• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Kentucky won't win it all

Cincyfan78

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
UK had several close calls this season, and I'm sure that quite a few of them remember losing to UConn last year in the finals.

I don't even think a team like Nova can do it. They lack size. Same with N.D. Both can shoot the lights out, but when you can't match up with them inside, and UK slows the game down, and you can't get a rebound...it tightens things up a bit for those teams. I just don't see it.

I think Wisky is the best overall matchup for UK, but they lack the depth. UK can run 2-3-4 guys out at their best player and not worry about fouls. Their depth, quaility depth at that, is what keeps them from losing. Their second 5 could probably beat 40 of the teams in the field alone.

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I always though it'd be cool if the NCAA tournament went to 3-game series in the Final Four.

This year... that would almost guarantee Kentucky wins it all. I still like the idea, in general... but this year I'm glad there's a legit shot at someone beating them.

Irish7478

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I always though it'd be cool if the NCAA tournament went to 3-game series in the Final Four.

This year... that would almost guarantee Kentucky wins it all. I still like the idea, in general... but this year I'm glad there's a legit shot at someone beating them.

I disagree, the best thing about the college game is that any team can have an off night and lose it. Villanova versus Georgetown and NC State versus Houston were two of the best game I saw. Neither would win in a three game series.

Beengay fudgepackers

Packin since 1919
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

That would COMPLETELY ruin the tourney.

And the OP is crazy. I say UK has a 75% chance of winning. The thing with uk is that no matter what happens with their offense, their length and athleticism on defense is going to disrupt anyone's shooting. Having a 6'6 to 6'10 guy contesting your three point shot is a lot different than a 6' guy. Not to mention that nobody is going to score in the paint on them.

TrollyMcTroller

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I've been saying that for years now. I know sometimes that means some big bad "Yankees" type team is going it win it more often, but isn't that sorta the idea of crowning a champion? Isn't is supposed to go to the best team?

Every year they make it more of a crapshoot. When a team considered one of the best does win it, it seems all that more special, but when a team that everyone knows wasn't even close to the best (I'm looking at you, UConn) it seems like it was all for naught.

Upsets are great... in the first few rounds. After that I'd much rather watch the big boys fight it out.

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've been saying that for years now. I know sometimes that means some big bad "Yankees" type team is going it win it more often, but isn't that sorta the idea of crowning a champion? Isn't is supposed to go to the best team?

Every year they make it more of a crapshoot. When a team considered one of the best does win it, it seems all that more special, but when a team that everyone knows wasn't even close to the best (I'm looking at you, UConn) it seems like it was all for naught.

Upsets are great... in the first few rounds. After that I'd much rather watch the big boys fight it out.

Exactly my thoughts. The best team is more likely to win.

And you still get the crap-shoot for the first 4 rounds... so I don't think it would ruin anything. 4 rounds of crazy one and done madness... then 3 series' of "lets crown the best FF team".

Texas Jefe

Come and take it
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,600.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Got Arizona winning it, in my first bracket.

pumpkinhead33793

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Would anyone pay 100 dollars to see Kentucky lose to Manhattan or Hampton?

BearDownUA

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
not worth a whole new thread:

playing a fantasy bracket pool, and taking two players off UK. I'm trying to decide between Booker and WCS (already taking Aaron Harrison). Booker averages slightly more PPG but WCS might be leaned on more due to his experience. I can only take one of the two, who would you all roll with?

TrollyMcTroller

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
not worth a whole new thread:

playing a fantasy bracket pool, and taking two players off UK. I'm trying to decide between Booker and WCS (already taking Aaron Harrison). Booker averages slightly more PPG but WCS might be leaned on more due to his experience. I can only take one of the two, who would you all roll with?

WCS is going to get more PT but Booker will still score more.

Arizona_Sting

GoldMember
Hoopla Cash
$ 811.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the championship should be best of 3. That would be fun, idk about the FF though. That could drag it out a bit.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The University of White is the best team in the country. I say white as a joke becuz they have more white guys than anyone it seems , I'm not a racist! Anyway , Kentucky has not been tested and they're gonna fold as soon as they play a real team in the tourney. They will not win this , it comes down to Wisc. and Az. - I used to think it was Wisc. and UVA but UVA is not playing well and could be gone soon. Much fun ahead.
The Badgers couldn't beat UK last year....when Willie was hurt. The Cat's D would break them down like a shotgun

OregonDucks

Oregon Is Faster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I do not trust Villanova at all coke tourney time.

TangoBlue

I'd cabeceo that cutie!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For having a very good regular season record, Jay Wright has to have one of the worst NCAA tournament records.

It's hard for me to get behind Nova in March.

This is the year of the cat though.

superballs

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The only team I see beating UK early would be ND. They have a real chance of doing it. Other than that, if Zona gets to Final Four, they could do it as well. No one on the other side could come close, aside from Duke or UVA, if they make it that far. I would like to see history made tho. 40-0 would be something to see.

lilchi721

Hoopla Cash
$ 20,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I got Duke beating Kentucky this year in the championship game, unless they bow out early.