• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Ken Giles-Future closer.

northeastphillyguy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Phillies have more motivation to trade Paps during the off season. Giles has put up impressive numbers on a consistent basis. Even if the Phillies have to eat about 5 or 6 million a year of paps salary that would still free up money to be used toward finding another starter next year. Giles is the future so it makes sense to me. Paps has done a great job for us but we have a chance to go young and use the extra money to fill other needs.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He pitched three innings last evening and was pretty darn good. IDK about trading Papelbon. There was some interest but I think idiot boy snuffed out any transactions by over-demanding return players and/or picks combinations. Papelbon maybe around for awhile.

SoShady

QB Factory
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think they always had motivation to trade Paps. But you need a dance partner to get something done. Unless Amaro was asking for way to much. Which seemed to be the word coming out around the deadline. Either way Amaro is in way over his head.

northeastphillyguy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think they always had motivation to trade Paps. But you need a dance partner to get something done. Unless Amaro was asking for way to much. Which seemed to be the word coming out around the deadline. Either way Amaro is in way over his head.

So what else is new? Regardless of this situation the Phillies need to free up money so they can add at least 2 starting pitchers next year. Amaro will be forced to make some moves. IMO.

SoShady

QB Factory
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So what else is new? Regardless of this situation the Phillies need to free up money so they can add at least 2 starting pitchers next year. Amaro will be forced to make some moves. IMO.

Which should terrify every Phillies fan. Amaro backed into a corner turns into deals for the likes of AJ Burnett.... :what:

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If clearing money is the aim, then go with getting rid of people like Retardo and K. Kendricks and let Burnett retire. That should free up some cash. But SoShady is spot on. Braindead backed into a corner is a cluster eff job waiting to happen.