• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Kevin Durant says he's staying in OKC

Wishbone

Robust Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kevin Durant says hed love to stay with Thunder his entire career, wants his jersey retired in OKC | ProBasketballTalk

“I love it here, man. I love my teammates, I love the city, I don’t really think about anywhere else,” Durant told Revolt TV in a recent interview. “I hear it all the time, don’t get me wrong, and once you hear it you’re kind of like [looks up, thinking]. But for me, I love staying in the moment, and I’m one of those guys that would love to stick it out with one team my whole career.

“Kobe [Bryant], Tim Duncan, Dirk Nowitzki type. That’s awesome,” he said. “But you never know what the future holds sometimes and how teams may feel about you after a while, but I love it here and I would love to get my jersey retired here.”

Lakers+USC=#1

Fuck CBS
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lol, nice try on the tittle of the thread.

Hornsstampede2.0

Guy Who Never Responds
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It is good pre-emptive contract and PR statement.

A foot injury is no joke. The same injury ended Yao Ming and Bill Walton famously.
It is possible he might never be the same....or equally possible to recover fully in 6 months or so.

This keeps the Thunder ready for pressure to pay him in case it is slower/worse than expected recovery. They would look horrible now if they tried to lowball any contracts.

But, it really doesn't prevent him from leaving in reverse. He purposely worded an out clause.
He just made a tough decision harder for the Thunder while making sure he gets PAID even if his foot's fucked.

well done sir

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I missed anywhere in that interview where he said he was staying.

He said he loves it there. He said he loves staying in the moment. He said he would love to be someone who spends their career in one place. He also said (implicitly) that he thinks about leaving.

Never said he was staying.

RazorsEdge

Go Local Sports Team
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,626.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kevin Durant says hed love to stay with Thunder his entire career, wants his jersey retired in OKC | ProBasketballTalk

“I love it here, man. I love my teammates, I love the city, I don’t really think about anywhere else,” Durant told Revolt TV in a recent interview. “I hear it all the time, don’t get me wrong, and once you hear it you’re kind of like [looks up, thinking]. But for me, I love staying in the moment, and I’m one of those guys that would love to stick it out with one team my whole career.

“Kobe [Bryant], Tim Duncan, Dirk Nowitzki type. That’s awesome,” he said. “But you never know what the future holds sometimes and how teams may feel about you after a while, but I love it here and I would love to get my jersey retired here.”

Yea man, unfortunately this means a whole lotta nothing.

podsox

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
my question is will we every see the old kd again

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
my question is will we every see the old kd again

I hope so. If not... we're going to start hearing about the MVP curse.

Curry, Harden, and Westbrook better watch their back.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I missed anywhere in that interview where he said he was staying.

He said he loves it there. He said he loves staying in the moment. He said he would love to be someone who spends their career in one place. He also said (implicitly) that he thinks about leaving.

Never said he was staying.

And they pretty much never do. I always laugh when people post things like this as if it means something. One of the dumbest things these guys can do would be to paint themselves into a corner by making a definitive statement about what they intend to do before they have to.

tducey

Sports discussion
Hoopla Cash
$ 46,233.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Interesting to hear this especially with all the speculation surrounding him.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Point of emphasis

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 141,750.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Or maybe the guy is just being honest, like he is every time he opens his mouth. Dude is a throwback, so lucky to have him in our city and he knows he is lucky to be in a situation that fits him so well.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Or maybe the guy is just being honest, like he is every time he opens his mouth. Dude is a throwback, so lucky to have him in our city and he knows he is lucky to be in a situation that fits him so well.

I'm sure that he is being truthful. However, he didn't say that he was staying as was implied in the thread title. I have zero doubt in my mind that he loves his teammates, the city, the fans, etc., etc. But he is also going to want to win titles at some point and if he decides he just can't get that done in OKC, he'll be gone. If he does win a title, then I think he'll finish his career in OKC.

Imo, he's coming to a Kevin Garnett type crossroads in his career. All of the things KD said about OKC, is how Garnett felt about Minnesota. He gave them everything he had, but they just couldn't get a title so he left for Boston with the blessing of the team and fanbase and got his ring.

He may decide to stay in OKC for one more max deal, but if they don't get a title, you can probably expect him to be traded towards the end of his next deal or leave via FA when it's up.

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 141,750.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just don't see how he will ever have more help anywhere than he has now after the trades. It's all about getting healthy in OKC, the rest will take care of itdelf.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just don't see how he will ever have more help anywhere than he has now after the trades. It's all about getting healthy in OKC, the rest will take care of itdelf.
Kanter has been a great addition.....If they were healthy i would pick them to come out of the West I know that....

If next year they are healthy with Durant and RW...Ibaka, Adams, Kanter in the frontcourt- i love that team- Collison is a great role player.....If Durant comes back healthy next year you can book it right now- they are my favorite to get out of the West.

Wishbone

Robust Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah next years line up of KD, Westbrook, Ibaka, Adams, and Kanter looks scary. Then off the bench you have Waiters, Roberson, Morrow, McGary, and Collison. Deep deep deep.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

It's all going to be about whether or not they can put it all together before he becomes an FA and what happens with Westbrook.

If memory serves, Westbrook will be an FA 1 season earlier than KD. Rumors have already started about Love coming to the Lakers and Westbrook following him the next season (not that I'm buying that one). IF (big if), that were to happen, then I could easily see KD leaving for potentially greener pastures while OKC is left to start over.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah next years line up of KD, Westbrook, Ibaka, Adams, and Kanter looks scary. Then off the bench you have Waiters, Roberson, Morrow, McGary, and Collison. Deep deep deep.

If that lineup stays healthy, they should be among the favorites to win it.

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 141,750.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's all going to be about whether or not they can put it all together before he becomes an FA and what happens with Westbrook.

If memory serves, Westbrook will be an FA 1 season earlier than KD. Rumors have already started about Love coming to the Lakers and Westbrook following him the next season (not that I'm buying that one). IF (big if), that were to happen, then I could easily see KD leaving for potentially greener pastures while OKC is left to start over.
No westbrook is under contract another year after KD. If they come to camp healthy next year I believe they are a favorite like the league hasn't seen in a while.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No westbrook is under contract another year after KD. If they come to camp healthy next year I believe they are a favorite like the league hasn't seen in a while.

Okay. I knew one was up before the other, but couldn't remember which. I agree, if you guys get everyone back healthy, OKC will be the favorite next year. I'm hoping they do. They are soooo much fun to watch when they have everybody.

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 141,750.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Everyone holding their breath on KD right now, this last surgery was a scary one. I'd say at this point it won't ever bother him again or he is done, scary stuff.