• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Kam PI that set up the would-be winning FG?

MrS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If the receiver initiates the contact the defender should be given leeway to make contact back. This was a blatant opi that they called horribly wrong.

fknhippie

I'll shit in your shoes.
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It was a wonderful call...and you guys were off sides on the missed FG...and you held...and you..ummm...wait, I'll come up with something.

fknhippie

I'll shit in your shoes.
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It was a wonderful call...and you guys were off sides on the missed FG...and you held...and you..ummm...wait, I'll come up with something.

AND YOU PUT EXTRA LACES ON THE FOOTBALL!!!!

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Vikings have you beat and your complaining about a call.They let you off the
hook Carolina won't be so nice get your tissue ready.

I do have tissues ready when my nose is a bit runny.

FirebreathingMonkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pete Carroll called the league about penalty on Kam Chancellor

Posted by Michael David Smith on January 12, 2016, 2:31 PM EST
504360390.jpg

For a moment on Sunday afternoon, it appeared that an incredibly costly pass interference penalty had gone against Seahawks safety Kam Chancellor, helping the Vikings get into range for a game-winning field goal. As it turned out, the Vikings missed the kick, and the Seahawks won, and people mostly forgot about the penalty.
But Seahawks coach Pete Carroll didn’t forget. He called the league office to address the issue, saying he didn’t think Chancellor had interfered with Vikings tight end Kyle Rudolph. The league said it stood by the official’s call.
I called the league office to find out what their interpretation of that was,” Carroll said, via ESPN. “It’s so close because the defender has his right to his area, and the receiver is supposed to have to avoid to get by. As Rudolph was avoiding, Kam’s right hand came up, so his hand was outside here. They hit head to head. He made a move and came right into him, and Kam’s hand came up. That’s what they saw, so that’s what they called.

“Had his hand been inside, then that didn’t need to be a call because Kam was in his own space, and the receiver needs to be trying to avoid. They would have just overlooked that. They wouldn’t have called it usually. They wouldn’t have called it offensive interference, they wouldn’t call it defensive. They would just call it incidental. Because his hand was out there, it gave the guy a reason to make the call.”
For all the talk this season about the definition of a catch in the NFL, the definition of pass interference may be even more opaque, with players, coaches, officials, media and the fans all disagreeing regularly about whether a pass interference flag was a good call or a bad one. Carroll and the league office clearly disagreed about the flag thrown on Chancellor.

dude82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

View attachment 76444

For a moment on Sunday afternoon, it appeared that an incredibly costly pass interference penalty had gone against Seahawks safety Kam Chancellor, helping the Vikings get into range for a game-winning field goal. As it turned out, the Vikings missed the kick, and the Seahawks won, and people mostly forgot about the penalty.
But Seahawks coach Pete Carroll didn’t forget. He called the league office to address the issue, saying he didn’t think Chancellor had interfered with Vikings tight end Kyle Rudolph. The league said it stood by the official’s call.
I called the league office to find out what their interpretation of that was,” Carroll said, via ESPN. “It’s so close because the defender has his right to his area, and the receiver is supposed to have to avoid to get by. As Rudolph was avoiding, Kam’s right hand came up, so his hand was outside here. They hit head to head. He made a move and came right into him, and Kam’s hand came up. That’s what they saw, so that’s what they called.

“Had his hand been inside, then that didn’t need to be a call because Kam was in his own space, and the receiver needs to be trying to avoid. They would have just overlooked that. They wouldn’t have called it usually. They wouldn’t have called it offensive interference, they wouldn’t call it defensive. They would just call it incidental. Because his hand was out there, it gave the guy a reason to make the call.”
For all the talk this season about the definition of a catch in the NFL, the definition of pass interference may be even more opaque, with players, coaches, officials, media and the fans all disagreeing regularly about whether a pass interference flag was a good call or a bad one. Carroll and the league office clearly disagreed about the flag thrown on Chancellor.

The article I read also brought up the PI non-call against Arizona in week 17 in relation to this PI call. That was the non-call that caused Arians to turn so red that they even made a joke about it on the air, saying that his face had turned the same color as his hat.

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

View attachment 76444

YEP... the defender has a right to have his space, clearly Kyle Rudolph ran directly into Kam to initiate that call ..The receiver CLEARLY did not make an attempt to go around Kam ... I"m telling you, that was a designed play to get the PI call...

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Speaking of Kam, I thought this was interesting... Seems like teams have figured out Kam in some cases in pass coverage... I love Chalk Talk w/ Brock...

The upshot of this week's "Chalk Talk" is that the Seahawks will need strong safety Kam Chancellor to be at this best Sunday against the Panthers and tight end Greg Olsen, who's the focal point of Carolina's passing game.

In the video above, Brock Huard breaks down the fourth-quarter play from Seattle's win over Minnesota on which Chancellor was flagged for pass interference against tight end Kyle Rudolph. He says the Seahawks will have to stop that play Sunday against Carolina, noting how Minnesota's formation was the same one out of which Olsen caught the game-winning touchdown when the Panthers beat Seattle in Week 6.