difference always has been mental toughness- the Spurs are the most mentally tough, focused, prepared team in the entire NBA- one of the most mentally tough teams in NBA history---- and the Clipperes have had a tendency to fold when things got tough....I saw so many of their games where they got blown out against teams because they just gave up. One of the games vs. the Cavs was a joke by the middle of the 2nd quarter- Its why I picked the Spurs...

I have to say- the Clippers showed huge mental toughess I have never seen from them before. If they can carry this momentum there is no reason they cant get out of the West.

Paul is better than Parker, but not when Parker is on his game
Green is a lot better than reddick, reddick is quikly becoming a very overrated player
Leonard is a ton better than barnes
Duncan is a ton better than Griffin, Offensively and 1000times better defensively
Jordan is a little better than Tiago

Ginobili, Mills, Bellineli, Baynes, Diaw are all a little better than the Clippers bench

Tod-Wilkinson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I said it on here multiple times - The Clippers- while they are mentally weak- are a team that on paper is just basically perfectly constructed- look at them

PG- Chris Paul- a top 7 player in the game- a big time leader- your ideal PG-

SG- Redick, floor stretcher- a shooter that can get hot and do huge damage- has improved defensively- basically what you think of when you imagine a shooting guard

SF-Barnes- their weakest link- but hes lanky, a solid defender, and gives them toughness

PF- Griffin- huge playmaker, athletic, etc- basically what GM's dream aboutwhen they think of a PF-

C- Jordan- basically what GMs dream about when you think center- shot blocker, one of the best rebounders in the league, finishes well.

just that starting lineup- i mean, its like it was built in a video game- each of those guys are you like your protype at the positon besides Barnes

and then look at the bench

Jamal Crawford- when you design a 6th man to come offthe bench and give you scoring- this is the EXACT type of guy you want.

The Clippers have talent......its unbelievable to me...but i dunno....I have never believed they can win 3 series in the row to get to the Finals because from what I have seen in the past its a team that folds under pressure and cant sustain mental toughness for long periods of time.

however- beating the Spurs ina game 7- and taking 2 games in SAS---i mean how much more mentally tough can you get?..

good for the Clippers-- i feel good for their fans- Doc/Paul/Griffin just had a defining moment. Thats a damn good trio.

They've only been together about 2 years honestly. You act as though they've lost in the first round the last 10 years together.

Give it atleast 5 years man.