• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Kovalchuk retires...

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought that the khl was honoring nhl contracts and player rights? If so how can this happen?

apparently the devils agreed to terminate kovalchuk's contract when he said he was retiring.. most likely because they're broke, but since he announced his 'retirement' and the devils put the paper work through to terminate his contract, he's free to play wherever he wants. in order to come back to the NHL though, all 30 teams have to allow him to, which i dont see happening, at least not for a long time. the devils will want to keep him out of the NHL at the very least, and i'm sure there are other teams that are pissed about his defection.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kovi screwed the Devils bad. If he wouldve retired like three weeks ago they may have kept Clarkson hahahahahahah!

FlyerFinFan

Long Member ; )
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
apparently the devils agreed to terminate kovalchuk's contract when he said he was retiring.. most likely because they're broke, but since he announced his 'retirement' and the devils put the paper work through to terminate his contract, he's free to play wherever he wants. in order to come back to the NHL though, all 30 teams have to allow him to, which i dont see happening, at least not for a long time. the devils will want to keep him out of the NHL at the very least, and i'm sure there are other teams that are pissed about his defection.

Okay makes more sense thanks Awaz. Either way bizarre happenings and Las you're right the timing couldn't have been worse for them. Wonder if more Russians start doing this while the money's there.

lasgop8

Lets do this!
Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Okay makes more sense thanks Awaz. Either way bizarre happenings and Las you're right the timing couldn't have been worse for them. Wonder if more Russians start doing this while the money's there.

I wish Bryz wouldve done this 2 years ago then we would have Bob as our goalie.

jerseyjigroe

Experience Quality Trust
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
3v5ahz.jpg

jerseyjigroe

Experience Quality Trust
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00