• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Karns for Miller Trade

kcden

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,680.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Watching the opening game and all three players that we shipped to TB are starters/in a key role (Miller startiing 2B, Morrison starting 1B, Farquhar first reliever in the game) for TB.

The top 2 we got in return (Karns and Riefenhauser) aren't even M's anymore.

We have such a long line of losing badly in trades, it is almost incredible.

I suppose we have Dyson on the roster for Karns, so maybe it will even out, some...

Rays acquire Logan Morrison, Brad Miller in 6-player deal with Mariners

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Watching the opening game and all three players that we shipped to TB are starters/in a key role (Miller startiing 2B, Morrison starting 1B, Farquhar first reliever in the game) for TB.

The top 2 we got in return (Karns and Riefenhauser) aren't even M's anymore.

We have such a long line of losing badly in trades, it is almost incredible.

I suppose we have Dyson on the roster for Karns, so maybe it will even out, some...

Rays acquire Logan Morrison, Brad Miller in 6-player deal with Mariners

You can't really fault the Mariners for that deal though. All 3 of their performances with the M's left them with no trade value.

Podunkparte

12 > 49
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,184.88
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, you'll never convince me Brad Miller would have become a 30 HR guy if he stayed in Seattle, or been given the chance with his defensive liability anyway.

I really like what it looks like we'll get from Segura, so let the past be the past in this case, for me.

Tapey

Hooplas biggest Cardinals homer.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I disagree with this
the only point ill concede is brad miller
lomo's stats last year were nothing to write home about, plus had less than 400 abs, far from key role/starter
while Farquhar stats looked decent last, he only pitched 35 innings plus he spent time down in triple a for a portion of the year.
the only real thing we lost was brad miller, and even then the 30 homers look flashy, but everything else was not too great.

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And maybe it was just me, but I thought M's gave up on Karns last year way too early.

kcden

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,680.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My thought with this thread was more in lamenting our horrible history of getting destroyed in trades. At the time, I was optimistic about this one (as well as others).

Right now, one year later, TB has (3) contributing players on their roster from trade, out of (3) players traded for. One of them showed the potential last year that he could be the star some thought he was very early in his career.

On the Mariners side, (2) of the (3) are no longer M's, one having had a poor year for the M's followed by a trade for a platoon player (that I still have some decent hopes for). The third (prospect) player has already served a PED suspension and shown very little to be optimistic about in AAA, in the one year since the trade happened.

It just seems to be how things go for the M's...:sad2:

SeattleCoug

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lomo and Farq are nothing. I didn't like giving up Miller but he also didn't really have a position. His best spot may be 2nd which he couldn't play here. We will see if Powell turns into anything.

seattlefan75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can see the frustration with miller but even from reports that I have read they really do not see him hitting 30 homers again and will probably remain a low BA with descent power and no defense type SS which really doesnt help your case if your trying to win.

BUT the trade that has me wanting to drive my car into my garage is the Trumbo for Clevenger trade to Baltimore. Mark Trumbo had an MVP season hitting almost 50 homers with 100+ RBIs meanwhile we had to go out an acquire another catcher in the offseason and we still have an opening at first base.

Now watch Alex Jackson make his way to the majors in a few years and both Whalen and Povse never make a start on the mound.

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can see the frustration with miller but even from reports that I have read they really do not see him hitting 30 homers again and will probably remain a low BA with descent power and no defense type SS which really doesnt help your case if your trying to win.

BUT the trade that has me wanting to drive my car into my garage is the Trumbo for Clevenger trade to Baltimore. Mark Trumbo had an MVP season hitting almost 50 homers with 100+ RBIs meanwhile we had to go out an acquire another catcher in the offseason and we still have an opening at first base.

Now watch Alex Jackson make his way to the majors in a few years and both Whalen and Povse never make a start on the mound.

Agree with the Trumbo deal. That one didn't make any kind of sense to me.

The HR's with Miller would be nice but Aoki was a better fielder than him. As already pointed out, he is a 2B and they have a pretty decent one already.

Destroydacre

Throws stuff out windows
Hoopla Cash
$ 90.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agree with the Trumbo deal. That one didn't make any kind of sense to me.

The HR's with Miller would be nice but Aoki was a better fielder than him. As already pointed out, he is a 2B and they have a pretty decent one already.

It's not like Trumbo did bad here either. I believe he hit around .260 and his numbers with the Mariners suggested he would have hit around 30 home runs here if he played for Seattle the entire season. That's not the greatest production for a first basemen, but it's a hell of a lot better than the M's have gotten from there for quite a long time.