• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Kam PI that set up the would-be winning FG?

Wolvie

2018 DCFFL Champion!
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Does anyone have a video or gif of that pass interference?

Seemed like an amazing awful call that no one is really talking about. I would like to see it again

blstoker

Bill Bergen for HoF!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,816.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Does anyone have a video or gif of that pass interference?

Seemed like an amazing awful call that no one is really talking about. I would like to see it again

I remember seeing it and wondering about whether the ball was even in the air when the contact happened. Personally, when they were speculating it on Seattle, I thought at worst it was illegal contact or something, not pass interference.

People have been complaining about the call, but this isn't the first time this year that Seattle has been flagged for not moving out of the way of a WR. I can think of at least 2 other times where it's happened, so I wasn't so shocked about the call.

Tech_God

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just saw the replay....... pure B.S.

Imagine a speeding car plowing into a crowd of people on the sidewalk and the police giving fines to the pedestrians. Yeah, a (slight) overreaction on my part but man, horrible call by the refs.

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Go to 5.44 on the video .... it was a BS call ... receiver cut right into Kam on purpose to get that call...

Receiver ran right into Kam. He put up his hands to defend himself from being bowled over, yet he still gets the flag. Fortunately football Gods intervened and righted the game. Nice job finding a link and calling out the time!

jakedog56

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bad call. The defender has no recourse on a play like that. But I do think it will be called everytime in similar situations.

That being said, it has been a truly awful year for Kam. If he wasn't missing games for holdouts or injuries he was blowing coverages and missing tackles pretty damn consistently. The fact that he was voted into the pro-bowl this year just shows you what a joke it is.

He had better wake the fuck up and play better next week.

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bad call. The defender has no recourse on a play like that. But I do think it will be called everytime in similar situations.

That being said, it has been a truly awful year for Kam. If he wasn't missing games for holdouts or injuries he was blowing coverages and missing tackles pretty damn consistently. The fact that he was voted into the pro-bowl this year just shows you what a joke it is.

He had better wake the fuck up and play better next week.

Man, the league better address that crap otherwise were gonna see receivers playing the flop game like NBA players driving to the basket.... NO way should a receiver run a route right into a DB and get a call ... As far as Kam, he did make the great strip fumble on AP which set up the field goal which gave us the lead... Overall it was a brutal game though with the conditions, so I'll give some pass on a little sloppy play... Our D did a fantastic job overall ...

Nosferatu

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Come on man, if that's not a penalty then every defensive player in the league should just position themselves in front of every receiver and stop them from running their route. I honestly thought illegal contact would have been the better call but even if it was a bad call you won, move on already! Nobody likes a sore winner!

Logicallylethal

Hoopla Cash
$ 933.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
By the book, yes that should at the very least be illegal contact.

But I think the wording of that penalty needs to be changed. Kam has every right to his space in his zone as any other player on the field. I feel like if the offensive player is initiating contact like that then it should be called on the offensive player or just be left as a no call.

The phantom PI on Sherman was pretty bad too. I'll be the first to admit that Sherman gets away with his fair share of contact with receivers, but on this particular play he played the route perfectly and then lunged to make a play on the ball and was called for PI.

I know games are long enough already, but I believe in the 4th quarter under 2 mins a coach should have the right to make one challenge on a penalty. I'm all for human mistakes because it's a natural part of the game. But bad penalties/missed calls early on, players and teams still have time to overcome. A bad penalty late in the game can end up being the deciding play of the game or sets up another team to win/lose.

Judge Fudge

One Pretty Kinky Bastard
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,151.20
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And i Still believe that the Refs Missed a Facemask on Who tackled Lockett OTB on the broken play. Go to 3:34 in the Highlight Video

dude82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like to think I'm pretty fair when it comes to reacting to calls/no-calls. If we get a call or no-call in our favor and it looks like it could or should have gone the other way, I'll take the call/no-call, but I won't feel particularly good about it. At the same time, if a call goes against us and it's a legit call I won't complain about it. That being said, if this game had ended with a game-winning field goal helped by that pass interference call on Chancellor, I would have been pissed. It should have been offensive pass interference, but I would have settled for a no-call. Hell... even illegal contact, despite also being the wrong call, would have been preferable. I just don't see how you can call defensive pass interference there. It was a bad call that luckily didn't end up costing the Hawks the game.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Come on man, if that's not a penalty then every defensive player in the league should just position themselves in front of every receiver and stop them from running their route. I honestly thought illegal contact would have been the better call but even if it was a bad call you won, move on already! Nobody likes a sore winner!

If every defensive player knew the route the receiver was going to run they most certainly would stand right in the way of it.

The problem with calling that penalty is that too often it is a coin flip penalty either way. Gronk has been called for OPI a couple of times on plays that look just like it because that is an intentional play for him. He runs right at the defender and tries to knock him balance.

If a defender remains stationary in a position, he should not flagged for DPI unless he actually grabs the receiver.

But as you say, the play is moot anyway.

cowboys64219

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Vikings have you beat and your complaining about a call.They let you off the
hook Carolina won't be so nice get your tissue ready.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Vikings have you beat and your complaining about a call.They let you off the

Is there some rule that we can't talk about specific plays in the game if we win?

If the offense plays like it did yesterday then we will most certainly lose.

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well then if it is a penalty, then every receiver should just go run into the defender and draw the foul every time.

Nosferatu

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well then if it is a penalty, then every receiver should just go run into the defender and draw the foul every time.

I agree :suds:

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

So are you saying that receivers can now just cut full speed directly into DB's now and get illegal contact called almost every time ? Wow man, that would make for some good football .... If your in a zone coverage and I cut my route directly into you, what are you gonna do as a DB ?

jakedog56

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Cowboy fan comes here and talks shit. Fucking hilarious coming from the Jerry Jones train wreck fan club.

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Oh you can't complain about bad call's ? So I guess that means you've never complained EVER about officiating ? Should we trace back some of your posts and find out ? Also the call stunk, Viking couldn't move the ball at all in the second half and that penalty PUT THEM in a position to win... So I would say it was a HUGE call ...