• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Kings are imploding....Again.

ManuForever

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Reports say that Cousins stormed into the locker room after the Kings' loss to the Spurs and cursed out Coach George Karl in front of everyone, and that Karl being let go as coach could happen sometime this week.

Honestly, this is ridiculous. As a massive UK fan, I love Cousins. But he's got to grow up or get on elsewhere. He's so damn talented, but he's been in the league for I don't even know how many years and it seems like his attitude hasn't gotten any better, but worse.

Here's the link to the story, just in case you all want to see for yourselves:
Report: DeMarcus Cousins cursed out George Karl, Kings imploding again - CBSSports.com

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We all pretty much said that the Kings were talented enough to make the playoffs and dysfunctional enough to implode spectacularly.

Looks like they've made their choice.

Cyder

Justin
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Reports say that Cousins stormed into the locker room after the Kings' loss to the Spurs and cursed out Coach George Karl in front of everyone, and that Karl being let go as coach could happen sometime this week.

Honestly, this is ridiculous. As a massive UK fan, I love Cousins. But he's got to grow up or get on elsewhere. He's so damn talented, but he's been in the league for I don't even know how many years and it seems like his attitude hasn't gotten any better, but worse.

Report: DeMarcus Cousins cursed out George Karl, Kings imploding again - CBSSports.com

He's not going to grow up. He's become rich without having to do so and no one can convince someone like this they are wrong. They think being talented means they're right about everything. Maybe if he ended up on a team with a guy like Lebron or an exec like Jackson or Riley who have the track record and success to the point he may listen to them he'd change. Too bad, the guys an immense talent

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Not surprised at all - The Kings should have either cut George Karl or traded Cousins to begin with. When some one has displayed the dislike like Karl did for Cousins - there is no way in hell they could co-exist. I have two siblings who are down right mean - and if they were homeless - They would stay that way if they were to ever come to me.

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have watched them play several times this year. They do have the talent to make the 8th spot, but Cousins has missed a few games and Collison the last 2. Bellenelli and Cousins trump each other on which one can shoot the more worse shot every game. I understand the up tempo flow thing of the new NBA but it is still about taking good shots and playing some form of defense. Koufas and WCS have been solid as has Gay and Rondo. Collison has been great.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This year it is the Sacramento Kings and SF Niners. Next year, it'll be the Phoenix Suns and the Colts ( talking about management, not the quarterback or team). And the next year, it'll be the Grizzlies and Cowboys. Think the Grizzlies are bad now, but I feel that it'll be a while. I just made at the Cowboys, it could be anyone.

Arizona_Sting

GoldMember
Hoopla Cash
$ 811.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This year it is the Sacramento Kings and SF Niners. Next year, it'll be the Phoenix Suns and the Colts ( talking about management, not the quarterback or team). And the next year, it'll be the Grizzlies and Cowboys. Think the Grizzlies are bad now, but I feel that it'll be a while. I just made at the Cowboys, it could be anyone.

?

Bolts

Depressed Sports Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 10,019.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
New year, same results. Probably gonna get another new head coach because the team built to be a playoff contender is failing due to injuries, lack of defense, and other shit. It really sucks to be a Kings fan...

I would say there's still time to come back from the 1-7 start and get in the playoff hunt, but if there's still these problems within the organization there's no reason to believe it'll change.

ManuForever

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Interesting part of all of this is Divac is saying everything is fine.

Bolts

Depressed Sports Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 10,019.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
not trying to sound like a smart-ass, but in all honesty what's he supposed to say...?

i'm guessing all he can do at this point is try to play it off...
That's what I was thinking, no matter how bad a situation might actually be internally you aren't gonna hear coaches, GM's, players, etc coming out and saying how fucked up it is. That'll just add fuel to the fire that he's trying to put out.

Last edited:

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The King never stopped imploding. It's just been one long continuous event since Vivek Ranadive bought the team. Karl will be fired. His days were numbered the second Vivek put Vlade Divac in charge to undermine the GM that liked Karl, which Vivek later fired and put Vlade in his job. They have no long term shot with that management

Bolts

Depressed Sports Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 10,019.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The King never stopped imploding. It's just been one long continuous event since Vivek Ranadive bought the team. Karl will be fired. His days were numbered the second Vivek put Vlade Divac in charge to undermine the GM that liked Karl, which Vivek later fired and put Vlade in his job. They have no long term shot with that management
Unfortunately, I can't disagree with that. The first problem was hiring the coach before the GM, that's what led to Malone being fired. I wasn't a fan of Pete, so I'm not upset that he's gone. But then the new GM(Vlade) is brought in AFTER the coach is hired(2nd time it's happened under Vivek). I actually like the team Vlade put together even with the slow start, but it doesn't change the problems surrounding the team. It's better than having owners that wanna move the team to Seattle, so it's an upgrade!

HurricaneDij39

The Middle of Everywhere: NWI
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This franchise has issues from top to bottom, so I can't say I'm surprised at any sort of implosion. The easiest way out of this is just to trade Boogie - He's been the common denominator even before the new ownership cam in.

HurricaneDij39

The Middle of Everywhere: NWI
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As a part-Nuggets fan, I think this should prove a point that even though Denver has made several bad choices since their 57-win campaign in 2013 - Firing Karl wasn't one of them.

tducey

Sports discussion
Hoopla Cash
$ 46,233.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah the Kings are 1 of those could be so much more teams for sure. Think this is going to be another lost yr. for them.