• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Kyle Sloter

fightinredantz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have not watched a ton of the preseason but he has impressed me, and I believe he is the 2nd best QB on the team. Doesn'the sound like he will get the opportunity to be the backup but he probably shold.

Thoughts?

MileHigh64

Broncos Fanatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,033.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have not watched a ton of the preseason but he has impressed me, and I believe he is the 2nd best QB on the team. Doesn'the sound like he will get the opportunity to be the backup but he probably shold.

Thoughts?

Sloter has looked good in his preseason playing time. He's facing vanilla defenses and 2nd/3rd stringers but it's hard to not admit that he's looked more poised than Paxton Lynch.

With Lynch sidelined for 2-3 weeks with a shoulder injury, I'm not sure the Broncos have a choice but to put him on the active roster. It's a bummer since that will eliminate another position on the team to carry three QB's. They could bring in a vet but I think Elway's a gambler and would play the first two games of the season with Sloter as Siemian's backup. The Broncos emergency QB is Jordan Taylor, so that just may improve his odds of making the team too. It's probably going to be a bit of a nail-biter first couple of weeks if the Broncos don't bring in another veteran QB.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good enough to be on the practice squad and continue to learn.

fightinredantz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure that he is not good enough to to be a backup now for some team.

randymon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Problem is, what " vet " that will possibly be available, would benefit Denver. Their in big trouble no matter who hits waiver if TS fails or goes down. Personally, Unless Denver were to give up a 2nd, Sloter isn't any worse/ better than anybody that would be available anyway when you consider talent, time to learn offense, timing, etc. Denver's only chance is TS stays healthy, PL can get ready by week 2 and Sloter stays active in case. There is no other option for this team to make a playoff if that scenario falls apart. Unless, Peyton comes out. ;)

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Right, if Lynch is out 1 or 2 weeks that is another ballgame. If he were to miss longer then we would surely bring a vet in. People often forget that if you're on the active roster week 1 your contract is guaranteed for the season. If we sign a vet that is going to be more costly if it's just a 1 or 2 week filler.... But there are several factors that will go into if we keep Sloter for a week or two or if we bring in a vet... Staff will have a decision to make. Previously before last game VJ announced Sloter would not make the team... If Pax is out a week or two that could change, if he is out longer then a vet will need to come in. Right now Jordan Taylor is our #3 (Yeah Lets hope it doesn't get there.

Vance Joseph also said he is exploring options right now... So we will see. Really comes down to how long they think Paxton will miss.

Right now I am sorta expecting us to sign another QB with some experience. It appears we want Sloter on the PS and don't want him on the field in an possible scenario come regular season times. It makes sense to me but I still question what the best move might be here without guaranteeing someone's contract that will only be here for a few weeks. But as bad as Paxton has looked maybe a vet to come in and get a look at wouldn't be the worst thing in the world anyway. That or sign someone who would get league minimum (not vet status) who has some experience but not much out there in that case. Probably gonna have to sign a vet. Now I am rambling thinking about it.... I guess we will see. I really don't know what we will do. Seems sorta unexciting anyway you look at it. Maybe Blaine Gabbert gets cut as Drew Stanton beat him out for the #2 job in Arizona. Fun times in Denver!

Someone like Austin Davis would make sense who was here last year and still out there.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's funny though seeing a Broncos QB wearing #1.. Feels like Jason Elam is back in uniform throwing passes.

CEH

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm dumbfounded right now with what the FO thinks and wants to do with Sloter.
Do they really care to have him on the PS. Just gettin a wierd vibe about Sloter.

58crash

must own
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cut him .

58crash

must own
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure that he is not good enough to to be a backup now for some team.

He might be .. Problem with that is he is learning our O . Teams get that + he is a Rookie that facing burger flippers .

He is not that great . Kind of stiff . Yes he can let it fly .. time will tell . DC is dead on PS material

If a team signs him good for him .

58crash

must own
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Paxton is not stiff . He is the real Deal go look at his deep balls in College . I get it he is struggling to pick up all of what is asked . We need a OC that is long term is my guess he probably will get were he needs mid season .

randymon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Paxton is not stiff . He is the real Deal go look at his deep balls in College . I get it he is struggling to pick up all of what is asked . We need a OC that is long term is my guess he probably will get were he needs mid season .
Yep. Great at Memphis when that 5 second wind up he needs to release the ball. This is NFL where you have to get rid of ball quickly or if you want your pass to get there as wr is just starting his cut or gets separation window. I think Lynch sees it and tries to anticipate, but that long wind up kills him. He needs to start his throwing motion when wr is a yard off line of scrimmage ;)

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Sloter has a small opportunity to play his way onto the roster in the final pre-season game. I had predicted he would be the talk of training camp. What I like in his game is the field generalship - you are born with that stuff they usually don't train you in how to take charge and get others to believe in you.

I also can't imagine the Broncos will go into the regular season with 1 able bodied QB. However, Lynch's injury is not severe enough to put on IR.

Sloter to light it up in the next game and change the calculus here, but I don't see teams picking Sloter up - because of the system knowledge requirement a QB needs to have - he can't over come that with experience and hasn't shown talent over a long enough period of time - so he will likely make it to the PS.

randymon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Sloter has a small opportunity to play his way onto the roster in the final pre-season game. I had predicted he would be the talk of training camp. What I like in his game is the field generalship - you are born with that stuff they usually don't train you in how to take charge and get others to believe in you.

I also can't imagine the Broncos will go into the regular season with 1 able bodied QB. However, Lynch's injury is not severe enough to put on IR.

Sloter to light it up in the next game and change the calculus here, but I don't see teams picking Sloter up - because of the system knowledge requirement a QB needs to have - he can't over come that with experience and hasn't shown talent over a long enough period of time - so he will likely make it to the PS.
Depending on how many starters play on offense, Sloter is going to have ruff go vs Cards more than likely. It's not going to be pretty from either team. Lots of penalties, etc,etc. and the D and STs will prob out score both offenses. We'll see. Still better to watch than Desperate Housewives like a lot of guys here will prob be watching. :-)

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Depending on how many starters play on offense, Sloter is going to have ruff go vs Cards more than likely. It's not going to be pretty from either team. Lots of penalties, etc,etc. and the D and STs will prob out score both offenses. We'll see. Still better to watch than Desperate Housewives like a lot of guys here will prob be watching. :-)

Yeah the last game is usually pretty ugly. At this point its like enough PS already and its gonna be a lot of inexperienced guys running around out there together.

randymon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's not a scary thought at all.

Yeah the last game is usually pretty ugly. At this point its like enough PS already and its gonna be a lot of inexperienced guys running around out there together.
Yeah it's a catch 22. Guys trying to make team really need game but if your a wr and you got # 3 Qb trying to get you the ball but he's got the # 3-5 linemen in front of him, your odds go way down. You listen to Coaches and players talk preseason and most the valuable vets say it's not needed for them ( 4 games ) but very important for guys trying to make team. To me anyway and what I've seen over the years, players are subject to serious or season ending ending injuries in OTA's and Traing Camp as they are in wk 1-4 preseason games. Most say just have couple scrimmages vs other teams. To me anyway, what's that help when many of these injuries are non-contact related anyway. ??????? No win-win here.