• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Kary Vincent

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
“K-CINCO” ⬇️ || LSU DB Kary Vincent Jr. 2019 Highlights ᴴᴰ - YouTube

I wasn't aware of Kary Vincent until yesterday. I think he opted out of the 2020 season. These highlights were from 2019 - when he played a free safety role. Like you guys I've seen a lot of highlight film, but this piece really stands out to me. Vincent is one of the fastest guys in the draft, but you can see he enjoys the game, he is a real football player, he brings it when it hits people and he's a ballhawk. I'm excited the Broncos got this guy so late in the draft - he's something.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He did opt out. A guy I think could have really helped his development not opting out but a great flyer. Has a ways to go in development but the kind if prospect you look for in rd 7.

nflbronco

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He'll take over for Callahan in 22

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hmmmm. Not sure on that. But that would be nice. I feel he is similar to our Taurean Nixon pick a few years back with the speed but underdeveloped probably a little further ahead of Nixon coming out though. I liked Syd’Quan Thompson in rd 7 and he did well then tore his ACL and never fully got back after that. I am thinking we figure Dawson and Bassey may start season on PUP.

PumpFake

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Springster, thanks for posting all these during the draft!

31. KARY VINCENT JR. | LSU 5096 | 185 lbs. | SR. Houston, Texas (Port Arthur Memorial) 2/27/1999 (age 22.17) #5
BACKGROUND: Kary Vincent Jr. was born in Port Arthur (90 miles east of Houston on the Texas-Louisiana border), but grew up in the west Houston suburb of Alief with his mother (Montrelle Shedric). He discovered his football and track talents in elementary school and his parents decided he should return to Port Arthur and live with his father (Kary Sr.) to develop his athletic talents. Vincent attended Memorial High School and played on both sides of the ball. After 51 tackles and five interceptions as a junior, he recorded 14 passes defended and seven interceptions (three returned for scores) as a senior, adding three touchdowns on offense. Vincent also had a decorated track career at Memorial, winning state titles as both a junior and senior in the 200 meters. After running a 21.09 at the 2016 6A track and field championships, he posted a 20.71 as a senior at the 2017 track and field championships, which ranked No. 1 nationally. Vincent also led Memorial to a sweep of Class 6A relay titles, setting the high school national record (1:23.52) in the 4x200-meter relay.
A four-star cornerback recruit out of high school, Vincent was the No. 13 ranked player at his position and a top-100 recruit nationally. He received over 30 scholarship offers and considered Alabama, Michigan, TCU, Texas and Texas A&M before committing to LSU. Vincent signed to play football for the Tigers, but he also joined the track team, serving as the lead leg of the 4x100-meter relay as a freshman, claiming gold at the SEC Championships (38.76). As a sophomore, he won gold in the 100 meters (10.07), recording the second-fastest time of the NCAA season. Vincent’s father was a wide receiver and cornerback at Texas A&M and was drafted in the sixth round (No. 164 overall) of the 1992 NFL Draft by the New Orleans Saints. Vincent Sr., who spent most of his professional career in the CFL and AFL, coached his son in high school as Memorial’s cornerbacks and sprint coach. He passed away the day after Christmas (December 2018) after complications from pneumonia at the age of 49. Vincent Jr. elected to opt out of the 2020 college football season and enter the 2021 NFL Draft.
YEAR (GP/GS)
2017: (11/3)
2018: (13/7)
2019: (15/9)
2020: Opted out of the
Total: (39/19) 87 3.5 1.0 0 22 6
TKLS TFL
SACK FF PD INT
NOTES
Nickel CB/S Nickel CB/S Nickel CB/S
9 0.0 31 1.5 47 2.0
0.0 0 2 1 1.0 0 7 1 0.0 0 13 4
season (August 17, 2020)
HT WT ARM HAND WING 40-YD 20-YD 10-YD VJ BJ SS 3C BP COMBINE N/A (Combine canceled)
PRO DAY 5096 185 30 1/4 8 7/8 74 1/2 4.38 2.52 1.59 35 1/2 9’9” - - 8 (no shuttle or 3-cone – choice)
[229]

STRENGTHS: Track athlete with plus speed...outstanding foot quickness to click-and-close, beating the ball to the catch point...loose body movements mid-pedal, staying under control when shadowing routes...makes the correct reads as a downhill run defender...finished second on LSU’s national title team in interceptions in 2019 (behind Derek Stingley)...regarded as a smart, mature player by his college coaches...versatile experience as a three-year starting nickel, playing both slot cornerback and safety for the Tigers.
WEAKNESSES: Below average size and length...marginal play strength and has a tough time shedding blocks...passive tendencies as a tackler, stopping his feet and allowing ball carriers to make moves on him...eye discipline in coverage is not NFL-ready...late to sense route breaks or combinations, allowing savvy route runners to chop him up...must improve his ability to find the football once his back is turned...doesn’t have any college special teams experience as a return man...doesn’t offer much experience as an outside corner.
SUMMARY: A three-year starter at LSU, Vincent played a nickel role in former defensive coordinator Dave Aranda’s 3-3-5 base scheme. He lined up primarily over the slot receiver in college, but gave the coaches flexibility with his ability to also line up at safety, playing both zone and man coverage. Vincent is a balanced, speedy cover man with instilled confidence and adequate college production. However, he often plays like a track athlete playing football, making business decisions as a tackler and lacking fiery aggressiveness in his play. Overall, Vincent has NFL athleticism with scheme-versatile experience, but the reaction skills and play strength aren’t on the same level. He projects as a backup slot corner in the NFL.
GRADE: 6th-7th Round

Orange Crush77

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can he return kicks?

