• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

KSTate vs KSU

SEC Official

Elongated Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So when does KU drop in the RPI... :noidea:

They played one hell of a tough schedule this year... gotta give them that.

The best quote of the day I heard was "... Wichita State made it through the toughest part of their schedule at Northern Iowa and Indiana State... " yet Kanas will fall in the rankings with a loss for playing by far the toughest schedule in CBB....

I only hope Wichita St gets Kansas in March... I know we love our Cinderella stories... but give me a break.

dcZONAfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They played one hell of a tough schedule this year... gotta give them that.

The best quote of the day I heard was "... Wichita State made it through the toughest part of their schedule at Northern Iowa and Indiana State... " yet Kanas will fall in the rankings with a loss for playing by far the toughest schedule in CBB....

I only hope Wichita St gets Kansas in March... I know we love our Cinderella stories... but give me a break.

i don't see any reason to hate on WSU. They are legit even if they haven't played anybody. It's not like Gonzaga last year. They are better than their FF team (and that wasn't a crazy cinderella run, they hung with Louisville in the semis).

Do I think they should get a 2 seed and not a 1 seed? Probably. But to say that they don't deserve to be there simply says to me that you haven't watched them play. They could 100% shut down Kansas on the RIGHT night, because their defense is legit, just like last year. I am not sure why you, as a Florida fan, would discount a team that has shown the ability to lock down on defense. That can win you games at any time, and their offense is quite good as well.

Do I think they will win it all? Nope. Do I think they can make another FF run? Absolutely, they are as likely as all but maybe 5 or 6 teams to do that.

SEC Official

Elongated Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i don't see any reason to hate on WSU. They are legit even if they haven't played anybody. It's not like Gonzaga last year. They are better than their FF team (and that wasn't a crazy cinderella run, they hung with Louisville in the semis).

Do I think they should get a 2 seed and not a 1 seed? Probably. But to say that they don't deserve to be there simply says to me that you haven't watched them play. They could 100% shut down Kansas on the RIGHT night, because their defense is legit, just like last year. I am not sure why you, as a Florida fan, would discount a team that has shown the ability to lock down on defense. That can win you games at any time, and their offense is quite good as well.

Do I think they will win it all? Nope. Do I think they can make another FF run? Absolutely, they are as likely as all but maybe 5 or 6 teams to do that.

I am not hating on them... but I do believe that a tough schedule impacts your ability to win games over the long haul.

Playing a cake schedule has generally proven to be a kiss of death for most teams.... and this year, I don't think W State makes it to the Sweet 16.

Not hating.. just my opinion.

dcZONAfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am not hating on them... but I do believe that a tough schedule impacts your ability to win games over the long haul.

Playing a cake schedule has generally proven to be a kiss of death for most teams.... and this year, I don't think W State makes it to the Sweet 16.

Not hating.. just my opinion.

I'd take that bet in a heartbeat. The quality of teams in that 8/9 or 7/10 seed is not very good. I mean for CHRIST'S SAKE, Lunardi has Gonzaga as a 7 seed right now.

SEC Official

Elongated Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Projected #7 seeds... Pitt, Ok State, UCLA, etc. I think they could all easily upset W State.

dcZONAfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Projected #7 seeds... Pitt, Ok State, UCLA, etc. I think they could all easily upset W State.

Sorry but you just named 3 teams that aren't very good. Pitt? OK St? Really?

UCLA maybe...but they aren't nearly tough enough to beat WSU.

Pitt?? You want to bash a team for an easy nonconference schedule then bring Pitt into the argument? Kenpom has WSU's OOC SOS at 109, and Pitts at 298

SEC Official

Elongated Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sorry but you just named 3 teams that aren't very good. Pitt? OK St? Really?

UCLA maybe...but they aren't nearly tough enough to beat WSU.

Pitt?? You want to bash a team for an easy nonconference schedule then bring Pitt into the argument? Kenpom has WSU's OOC SOS at 109, and Pitts at 298

I never bashed a team for "nonconference" schedule... I am bashing Wichita State for the ENTIRE schedule... go through their schedule and tell me the toughest games they have played?

I can name 15+ for Kansas... name 3-5 for Wichita and I will be impressed... because you won't find that many.

SEC Official

Elongated Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let's put it this way.... looking at the RPI rating of their opponents.

Wichita State has only played 3 (yes 3) teams in the Top 50. Not even top 25. And they were barely Top 50... in fact I would say they played 1 team in the top 40 is the better way to look at it. The only team inside the top 45 they played all year was RPI ranked #17 St. Louis.

The other two teams they played in the top 50... #41 BYU and #47 Tennessee.

Then let's look at a team like Kansas...

Played 15 teams in the RPI top 50.... 3 of which were top 10... a bunch more between 15 and 30.

Just not the same to me... sorry.

Texas Jefe

Come and take it
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,600.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The way KSU is playing at home right now, they are a tough out.

SEC Official

Elongated Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wichita State is losing to S. Illinois right now in the 2nd half... and they struggled against Indiana St.