• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Kirk Cousins to Atlanta

Breed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just maybe when they drafted him, they thought they saw high potential from what he already exhibited. Maybe they gave a lot of thought to the teams record and applied to directly to what the QB can offer or has done, they may have figured he was complete.
As I said that school doesn't really produce top-level qbs', they are good there but when they leave?
As Skins fan @gkekoa posted in a thread in the Skins forum. If you used the this college doesn't really produce top-level QBs rationale. Then Peyton Manning n Tom Brady wouldn't have been drafted. Seeing as Brady was a 6th rd pk, it doesn't apply to him quite in the same way as it does Manning. You could reasonably put Bret Favre on the list unless I'm forgetting about great Golden Eagle QBs of yesteryear or any other era. Kirk Cousins is another QB that's done pretty well coming from a school not known for producing QBs. I'm not quite sold on the Texans doing big things next year, but if last season was any indication of how CJ Stroud will turn out. OSU is about to lose its can't produce NFL capable QBs reputation.

Janus

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As Skins fan @gkekoa posted in a thread in the Skins forum. If you used the this college doesn't really produce top-level QBs rationale. Then Peyton Manning n Tom Brady wouldn't have been drafted. Seeing as Brady was a 6th rd pk, it doesn't apply to him quite in the same way as it does Manning. You could reasonably put Bret Favre on the list unless I'm forgetting about great Golden Eagle QBs of yesteryear or any other era. Kirk Cousins is another QB that's done pretty well coming from a school not known for producing QBs. I'm not quite sold on the Texans doing big things next year, but if last season was any indication of how CJ Stroud will turn out. OSU is about to lose its can't produce NFL capable QBs reputation.
It's not what they did in college but rather the coaching there and afterward. The staff has to be able to recognize strengths and weaknesses. Maybe the bears were not the right team, maybe had he gone to the Vikings or Packers or even Miami as a backup and not a projected starter, he would have had time to develop and rid himself of bad habits.
He's not bad, he just needs to get basics from a coach that can teach him, like an Andy Reid type.
In Chicago the team required a lot of attention and he was in that mix but in say New England with a good team, maybe he gets better looks

Breed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's not what they did in college but rather the coaching there and afterward. The staff has to be able to recognize strengths and weaknesses. Maybe the bears were not the right team, maybe had he gone to the Vikings or Packers or even Miami as a backup and not a projected starter, he would have had time to develop and rid himself of bad habits.
He's not bad, he just needs to get basics from a coach that can teach him, like an Andy Reid type.
In Chicago the team required a lot of attention and he was in that mix but in say New England with a good team, maybe he gets better looks
Valid points. Going to a bad team, or worse yet, a dysfunctional team. Can set a QB back years or totally screw him up permanently.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Manning is as much a product of his upbringing if not more than his alma mater, so not a great example IMO.

Breed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Manning is as much a product of his upbringing if not more than his alma mater, so not a great example IMO.
Unless I'm forgetting great QBs in Volunteer lore. Manning is the perfect example.

Duffman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,535.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Unless I'm forgetting great QBs in Volunteer lore. Manning is the perfect example.
Rockies Hall of Fame 1B Todd Helton was the starter at Tennessee before getting hurt leading to Manning taking over.

Breed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rockies Hall of Fame 1B Todd Helton was the starter at Tennessee before getting hurt leading to Manning taking over.
Interesting. Was Helton good enough to play in the NFL?

I was unaware that both Helton n Adrian. Beltre are in the Hall of Fame.

Duffman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,535.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Interesting. Was Helton good enough to play in the NFL?

I was unaware that both Helton n Adrian. Beltre are in the Hall of Fame.
Probably not. After his injury he just focused on baseball.

“Helton appeared in 12 games during his career with the Vols, completing 41 of 75 passes for 484 yards, four touchdowns and three interceptions”