• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Kevin Love Back to Cle Official

Hornsstampede2.0

Guy Who Never Responds
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Love is a fine addition. They need him and he fits in. That is a good solid (A-) type of deal.

The Thompson deal is god awful bad. That one will cripple the franchise's ability to do anything.

Literally the best the Cavs can hope for is that the expected new deal makes it go from an D- deal to a C+ deal.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Love is a fine addition. They need him and he fits in. That is a good solid (A-) type of deal.

The Thompson deal is god awful bad. That one will cripple the franchise's ability to do anything.

Literally the best the Cavs can hope for is that the expected new deal makes it go from an D- deal to a C+ deal.

Yeah, I thought 15 was too high even with the cap going up 13/year is about good, but 20. Hopefully they can overcome it and still fill out the roster

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Simply Amazing

Love and Kyrie both signed max deals and will be Cavs for the long haul- at cap numbers that will seem very friendly in the upcoming years.

great job Griff, Dan and of course LBJ

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I feel good about a core of LeBron/Kyrie/Love/Tristan for the next 5 years. It is going to be a great ride and a lot of fun- and as I have said before- that Cavs window is wide open-

no storm window....no screen even....100% premium Pella WIDE OPEN!!!!!!!

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I feel good about a core of LeBron/Kyrie/Love/Tristan for the next 5 years. It is going to be a great ride and a lot of fun- and as I have said before- that Cavs window is wide open-

no storm window....no screen even....100% premium Pella WIDE OPEN!!!!!!!

Lebron in 5 years...
And you are about a year away from needing hurricane shutters once you fail again next year.

upload_2015-7-1_17-0-29.jpeg

OregonDucks

Oregon Is Faster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LeBron be like, "Oh thank God I don't have to go through selling and buying a house again. Interest rates continue to increase, butttt I kinda wanted out?"

070114_lbjha.jpg

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just cannot believe the Cavs got Love for that 5 year deal at current max prices. I mean that is a freaking steal. Guys that REALLY dont deserve it are going to be getting bigger deals in a year or two.

To lock Love at about 22 a year and Kyrie at about 16-17M a year is just really great- compared to where the cap and tax line is going- those are very solid deals that will be under-market deals fairly quickly.

lol...I still cant believe this and have to pinch myself sometimes.

last year we werent sure exactly what Kyrie was doing- some thinking he might just take the 3 year max and try and head outta town

NOw?

Kyrie and Love just each signed big time long term deals, and LBJ is going NOWHERE. Its going to be a treat to watch those 3 grow and play together the next 5 or so years. Truly unbelievable.

OregonDucks

Oregon Is Faster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He needs that amount of money for his medical bills on his knees.

Beengay fudgepackers

Packin since 1919
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Love is a glorified Boozer. The only difference is Boozer doesn't shoot threes. Love on the Cavs will just score the points that Thompson provided at the 4 plus he'll take a few that Kyrie and Lebron would originally score without him. He will do all of that while playing terrible defense. I honestly think the Cavs were better off without him because Love will never be good on defense and they already have the firepower necessary without him. Love is redundant on that team.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Love is a glorified Boozer. The only difference is Boozer doesn't shoot threes. Love on the Cavs will just score the points that Thompson provided at the 4 plus he'll take a few that Kyrie and Lebron would originally score without him. He will do all of that while playing terrible defense. I honestly think the Cavs were better off without him because Love will never be good on defense and they already have the firepower necessary without him. Love is redundant on that team.

They dont need him for defense, people act like he is terrible at defending. He is just average, but a great rebounder and passer and shooter. He is a bargain at that price considering how the cap is rising. Players that dont have half the talent then him are getting 15 mil.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They dont need him for defense, people act like he is terrible at defending. He is just average, but a great rebounder and passer and shooter. He is a bargain at that price considering how the cap is rising. Players that dont have half the talent then him are getting 15 mil.

No. He's terrible, hence all the benchings in crunch time.
It boiled down to they felt they could create offense elsewhere, but couldn't depend on him to help make stops.

And, it's hard to turn down 110M.
If that doesn't set you up long term, I doubt another 20M will either.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I read Clevelands best defensive lineup last season had a front court of Mozgov and Love.

Love is never going to make an all defensive team- but he does not have to when you have Mozgov and Thompson and Varejao as your other 3 bigs- all who are above average on the defensive end.

I just am so glad it worked out this way.

The Cavs gambled when they traded for Love. They could have survived him leaving but it would have been a big blow to their overall talent level.

I just cant believe they just signed 26 year old Kevin Love to a 5 year contract- and have him with a 23 year old Kyrie Irving who's own 5 year contract does not kick in till this year---- and Thompson with his 5 year contract at what is supposedly 5 years 80 million .....and of course LBJ is going no where with this kind of talent beside him and this owner who is not afraid to pay the luxury tax unlike the last owner who piddled his pants when asked to pay significant luxury tax penalties.

So glad that got done. If Love walked there is no two ways around the fact that the Wiggins deal would have been a pretty big Fup. Now- with Love in the fold for the foreseeable future- the Cavs can really settle in- and work around getting the rest of the roster set.

I think Shumpert is the next priority- all though- supposedly he wants like 12 million a year now that guys like Aminu and Amir Johnson got 12 a year.....

seriously- if Toronto wants cap space go and steal Ross from them ....take Ross and another crappy contract to let them open up their cap room. Ross would be an amazing get--- can fnish in transition, can shoot the 3, can play some D.....

seriously though- if the Cavs do get a significant piece of salary and player for Haywood- that means the freaking money owed is going to be through the freaking roof!! loll.......thank good ness for an owner like Dan who wants to win like this.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought he'd stay but I'm surprised he took a 5 year instead of a deal with an opt out. Quite frankly I'm surprised that hardly anyone has taken the shorter deals. They're all signing long term deals and just taking the guaranteed money instead of rolling the dice for a larger payout in 2016 and 2017

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just cannot believe the Cavs got Love for that 5 year deal at current max prices. I mean that is a freaking steal. Guys that REALLY dont deserve it are going to be getting bigger deals in a year or two.

To lock Love at about 22 a year and Kyrie at about 16-17M a year is just really great- compared to where the cap and tax line is going- those are very solid deals that will be under-market deals fairly quickly.

lol...I still cant believe this and have to pinch myself sometimes.

last year we werent sure exactly what Kyrie was doing- some thinking he might just take the 3 year max and try and head outta town

NOw?

Kyrie and Love just each signed big time long term deals, and LBJ is going NOWHERE. Its going to be a treat to watch those 3 grow and play together the next 5 or so years. Truly unbelievable.

It really doesn't matter what Love's deal is when you factor in Kyrie's contract now kicked in, along with what TT and Shumpert are getting. Don't forget, Lebron's going to get the max this year (around $23-$25 mil). Once the new cap kicks in, Lebron will likely get the max over $30 mil per year. So once again, yes, getting Love was great for the Cavs. But don't make it seem like his deal gives the Cavs so much flexibility. The only thing it guarantees is that Gilbert doesn't have to pay as much (and it's not that much of a difference because he'll still be spending well into the tax). You still have little to no wiggle room to add any other free agents.

OregonDucks

Oregon Is Faster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With what Cleveland is paying Love, Kyrie, LeBron, and TT that is your Cleveland Cavaliers team for the lasting future...you better hope Kyrie and Love get and stay healthy. Cavs are banking A LOT in those 4.