• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Knile Davis

tpaulus_2

Top-5 Arm Chair GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think if Knile Davis is there with our late 4th or early 5th rounder we should absolutely take him.

I know we don't need a RB, but a RB with his size/speed combo is rare. We have the depth to stash him for a couple years, let him return kicks and play sparingly on offense while he learns the ropes. Then, after a few years if/when Reggie is ready to hang 'em up we'll have a fresh young replacement who has already been in the system for a while.

Davis is only 21, if I'm not mistaken, so he's young enough that we'll still get a full career out of him even if we basically red shirt the kid.

I think he'll turn out to be a 3rd day steal for someone.

SEC Official

Elongated Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All depends on whether he can stay healthy... he wasn't exactly healthy here in NW Arkansas during this tenure... risky with the NFL where they hit a lot harder.

tpaulus_2

Top-5 Arm Chair GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
These combine numbers are off the chart for a RB:

NFL Events: Combine Player Profiles - Knile Davis

Sure there's RBs who can match his speed, or his size, or his strength, but there's no other back in this draft who is tops in all three of those categories. 5'10 and 227 lbs is a stout RB. Add in a 4.37 40 time (official combine time, so like a 3.98 if it were his pro day) and you've got yourself a weapon.

The fact that he has decently long arms for his size (29 3/4" arms @ 5'10" roughly compares to a 6'6" guy having 34" arms for the sake of comparison) and did 33 reps on the bench suggest he should be able to handle the blitz well, assuming he's able to learn his blocking assignments well.

There's a lot to like there, although (as noted above) he's got a pretty good injury history. That's why I like the idea of using him very lightly behind our other three backs for a few years. He could really put the injuries behind him before he's needed to contribute. Jason Fox style. :cool2: