• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Kap vs Smith Talks: No more

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have seen a nice improvement from Kap this year. He still tries to force some throws but most Big arm QBs do. Perfect Example Brett Favre.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At least its no argument of who is better Smith and Kap. Kap run away from this argument. Its not even close now.

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At least its no argument of who is better Smith and Kap. Kap run away from this argument. Its not even close now.

It's just crazy that some people, including Niner fans, keep saying our QB sucks. A 97.0 passer rating this season and a 94.5 career passer rating say otherwise. Passer rating is not everything, but at least it's objective. His rating is solid even in this era where the rules favor passing. In my opinion, a QB with his passer rating does not suck.

I guess many people just don't like him. One poster here said that there are 15 other QB's he prefers over Kaep and that whether Kaep is better than those QB's has nothing to do with it. Another poster said during the Monday night game that Kaep's been shitty all season, which is just false.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
It's just crazy that some people, including Niner fans, keep saying our QB sucks. A 97.0 passer rating this season and a 94.5 career passer rating say otherwise. Passer rating is not everything, but at least it's objective. His rating is solid even in this era where the rules favor passing. In my opinion, a QB with his passer rating does not suck.

I guess many people just don't like him. One poster here said that there are 15 other QB's he prefers over Kaep and that whether Kaep is better than those QB's has nothing to do with it. Another poster said during the Monday night game that Kaep's been shitty all season, which is just false.

I certainly don't think he sucks, he's good enough to lead this TEAM to a SB win.

this was his best game of the season (stat wise at least), not his normal. So using this game as his 'standard' play is a little unfair too?

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
He's just a troll that lost his way and found himself here...on the 9er's board. I'll give him the one post.

Originally Posted by Pattersonca65 View Post

No player by himself is going to win a super bowl. It is a team game

don't get the response to this post, it IS a team game?

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I certainly don't think he sucks, he's good enough to lead this TEAM to a SB win.

this was his best game of the season (stat wise at least), not his normal. So using this game as his 'standard' play is a little unfair too?

He's been pretty good stat-wise even before this game. He was already in the 90's with his passer rating before this game, and besides the Bears game, he's been good statistically all season. This is his third game of the season where he is above 100 passer rating, so maybe this is closer to the standard than you might think.

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Technically, the Dallas game was better as far as passer rating goes, but if Vernon Davis didn't play defense for the Rams on that one play, then he would've been in the 130's.

The real outlier is the Bears game.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why do people compare the 49er team in 2011 with the Niner teams that followed. They were not the same. the 2011 team rode a perfect wave to the play offs. Everything fell into place. The only injury they suffered was the one that took out Ginn and we all know what a major impact even that single one had on the playoff outcome. Many players had career years, Rodgers, Aikers and we all know how badly they played the next two years. The team as a whole set an NFL record fro turn over margin in 2011. The next year the differential dropped by 19. That is huge. To assume that Alex would have had the same success with the team after the injuries started happening during the later part of the 2012 season is taking a lot for granted. Not only were many players getting older but the injuries to the receivers and Hunter impacted the effectiveness of Gore towards the end of the season. He was worn out and it was fortunate that they had a throw away game and a bye week to rest him up for the playoffs.

The Alex led team relied on Aikers to score field goals and the special teams and defense to create good field position. Special teams declined drastically. Especially Aikers who went from a career year to his to horrible. After the Smith Br. became injured was giving up 29 pts per game on average. So much for ball control. Every season creates a different scenario. Remember the Giants who won the Super bowl didn't even make it back to the playoffs the next year. Teams change year to year. Players leave via free agency and others age. It also requires a degree of luck. You need to get some calls and the right match ups in the play offs. Oh the Niner's in 2011 also played a weak schedule.

Any one who compares the the team that Alex had and the success Alex had with them to the team after the injuries starting with the middle of the 2012 season is not considering the different variables that those teams faced. But that is exactly what most of you do. Tell me I am wrong about the differences that I pointed out between the 2011 and 2012 and you could also add the 2013/14 seasons in as well. Just stop with the delusion that Alex would have taken the team to and won the Superbowl based on the results of the 2011 season.

Smith played better in 2012 than 2011 and I still trust the coaches to gameplan to give us a chance. Kaepernick DID lead us to a SB appearance, Smith MIGHT have gone to the SB with our team. We might not have gotten down by so much in the NFCC with Smith because we were more aggressive with Kaepernick and went three and out after Atlanta scored. Could we have gone three and out with Smith? Sure, but we might also have eaten up clock and methodically gone down the field. Same can be said about the Packers game, some of the runs were designed, who knows if we pick those yards up with Gore or the pass and more play block to stop Rodgers?

Anyone claiming we WOULD have gone to the SB with him is just making a blind guess. Anyone saying there was no way we go to the SB with him is overstating things. I get that the injuries made it harder with a QB like Smith to get the same contribution from running team and defensive stops, but it's not absolute. Some of the perfect alignment was contributed to by Smith like that TO differential and FGs and some of that was there still in 2012. Protecting the ball and efficient game can move down the field while resting the defense, giving them perhaps one or two fewer possessions to defend, and field position. Getting a lead would allow them to be more aggressive as a D. Even if the numbers on D and running game went down in 2012, can't apply a season-long trend with ups and downs to one game absolutely.

Still, any of what we say are guesses and I'm not even guessing we would get to or win the SB with Smith, just that there are no absolutes and all are opinions.

Last edited by a moderator:

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Originally Posted by Pattersonca65 View Post

No player by himself is going to win a super bowl. It is a team game

don't get the response to this post, it IS a team game?

I was responding to the troll. He said Kaepernick won't get us a superbowl to which I replied it is a team game