• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Keys to this week's game?

boltfan72

ex-Charger fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My bad. I guess I still have that one fresh on my mind, but I actually would've thought his stats were better against us the past few years.

You're right. His first two seasons I think he only had 4 or 5 100 yard games and 3 were against Denver. He's not exactly a Bronco killer but he has played solid over his entire career.

The ankle is a concern though.

boltfan72

ex-Charger fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good point about Phillips. He will is surely looking forward to playing his former team and he has had sacks in both games against them this year, yet his production has tailed off the past month or so. As you say, "we need him!" and I agree that he is a good candidate to come up big this week.

Phillips never had a big playoff game for us. He did have a couple of very poorly timed personal foul penalties. There is certainly a reason for him to be pumped as we didn't bring him back, but he's never really responded well in past big games. They'll definitely be leaning on him with Miller gone.

randymon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Phillips never had a big playoff game for us. He did have a couple of very poorly timed personal foul penalties. There is certainly a reason for him to be pumped as we didn't bring him back, but he's never really responded well in past big games. They'll definitely be leaning on him with Miller gone.

Yeah Bolt, I felt like his gm had kinda gone south with SD before Denver pkd him up and really didn`t have to much expectations for him in Denver,but for the most part he`s been a pleasant surprise. Hope he and the rest pk it up a notch and go into game knowing their up against a hot team with alot of confidence right now. Obviously I want a Denver blow out but I think this is going to be one hella game and its going to come down to how well the D plays and special teams for them both. I`am hoping to be stress free middle of 3rd qtr, but I have feeling I`am going to need a case of valium by then more than likely. Here`s to a great game and ( all gms for that matter) and a Bronco win ( sorry Bolt):lol::suds:

boltfan72

ex-Charger fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah Bolt, I felt like his gm had kinda gone south with SD before Denver pkd him up and really didn`t have to much expectations for him in Denver,but for the most part he`s been a pleasant surprise. Hope he and the rest pk it up a notch and go into game knowing their up against a hot team with alot of confidence right now. Obviously I want a Denver blow out but I think this is going to be one hella game and its going to come down to how well the D plays and special teams for them both. I`am hoping to be stress free middle of 3rd qtr, but I have feeling I`am going to need a case of valium by then more than likely. Here`s to a great game and ( all gms for that matter) and a Bronco win ( sorry Bolt):lol::suds:

To be honest if it's a Chargers loss I'd almost prefer a no doubter. I think I've had 3 or 4 minor heart attacks already this year.

Me watching Charger games:

:behindsofa:

randymon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To be honest if it's a Chargers loss I'd almost prefer a no doubter. I think I've had 3 or 4 minor heart attacks already this year.

Me watching Charger games:

:behindsofa:

LOL! You must be alot younger than me Bolt. I think I must of had a hundred with Broncos. I`ve calmed down a bit but my 28 yr old daughter is taking over for me now. The apple sure doesn`t fall far from tree in this case. I have seen to many games where Denver has had big lead at halftime and by 4th qtr I`am freaking out. I`am sure Denver has taken quite a few yrs off my life:gaah:. Good luck Sunday Bolt and I sure hope your congradulating me afterward and no minie strokes for either of us:suds: P.S. I did live in SD from 2yrs old till 7 yrs old. Then of course I went to Colo and became Bronco fan:rollseyes:

MrDoc420

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday......thinking about the game pretty much every other minute, but still muddling through the work week as best I can

Today - Zero focus, no desire to do a damn thing but read hype about the game, and have began the day with serious BG's. Already put in a vaca day on Monday to revel in the victory (Please God!) or be able to absorb and deal with a less desirable outcome (Not even gonna say the word cause it's not gonna happen).

Got my DT jersey yesterday, so I have something new and fresh to be rockin' on Sunday. Just have to get there now :nod:

TDs3nOut

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday......thinking about the game pretty much every other minute, but still muddling through the work week as best I can

Today - Zero focus, no desire to do a damn thing but read hype about the game, and have began the day with serious BG's. Already put in a vaca day on Monday to revel in the victory (Please God!) or be able to absorb and deal with a less desirable outcome (Not even gonna say the word cause it's not gonna happen).

Got my DT jersey yesterday, so I have something new and fresh to be rockin' on Sunday. Just have to get there now :nod:

LOL

Hopefully Monday is a day of revelry for all Broncos fans. :suds:

If we do advance, however, then the cycle begins anew next week!

MrDoc420

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL

Hopefully Monday is a day of revelry for all Broncos fans. :suds:

If we do advance, however, then the cycle begins anew next week!

As much as the anxiety and worry gets to me, I'd gladly do it all over again next week :thumb:

Somebody had stated in another thread - Nerves are way more on edge this year than last. Understandably so.....

boltfan72

ex-Charger fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL! You must be alot younger than me Bolt. I think I must of had a hundred with Broncos. I`ve calmed down a bit but my 28 yr old daughter is taking over for me now. The apple sure doesn`t fall far from tree in this case. I have seen to many games where Denver has had big lead at halftime and by 4th qtr I`am freaking out. I`am sure Denver has taken quite a few yrs off my life:gaah:. Good luck Sunday Bolt and I sure hope your congradulating me afterward and no minie strokes for either of us:suds: P.S. I did live in SD from 2yrs old till 7 yrs old. Then of course I went to Colo and became Bronco fan:rollseyes:

Sounds like I'm younger, but not by a ton. I'm 41. I remember watching a game as a little kid (I believe against Denver), and the Chargers lined up for a game winning FG in overtime. It was blocked and returned for a TD - game over. I was in tears. Ever since then they've been shortening my life expectancy.

I'm a realist. In the playoff pick 'em on this board I had the Bolts beating Cincy and losing in Denver. But while they don't have near as much talent as Denver on the offensive side of the ball, they do match up well. Here's hoping they blow up my bracket!

:hope:

boltfan72

ex-Charger fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As much as the anxiety and worry gets to me, I'd gladly do it all over again next week :thumb:

Somebody had stated in another thread - Nerves are way more on edge this year than last. Understandably so.....

Being nervous is much better than talking draft though, regardless of outcome.