• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

KJ practicing today

gowazzu02

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Per PC's presser, just heard on the radio. im sure there'll be linkys soon enough.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah I heard him talking on my way home. That was some good news. Still crossing my fingers for Harvin however.

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah I heard him talking on my way home. That was some good news. Still crossing my fingers for Harvin however.

Harvin should be able to go. We did get an extra day this week which helps. I'm sure I won't be the only person pissed off if he can't even suit up.

gowazzu02

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Harvin should be able to go. We did get an extra day this week which helps. I'm sure I won't be the only person pissed off if he can't even suit up.

think about concussions is its not his or the teams call. He has to pass a specific set of tests performed by league docs.

Banned 10x

aka Raindrop
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
think about concussions is its not his or the teams call. He has to pass a specific set of tests performed by league docs.

I know that's protocol now, but do you think behind closed doors, since this is the NFCCG, that he will be allowed to play?

DonyellFreak

Custom User Title
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

:agree:

I don't want to hear bitching and moaning about this guy's brain and mental health being protected, look at Junior Seau sports is important to us fans and we all want a Seahawks championship but it's not worth these guys long term health being ruined.

octagondd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:agree:

I don't want to hear bitching and moaning about this guy's brain and mental health being protected, look at Junior Seau sports is important to us fans and we all want a Seahawks championship but it's not worth these guys long term health being ruined.

Especially now that the settlement with the ex-players has been rejected and it will cost the NFL even more money then they originally thought. They are going to get even tougher on the concussion protocol next season.

This is why I think it is really important that a head hunting rule gets added which takes any flagged defender off the field for as long as the player he hit is off the field.

Time for players to learn how to tackle again instead of just trucking someone.

Destroydacre

Throws stuff out windows
Hoopla Cash
$ 90.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

At this point I expect nothing from Harvin. Even if he's cleared and practices this week and is active on gameday.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think that is well known. I didn't mean I'd be pissed at him, or the team, just pissed in general. We need all hands on deck.

I have seen several players go out with concussions this season and almost all of them returned the next game. Him having an extra day because they played on Saturday is another day to get through the protocol.

And actually he has to pass the test by the team doc and once he passes that, then it goes to a doc approved by both the league and players association. It isn't actually a 'league doctor' per se.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At this point I expect nothing from Harvin. Even if he's cleared and practices this week and is active on gameday.
What we expect from him and his inability to even suit up are two different things. If I'm Carroll I wouldn't have him being the live target more than 5-6 times during the game. Just having him out there spreads out the defense and forces the other team to put better coverage on him which frees up the other guys. Throw to him once or twice so they don't see he is a decoy and give him a reverse or two so the LB's don't keep crowding the box and let your guys that have been doing it all year be the ones to move the ball.

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah if Percy does play just hit him on slants or screens NO MORE over the top having passes setting him up to get popped…

SeattleCoug

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tomorrow is the key day for Percy IMO. If he doesnt at least get cleared to practice tomorrow then I doubt he plays. Great news on KJ though.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well Thursday was when I expected to hear about Harvin as it is and he was seeing the doctor late this afternoon so that fits in with those expectations.

Tech_God

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Harvin's availability will be a game day decision. As I heard on the radio (yesterday) Harvin can be acting normal the whole week but a headache or nausia come game day and he will be inactive.

I agree with the previous posters regarding concern for Harvin's long term health. I will not be upset if he is declared inactive.

Logicallylethal

Hoopla Cash
$ 933.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm gonna go into this expecting Harvin not to play. I feel like KJ Wright being back is more crucial to the team anyway.

You guys remember early on in the San Fran game Gore wasn't getting anything on the ground and Vernon Davis wasn't catching anything either. Then KJ went out and Vernon Davis got the td at the end of the half and Frank Gore broke off that big run late in the 4th.

If KJ Wright was out on the field on that Frank Gore run, I don't think that run goes off for that big of a gain.

Our defense is going to win this game for us guys. We are only allowing 10 ppg in our previous 6 games. We had the Saints shut out for 3 quarters! And we really held them to only 8 pts. That last td playing prevent defense and all the garbage yards racked up means nothing. Our defense is playing out of their mind right now and with our full arsenal of guys back on D...we are going to hold San Fran to 10-13 points.

I'm fully confident in our offense being able to score 17-20 pts playing at home and getting good field position

SeattleCoug

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Im leaning towards Harvin not playing as well. Obviously he didnt pass his 1st test or he would have practiced. Since this week had an extra day with playing last Saturday it just doesnt bode well.
I think having KJ out there is huge though because he is one of the guys that could limit Kaep's production outside of the pocket.
I always think 20 is the magic number with this team. Score 20 and it puts us in a good position to win, I think 23 seals it. Whats lost is we were moving the ball pretty well down in SF.

Last edited by a moderator:

octagondd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Im leaning towards Harvin not playing as well. Obviously he didnt pass his 1st test or he would have practiced. Since this week had an extra day with playing last Saturday it just doesnt bode well.
I think having KJ out there is huge though because he is one of the guys that could limit Kaep's production outside of the pocket.
I always think 20 is the magic number with this team. Score 20 and it puts us in a good position to win, I think 23 seals it. Whats lost is we were moving the ball pretty well down in SF.

His test was during practice, so maybe they felt he didn't need to be there today.

I hope he plays, but I'd rather know sooner than later so the team can prepare knowing if he will be there or not.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wrong. The concussion protocol is a series of steps that cannot be completed in one day. It is at the minimum a 3 day series and is more common to go 4 or 5. Each step along the way they are given a bit more to do and evaluated after each step. If they show any signs of problems they go all the way back to the beginning and reset the steps back to zero. There is a baseline they have to be at to even start the steps.

The fact he was seeing a doctor today says he is likely near the final steps. The last phase requires he passes tests by both the team doctor and an approved by the league and players union doctor. We do not know what doctor he was seeing today, but if it was that other league doctor he may be cleared to return tomorrow.

We saw more than one Seahawk with a concussion this year and all of them returned by game time I believe and non practiced again before the Thursday before the game. Today would have been that equivalent because he got injured on a Saturday instead of a Sunday.

SeattleCoug

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I could easily be wrong. Mere speculation on my part. I know Kembrell Tompkins of the Pats suffered a concussion on their Saturday game and came back limited today. Also I think Larry Fitzgerald suffered one the week before we played them a couple weeks back and came back limited on the Wednesday practice. I figured he would have seen a doctor yesterday in order to get cleared to practice in a limited fashion today. But I know every concussion is different so I probably shouldnt base it on that.

Not sure if his migrane history plays a role at all, but like mentioned before tommorrow is the key day.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is exactly what Carroll said today
He’ll see the doctors this afternoon. I won’t have anything updated for you until after that.
That likely means he finished the stages and was ready to get his final testing from both doctors. Of course either could derail him, but there is a chance he is cleared for tomorrow. If he does have a setback at this point there probably isn't enough time to restart the stages and return by Sunday so it's kind of all or nothing tomorrow IMO.