• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Kopitar vs. Getzlaf

oxnardkingsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It should turn out to be a really close vote. Of course we all prefer Kopitar but if you're honest with yourself you'll have to admit Getzlaf is a very, very good player. Kopitar gets my vote due to his better overall game. Plays 200 feet all the time.

Ox

Inimical

Sports Hooplah Local Reporter
Hoopla Cash
$ 523.17
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It should turn out to be a really close vote. Of course we all prefer Kopitar but if you're honest with yourself you'll have to admit Getzlaf is a very, very good player. Kopitar gets my vote due to his better overall game. Plays 200 feet all the time.

Ox
:agree:

Psych3man

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Too early in their brackets for this match-up--two of the four best centers in hockey (Crosby & Toews round it out for me at that level)

Then Brad Richards.....lol

oxnardkingsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Too early in their brackets for this match-up--two of the four best centers in hockey (Crosby & Toews round it out for me at that level)

Then Brad Richards.....lol

:agree:

And now the next matchup for Kopitar is against Toews. Who set this up? ESPN?

Ox

PuckinUgly57

Don't be a jabroni.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Saw that, Kopitar won. I think an argument could be made for both players, I like them both but for different reasons.

Toews vs Kopitar, Toews is going to win that one hands down. Not saying it's right/not right, but that's what's going to happen. Kopitar is still somewhat held in less regard than Toews even though he is just as good and has accomplished just as much.

oxnardkingsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Saw that, Kopitar won. I think an argument could be made for both players, I like them both but for different reasons.

Toews vs Kopitar, Toews is going to win that one hands down. Not saying it's right/not right, but that's what's going to happen. Kopitar is still somewhat held in less regard than Toews even though he is just as good and has accomplished just as much.

Yeah Puck, I've gotta agree with you on that. Right or wrong Toews is Canadian and Kopitar is Slovenian. Kopitar will get a lot of votes from Kings fans but all of Canada is going to vote for Toews along with all the midwest and eastern hockey fans. Just like the Getzlaf/Kopitar matchup this should have come much later in the brackets.

The whole thing is kind of silly anyways. It's completely set up to come down to Crosby vs Toews.

Ox

PuckinUgly57

Don't be a jabroni.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah Puck, I've gotta agree with you on that. Right or wrong Toews is Canadian and Kopitar is Slovenian. Kopitar will get a lot of votes from Kings fans but all of Canada is going to vote for Toews along with all the midwest and eastern hockey fans. Just like the Getzlaf/Kopitar matchup this should have come much later in the brackets.

The whole thing is kind of silly anyways. It's completely set up to come down to Crosby vs Toews.

Ox

As you said, that is what the set up will be and it's pretty pathetic. The whole thing is kind of dumb actually, but with summer upon us these guys have to come up with something.

You nailed it on Toews, that's how it will go down. Shame too because Kopitar is easily one of the top 3 centers in the league and has been for some time but he doesn't get much recognition past Chicago heading east.

I think I posted a link on here to the Hawks board where someone stated it was a surprise that Kopitar was nominated for the Selke along with Bergeron and Toews. I replied back it shouldn't be at all, he deserves to be there if you watched him. He controls the game for LA in all 3 zones and if he played back east he would their second best center behind Crosby.

But that is the problem, no one back East and the midwest overall watch the Kings so Kopitar's constant snubs make sense but they simply are not true.

Kings4OT

Suck my Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pretty much sums up what most Kings fans have always known.