• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Keys to Beating Rodgers and the Pack

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Offensively: We must start FAST! This is something this offense has struggled with, under both QB's. This offense cannot afford to come out and start slow. They need to control the ball, control the clock, and keep Rodgers on the sideline. After the disaster last week, no confidence booster is as good as going down the field on your first drive for a touchdown. TAKE CONTROL OF THE GAME.

Oh, and take the ball this time on the god damned coin toss, Trestman. I like the call when you have a defense that can stop someone, but on the flip side, nothing would be more demoralizing than GB going down on the first possession for six.

They HAVE to run the ball successfully, and I believe they will be able to against this Green Bay front. Run, run, and run some more. Controlling the clock and the pace of the game is key. Keep Rodgers in that big jacket on the sidelines by the heaters.

The obvious one... limit the mistakes. No turnovers, and no penalties. Our defense will be generous enough to Rodgers and co. This offense can't afford to also be handing Green Bay late Christmas presents. The penalties have to stop Sunday.

FINISH YOUR DRIVES... Field Goals will NOT win this game. Another thing this offense hasn't done too well. Outside of the Dallas and Cleveland game. This offense has moved the ball A LOT into opponents territory and then seen drives stall. That can't happen Sunday. We need all of the points we can get. I'd really like to see Trestman play this game extremely aggressively. Go for it on 4th downs, try a surprise onside, etc...

We'll see how the game goes the first few possessions, but I think this offense will likely have to get to 20 points by the half to put themselves in a position to win.

DEFENSE: This unit has nothing to lose, really. Be aggressive. Let loose some of those "exotic blitz packages" we heard Mel Tucker was going to bring prior to the season. Pressure/Hit Rodgers early. Don't let him get comfortable too early on. A good hard CLEAN hit to the chest early on, could make him start thinking about his injury. Which bodes well for us.

Jennings, Bowman... try to make something happen. Jump some routes, go for the strip... play aggressive. It's going to be very difficult for this defense to force many punts. What do you have to lose?

Conte, Wright... just... try not too embarrass yourselves. Don't get beat deep.

Briggs was awful last week, but I expect him to get back into the swing of things a bit Sunday. Which should help the run support a bit. And by god, I know it's too much to ask... but Jon Bostic, can you please read your keys correctly and get in the right gap!?

This defense is obviously going to get beat around a bit, but I think if they can make a play or two to set up this offense, this team can really swing the game in it's favor.

SPECIAL TEAMS: Devin Hester may very well be the X-Factor in this one. A good day in returns, or even a return TD could be another thing that could swing this game our way. I swear, if Devin fair catches another ball with no defenders within ten yards of him, I'm going to jump out of the stands and tackle him myself.

Green Bay has been solid in SPT's this year, and we faltered a bit on coverage, but we're still pretty solid. A big return, a blocked punt/FG, etc... for either team could be a huge factor in determining the outcome of this game.

I'll take the Pack in this one. However, I think this is a game that we can definitely win if a few things go our way.

Anything I'm missing?

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Key to this game is Forte. We need to run and controlled the ball. Keep AR off the field? Naw keep our Def off the field is more important. It,s time to go all out and blitz blitz blitz. Make GB wish they sat AR. I don't wanna see AR hurt, but you have to go after any weakness you can with a guy that good. I can't see us winning any game against any team right now. We are a hot mess.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What does Cutler have to do with it. Our O will be fine. No problem there.

Beengay fudgepackers

Packin since 1919
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Defense: flatten Aaron Rodgers and pulverize his shoulder again.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Key to this game is Forte. We need to run and controlled the ball. Keep AR off the field? Naw keep our Def off the field is more important. It,s time to go all out and blitz blitz blitz. Make GB wish they sat AR. I don't wanna see AR hurt, but you have to go after any weakness you can with a guy that good. I can't see us winning any game against any team right now. We are a hot mess.

Yeah, but in the NFL, you're never as good as you think you are. You're never as bad either.

I'm certainly not picking this team, but I don't know how Rodgers is feeling. We should get a good feel for that early on. I believe if the offense comes to play, the Bears can definitely pull this one out at home.

Forecast calls for temps falling throughout the day from upper 20's to teens. Windy with a bitter wind chill. 50% chance of snow. Sounds like a Bears/Pack matchup to me. I'll be there. I'm counting down the hours!

I'm going in with no expectations. Only good things can happen :suds:

C

cubzzzfanincali

I realize the "book" says don't blitz Rodgers....but in this case, I want to see the Bears blitz him like crazy. The Bears defense is awful....beating GB the old fashioned way will not work. We need turnovers, and we need surprise stops. They are going to make plays and score points. We just need to score more. I want to see safeties coming, corners coming, bring two guys, do it every play. Bring the heat. Give up some long plays, but make him scared he is going to re-break that bone. Our defense really has no other angle in this one.

Our best hope is that Rodgers is a tad rusty and doesn't react as calmly as the machine Rodgers is. If he isn't rusty, we are going down.

pumpkinhead33793

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree with pressuring Rodgers and hoping for turnovers and or mistakes. You just gotta hope that with being out for almost2 months that he is not as accurate as he normally is if he has to throw a quick hot read pass due to the blitz.

On another note, I wonder if Rodgers has practiced outdoors yet since the injury. I know they normally practice in that idiotic dome of theirs right next to their stadium. It is supposed to be mid 20s and flurries so hopefully he has some grip issues.

