• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Keeper league trade

Arizona_Sting

GoldMember
Hoopla Cash
$ 811.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Traded Cano and Lincecum for Kipnis, Kazmir & Archer. I like Kipnis as a keeper more than a 31 year old Cano that plays half of his games at Safeco. My keepers are now: Posey, Kipnis, Longo, Puig, Cespedes & one of Frazier/Wacha/Fernandez.

Plus, my rotation needed a boost so I feel pretty good about this deal. Thoughts?

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good deal all the way. Both pitchers you got are better than Lincecum, and I agree that I would rather have Kipnis over Cano in a keeper.

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good deal all the way. Both pitchers you got are better than Lincecum, and I agree that I would rather have Kipnis over Cano in a keeper.

depends on the keeper style though... If all keepers are equal, then i would rather have cano... But if they are kept the same round drafted previous year then i agree...

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One suggestion though:

I don't think Posey is a keeper for you, at least not a definite one. He is likely to move away from the C position next year, so I would keep both pitchers over him unless something changes between now and next March.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
depends on the keeper style though... If all keepers are equal, then i would rather have cano... But if they are kept the same round drafted previous year then i agree...

Assuming no restrictions and given Cano's power outage this year, Kipnis has a much larger window of being a fantasy stud.

Arizona_Sting

GoldMember
Hoopla Cash
$ 811.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One suggestion though:

I don't think Posey is a keeper for you, at least not a definite one. He is likely to move away from the C position next year, so I would keep both pitchers over him unless something changes between now and next March.

He's catching enough games to still have catcher eligibility next year though, right? I know he'll probably lose it for sure the next year, but if he keeps both positions for another year I'll probably keep him. Fernandez is a risk, too... not sure I want to keep someone that'll miss a month or two next year.

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Assuming no restrictions and given Cano's power outage this year, Kipnis has a much larger window of being a fantasy stud.

power outage, but is still elite in RBIs, BA, and pretty damn good in OBP... even with his power outage he is still the best player in this deal... So depending on the keeper rules, i would not make this trade...

i am not high on the pitchers even thought they are better than lincecum... Most likely it is a very good trade, but i can see scenarios where this would be a bad trade...

really all depends on how many teams and what the keeper rules are...

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
power outage, but is still elite in RBIs, BA, and pretty damn good in OBP... even with his power outage he is still the best player in this deal... So depending on the keeper rules, i would not make this trade...

i am not high on the pitchers even thought they are better than lincecum... Most likely it is a very good trade, but i can see scenarios where this would be a bad trade...

really all depends on how many teams and what the keeper rules are...

I think you can make a case on either side. I would still take Cano for the next two years, but at some point it will get pretty one sided in Kipnis' favor. Again, this is just assuming that you keep X number of guys with no restrictions.

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This trade is an easy yes. And this is coming from someone not on the Kipnis train. Archer might be the X factor here and you might be keeping him come September. I would keep Wacha, JF and Archer over Posey and Cespedes.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's catching enough games to still have catcher eligibility next year though, right? I know he'll probably lose it for sure the next year, but if he keeps both positions for another year I'll probably keep him. Fernandez is a risk, too... not sure I want to keep someone that'll miss a month or two next year.

Fernandez might actually be your BEST keeper, whether or not he misses time.

He might not be top form til the end of '15, but I think it would be very unwise to give up the next 10 years because he might miss 2 months.

As for Posey, he will surely be catcher eligible next year, but Wacha has more appeal IMO for the same reasons that you prefer Kipnis over Cano. These are forward looking moves. Posey is somewhat overrated anyway, even as a catcher.