• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: LA Clippers vs San Antonio Spurs

69er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That has been the overall theme of the series.
AWFUL BENCH vs DEEPEST BENCH in league.

Usually the bench doesnt matter this much, but the Clippers bench is an embarassment.
They probably win if they even have a D+ bench instead of the F- bench.

They dont need much......game 5 shows they can win with a tiny little bit of bench help.
Speaking of benches, wheres that poster who told me that the bench isnt important in playoffs?
But man, the Clippers need to take this series regardless, the Spurs just dont look the same. Splitter, Parker, Manu, and Green arent playing up to par. If one of those players go off from here on out, Spurs have a chance. Clippers starters need to spank dat ass or hope Clippers bench can have Austin Rivers go off again (hahahhaha couldnt say that with a straight face)

No brain fart from Clippers or if Parker, Manu and Green still playing like this, I think Clips will take both.

BUD

Hoopla Cash
$ 672.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Spurs will advance to the next round.. Game 6 won't be easy for them, but I think SA can pull it off at home

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Speaking of benches, wheres that poster who told me that the bench isnt important in playoffs?
But man, the Clippers need to take this series regardless, the Spurs just dont look the same. Splitter, Parker, Manu, and Green arent playing up to par. If one of those players go off from here on out, Spurs have a chance. Clippers starters need to spank dat ass or hope Clippers bench can have Austin Rivers go off again (hahahhaha couldnt say that with a straight face)

No brain fart from Clippers or if Parker, Manu and Green still playing like this, I think Clips will take both.

It's kinda what the Spurs do. Remember, last year the Mavs took them to 7 games in the 1st round. After that they pretty much destroyed everybody on their way to the title.

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's kinda what the Spurs do. Remember, last year the Mavs took them to 7 games in the 1st round. After that they pretty much destroyed everybody on their way to the title.

Which is why we're all counting on the Clippers to get them before they get rolling.

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not me. Go Spurs!!

I remember the good old days when no one liked the Spurs. :D Then they had to go and face the Heat twice in the Finals and gain a bunch of national support.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I remember the good old days when no one liked the Spurs. :D Then they had to go and face the Heat twice in the Finals and gain a bunch of national support.

I used to hate the Spurs too. But over time, I've come to admire how everyone writes them off, every year and yet every year, they are in the mix. Have to admire that kind of consistency.

Not gonna lie, what they did to the Heat (specifically Lebron) helped a little too though.

Hornsstampede2.0

Guy Who Never Responds
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
People might have hated the mid-2000s version of the Spurs.

That was the slow, physical, repetitive, defensive driven version.
They always squashed the dreams of the exciting, glamorous, high-flying Phoenix Suns of the era.

People wanted to see the SUNS win with their glamor and excitement.
The SPURS were like this wet blanket of east german robotic efficient boring defense.

For some reason, people thought it was bad for basketball as it was boring somehow.
Although, I think the 2005 PISTONS-SPURS was one of the greatest series of all time somehow labelled boring.

But people are not paying attention....that was a long time ago.
The team style looks nothing like the mid-2000s style.

They can run with anyone, and they can show more flair and style than the best of em...especially in all their harlem globetrotter passing frenzies.

lakersrule

ANUSTART
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Clippers need to quit bitching so much. No wonder they are exhausted by the fourth quarter. Interesting tweets from Simmons....

The referees weren't great last night, but bad calls went both ways.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

They always squashed the dreams of the exciting, glamorous, high-flying Phoenix Suns of the era.

The SPURS were like this wet blanket of east german robotic efficient boring defense.

For some reason, people thought it was bad for basketball as it was boring somehow.
Although, I think the 2005 PISTONS-SPURS was one of the greatest series of all time somehow labelled boring.

They can run with anyone, and they can show more flair and style than the best of em...especially in all their harlem globetrotter passing frenzies.

A whoooooole lot of truth in this post. Most folks, especially casual fans, want to see lots and lots of offense. The Spurs were the antithesis of this. I never had a problem with how they played, I just hated them because during Shaq/Kobe, Kobe/Pau and to a little lesser degree, the Showtime era, it always seemed like the Spurs (along with the Jazz) were always one of the teams standing in the Lakers way.

I've always respected the Spurs, but it's only been over the past few seasons that I can say that I actually like them.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The only call that really annoyed me was the t on Chris Paul. He was trying to speed up a bit so he gave the ball to the ref so the clippers can inbound it quickly

lakersrule

ANUSTART
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The only call that really annoyed me was the t on Chris Paul. He was trying to speed up a bit so he gave the ball to the ref so the clippers can inbound it quickly

That call seemed suspect although we don't know if CP3 said something to the ref as he threw the ball to him.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Realistically, this series could be over.

In Game 3, if they put the ball in Chris Pauls' hands on the last possession they draw a foul and close the game. Now this last game was unfortunate with the goaltending. Clips had all the chances in the world to at least be up 3-2 going into San Antonio.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Realistically, this series could be over.

In Game 3, if they put the ball in Chris Pauls' hands on the last possession they draw a foul and close the game. Now this last game was unfortunate with the goaltending. Clips had all the chances in the world to at least be up 3-2 going into San Antonio.

You mean game 2 but if the clippers were able to close the deal at home in games 2 & 5 series would have been done last night.

Btw welcome back Bruh. We need more logical cavs fans here. Right now we only have one

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Parker looks slow and not himself.
Manu hasnt been the same for awhile, but we see flashes.
Duncan is the same as he always was lol
Leonard has become a beast on both sides
Green has been off

BUT they are still competing with an athletic team that is playing well, other than shooting damn free throws. Regardless the Clips should have had this series and they let it slip. But if the Spurs do find their groove then they are dangerous here on out. If they get through the West they will most likely win it all.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You mean game 2 but if the clippers were able to close the deal at home in games 2 & 5 series would have been done last night.

Btw welcome back Bruh. We need more logical cavs fans here. Right now we only have one

Yeah, I meant Game 2 lol

I have been busy the last few weeks with a new job, but still have been watching all the NBA Playoffs. Cant miss it!!

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I get what you're saying. The playing style of the Spurs has changed drastically. That hate never had to do much with that, though, IMO.

Good teams that sustain success for a long period of time are going to gain enemies from lots of fanbases. Every team they beat in a playoff series along their way to success gains a little bit of hatred for them.

Its just that in the last 5 years, a lot of NBA fans across the country are united in rooting against the Heat, and - to a lesser extent - now the Cavs. The Mavs gained a bunch of supporters in the first year. The Spurs gained a bunch of supporters in the last 2.

And then there's last years Finals - where they put on a clinic of team basketball which pretty much forced everyone to respect them

GenJac

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There is no shame in losing to the defending champs. What's hard is when you compound matters with bonehead plays and lack of composure. Players complain on almost every call because they follow the lead of the head coach. Bad calls are part of the game, and that's when the good teams respond. Clearly the Spurs are the better coached and more prepared team. The Clippers may have a more talented starting five, definitely more athletic, but the bench isn't even close. Win or lose, a great series.

Flauge

Still a Heat fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,109.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I REMEMBER NOTHING!