Offense can't have any turnovers or 3 and outs in our own end. Podlesh punting from our own 20 is basically almost in FG range for them and then 3 plays later and it could be a TD for them.

Getting out of the gate fast is HUGE because I feel like the Bears start to panic when they are behind early and the offense starts to play like shit; especially with Cutler in this regard.

I have no idea why, but I have a feeling that we win this game. Everyone is picking the Packers now that Rodgers is back. But we are at home where we are 5-2 and sometimes when you get blown out the week before, you come back and play your A game. The NFL is weird like that.

pumpkinhead33793

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I want to add, I am more worried about the emotional lift that Rodgers has on his teammates more than I am about Rodgers actually returning. I will be pissed if that defense of theirs plays out of their ass on Sunday.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree with pressuring Rodgers and hoping for turnovers and or mistakes. You just gotta hope that with being out for almost2 months that he is not as accurate as he normally is if he has to throw a quick hot read pass due to the blitz.

On another note, I wonder if Rodgers has practiced outdoors yet since the injury. I know they normally practice in that idiotic dome of theirs right next to their stadium. It is supposed to be mid 20s and flurries so hopefully he has some grip issues.

Offense can't have any turnovers or 3 and outs in our own end. Podlesh punting from our own 20 is basically almost in FG range for them and then 3 plays later and it could be a TD for them.

Getting out of the gate fast is HUGE because I feel like the Bears start to panic when they are behind early and the offense starts to play like shit; especially with Cutler in this regard.

I have no idea why, but I have a feeling that we win this game. Everyone is picking the Packers now that Rodgers is back. But we are at home where we are 5-2 and sometimes when you get blown out the week before, you come back and play your A game. The NFL is weird like that.

I absolutely 100% agree with this. Which is why I really want to pick the Bears. I have a feeling they're going to win. Just something tells me that. It's kind of like you say. The NFL is weird... and if you watch it long enough, you kind of start to pickup on those weird trends. Like how everyone picked Dallas against us after the Minnesota disaster, and I just somehow knew they'd pull that game out.

So, I'm officially picking the Pack, because with Rodgers and Cobb. They're just better on paper, IMO. However, I do have a feeling in my gut telling me otherwise. This team is tough at home. Played New Orleans tough, and the only other loss was kind of a flukey one to Detroit. Cutler hobbling on one leg, Trestman leaves him in. Two TD's in one possession, both called back on a challenge and an irrelevant hold. End up with three points on the drive. Just one of those where nothing was going your way.

I think it will be a good game. As long as we don't come out sleepwalking again, which I can't see us doing two weeks in a row in games of this magnitude. At home, versus our rival.

antone112

who gives a fuck
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,290.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Play much better than we have all year would be the key.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Play much better than we have all year would be the key.

Well... lol... I think every team would like to do that.

I think if this teams plays like it did versus Dallas, we absolutely win. Offense plays a great game, and the D gets a few key stops when we need them. Bending but not breaking.

North of Patagonia / South of Iguazu Falls
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I want to add, I am more worried about the emotional lift that Rodgers has on his teammates more than I am about Rodgers actually returning. I will be pissed if that defense of theirs plays out of their ass on Sunday.

Actually this is only chance I give Packers to win... our defense is so poor and now without Clay I could see Bears easily putting up 40+ points unless Packers defense plays inspired (which would be a first since Rodgers injury).

Packers offense even with Flynn was playing fine enough (other than Lions game) to win games, but defense offered little/no help.

Considering game is in Chicago, I think Bears win close, emotional and exciting game as Packers cannot stop Bears offense when needed in 4th qtr... unless for some reason Packers defense plays inspired Sunday.

Bears 41 Packers 37

LucklessPadresFan

Creedence Fanatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Evidently Lacey will not be at full speed for the Packers, so that might be of some help to the Bears.

wood20ks

Staff member
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,227.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The key to winning this game.................:

Cutler needs to show up...........period!

We know our defense is horrendous They have not stopped anyone this season.So we all know what to expect in that aspect of the game.
Cutler on the other hand has a lot to gain by this game:
1.This is for the playoffs.
2.Revenge factor for the championship game he gave up on.
3.Playing for a contract.
4.Show up and beat a team you been atrocious against.
5.Beat a playoff worthy team.

We played a playoff team vs the Eagles last weekend and had our asses handed to us.Our offense was no where to be found and thats our best option?

Cmon Jay,get your ass out there and play like a man possessed................You are the KEY!!!!

anotheridiot

There will always be someone to blame......
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anything I'm missing?

Bostic read your keys? Really? All three linebackers are moving with the linemen and the backs are cutting into the holes. That is just not bostic, thats anderson being pummelled and running into the back of the double teamed defensive end. What ever happened to the linebackers filling the gaps, not following the flow of the blocks? This happens to the 8th man in the box, all three linebackers and any cb's that are in the area. You cannot blame bostic if everyone is doing it, it has to be how they are coached.

Mel tucker ran the 31st defense in the league last season, barely better now. Let the line flow, the backers need to fill the holes. I cant believe they all went stupid, its the scheme.

anotheridiot

There will always be someone to blame......
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Evidently Lacey will not be at full speed for the Packers, so that might be of some help to the Bears.

Right, but Jordie Nelson was not targets as much without Rodgers. He is gonna have a huge game. Its gonna be a long day, if the defense can score we have a chance. We will see how rusty rodgers is, I say he shakes off the rust in the first quarter and dominates the rest of the game and picks these safeties apart.

It would be great to knock the packers out of the playoffs, but either team is one and done with no defense.