RaZon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Might be the fastest player in the draft, and he is a legit football player,

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Might be the fastest player in the draft, and he is a legit football player,
I already got clobbered for that assertion - Kary Vincent was the 4th fastest in the draft. In my judgement - he plays like a football player - which is genetically rare in fast players.

RaZon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I already got clobbered for that assertion - Kary Vincent was the 4th fastest in the draft. In my judgement - he plays like a football player - which is genetically rare in fast players.

There is a whole flock of football players who like Vincent were also sprinters on track teams. Not track guys trying to play football. Vincent is a sprinter who can alo play football.

10,07 with little wind, nobody in this draft faster. Right there with Shwartz.

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There is a whole flock of football players who like Vincent were also sprinters on track teams. Not track guys trying to play football. Vincent is a sprinter who can alo play football.

Who is this draft beats him at 100m?

10,07 with little wind, nobody in this draft faster.

Wearing a football uni - doesn't make you a football player - my observation is top speed guys are not usually guys who like to crash and bang on the football field, but that is just my opinion based on 60 years of watching football - no expertise greater than that -however.

RaZon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Wearing a football uni - doesn't make you a football player - my observation is top speed guys are not usually guys who like to crash and bang on the football field, but that is just my opinion based on 60 years of watching football - no expertise greater than that -however.

I talk the 100m not the 40, nobody not even Schwartz any faster at 100m.

TONS of sprinters have played pro football, hell 20 Olympic sprinters, don't buy what you are selling.

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I talk the 100m not the 40, nobody not even Schwartz any faster at 100m.

TONS of sprinters have played pro football, hell 20 Olympic sprinters, don't buy what you are selling.
I'm not selling anything, but football players don't typically run 100 yards in a play - and football fans don't talk the 100 - they talk the 40. So you are confusing.

Vincent did run the 100 meters in 10.07 which was the 2nd fastest time in NCAA track in 2019

RaZon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not selling anything, but football players don't typically run 100 yards in a play - and football fans don't talk the 100 - they talk the 40. So you are confusing.

You're team is the Broncos, you have had Jerry Tarr the number one ranked hurdler in the world. Vance Johnson an Arizona long jumper/sprinter, Sam Graddy an Olympic silver nedalist, Trindon Holliday a 10,00 sprinter and all teams have something similiar, so many of these guys were NCAA track guys who also played football.

If you look up above you will see a big run down on who Vincent is, notice the track talk?

If all a guy can run is a 40, in a few years where is he, if he is a legit 100m man he will be fast longer.

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You're team is the Broncos, you have had Jerry Tarr the number one ranked hurdler in the world. Vance Johnson an Arizona long jumper/sprinter, Sam Graddy an Olympic silver nedalist, Trindon Holliday a 10,00 sprinter and all teams have something similiar, so many of these guys were NCAA track guys who also played football.

If you look up above you will see a big run down on who Vincent is, notice the track talk?

If all a guy can run is a 40, in a few years where is he, if he is a legit 100m man he will be fast longer.
Jerry Tarr - who I saw play personally - was a bust as a football player - as was Sam Graddy and Trindon Holliday fumbled as often as he succeeded as a kick returner. Vance Johnson was a good football player - thanks for proving my point.

It is sad you can't find someone to argue with who disagrees with you. Maybe I can arrange a Groupon for you to get to another forum.

RaZon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jerry Tarr - who I saw play personally - was a bust as a football player - as was Sam Graddy and Trindon Holliday fumbled as often as he succeeded as a kick returner. Vance Johnson was a good football player - thanks for proving my point.

It is sad you can't find someone to argue with who disagrees with you. Maybe I can arrange a Groupon for you to get to another forum.

What's with the attitude guy? Just talking football.

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What's with the attitude guy? Just talking football.
This is just way too funny to respond to since we agree Kary Vincent is a very good football who is very fast - and that some track stars play football, but track star success in football is the exception and not the rule. Pretty soon you will run out of hair to split.

RaZon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is just way too funny to respond to since we agree Kary Vincent is a very good football who is very fast - and that some track stars play football, but track star success in football is the exception and not the rule. Pretty soon you will run out of hair to split.

Not sure where you are getting track star success in football is the exception and not the rule.

There have been a few "experiments" like Jim Hines, Tommie Smith, Ray Norton, who where track guys trying to play football, yep....bust! Then there was Bob Hayes, Darrell Green, Tyreek Hill, Cliff Btanch, Jamaal Charles, Rod Woodson, Willie Gault, James Lofton, and on and on who all had NFL success.

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure where you are getting track star success in football is the exception and not the rule.

There have been a few "experiments" like Jim Hines, Tommie Smith, Ray Norton, who where track guys trying to play football, yep....bust! Then there was Bob Hayes, Darrell Green, Tyreek Hill, Cliff Btanch, Jamaal Charles, Rod Woodson, Willie Gault, James Lofton, and on and on who all had NFL success.
Most of the "track" guys you mention who have succeeded at pro football were football players who ran track - not track stars who converted to football - Bob Hayes being the exception on your list.

You need a good conversation in front of a mirror to get the kind of conversational satisfaction you appear to be seeking.