• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Kam Chancelor To Skins?

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
From Mike Jones:

There is no truth to that rumor that the Redskins are trying to trade for Seattle Seahawks safety Kam Chancellor, I was told by a team source. I really don’t know where it started. I think it was some type of hypothetical thing thrown out there, and because McCloughan helped bring Chancellor to Seattle, people have gotten excited over the possibility. But, you’re right. McCloughan doesn’t want to part with his draft picks. He’d possibly have to give up a first- or second-rounder for Chancellor. He’d rather trade down, get more picks, and find the next Kam Chancellor.

Sleepy T

....zzzz...
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the above hogs haven article has us giving up a 2nd rounder . hell no i wouldnt do that

Sorry dad. Not sure where the logic is in that? You are giving up a mid/late 2nd for a pro bowl safety at the peak of his career. Our secondary would pretty well be set for 4-5 years.

Or you keep the 2nd and draft someone who might pan out. If the contract was friendly (and to come back home and reunite with SM, it could be) I think it would be a no brainer. I think this is all just rumor though.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sorry dad. Not sure where the logic is in that? You are giving up a mid/late 2nd for a pro bowl safety at the peak of his career. Our secondary would pretty well be set for 4-5 years.

Or you keep the 2nd and draft someone who might pan out. If the contract was friendly (and to come back home and play for SM, it could be) I think it would be a no brainer. I think this is all just rumor though.

what would be seatles upside to that ? that is my point

Caliskinsfan

Burgundy & Gold Forevah
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,569.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
From Mike Jones:

There is no truth to that rumor that the Redskins are trying to trade for Seattle Seahawks safety Kam Chancellor, I was told by a team source. I really don’t know where it started. I think it was some type of hypothetical thing thrown out there, and because McCloughan helped bring Chancellor to Seattle, people have gotten excited over the possibility. But, you’re right. McCloughan doesn’t want to part with his draft picks. He’d possibly have to give up a first- or second-rounder for Chancellor. He’d rather trade down, get more picks, and find the next Kam Chancellor.
I've kept an eye out on Twitter regarding the rumor and the main perpetrator of the latest rumblings admitted he made it up. Probably trying to emulate Uncle Chaps fame.

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why would he come here for a reasonable contract but not give Seattle a reasonable contract?

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
what is the upside for seatle in that ? getting rid of a contract ?

Getting rid of the head ache factor is more likely. And my guess would be it would cost a swap of seconds plus another pick from us to make it look good on the books for the Sea Hawks.

Caliskinsfan

Burgundy & Gold Forevah
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,569.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why would he come here for a reasonable contract but not give Seattle a reasonable contract?
Good question. Likely only if he's feeling disrespected and wants out.

Sleepy T

....zzzz...
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
what would be seatles upside to that ? that is my point

Well, if he is truly that disgruntled in Seattle, then he will likely make 14+ mill over the next 2 years and then walk as an UFA at 30 years old, not even giving the Hawks a chance long term. I'm not sure how fluid the situation is?

I see the case for them keeping him, he is a really good player. But you could also make the case for dumping him. You get something for him while he is in his prime and you free up money to spend elsewhere. Just my 2cents.

Sleepy T

....zzzz...
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If his contract was similar as what he had with the Hawks (Top 10 safety money, about 7mill per year), then why not?? I think he is certainly one of the Top 10 safeties in the league, so he should be paid as such.

Safety has been a huge hole in our D for the last few years. It would be nice to have someone who could play it for a change.

I am sure it is partly about the money.. It always is. But I am sure he is a little pissed that the guy playing next to him (Earl Thomas) is paid significantly better for having equal or (in some cases) inferior stats as compared to him.

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If his contract was similar as what he had with the Hawks (Top 10 safety money, about 7mill per year), then why not?? I think he is certainly one of the Top 10 safeties in the league, so he should be paid as such.

Safety has been a huge hole in our D for the last few years. It would be nice to have someone who could play it for a change.

I am sure it is partly about the money.. It always is. But I am sure he is a little pissed that the guy playing next to him (Earl Thomas) is paid significantly better for having equal or (in some cases) inferior stats as compared to him.

Kam's current contract has him paid at 7 mil per season which is number 2 among SS just a couple hundred thousand less than number 1...yet he is still complaining.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
why not simply draft a joseph and save 5 mil a year ? or another guy later in the draft and save more ?

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Guys, this looks like a rumor, no basis in fact. We arent going to trade for him, and likely will at least consider drafting a safety in the coming draft. Joseph is kind of growing on me, although I still think D-line early is going to be hard to pass up.

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Guys, this looks like a rumor, no basis in fact. We arent going to trade for him, and likely will at least consider drafting a safety in the coming draft. Joseph is kind of growing on me, although I still think D-line early is going to be hard to pass up.

Redskins mailbag: On Josh Norman, the Kam Chancellor rumors and the draft

Yep - this was just answered by Mike Jones of the WP:

There’ve been rumblings about a Kam Chancellor trade. It hardly seems realistic, as McCloughan would have to give up picks, and he loves his picks. Do you envision a scenario where both Norman and Chancellor are wreaking havoc in our secondary next year? What would that trade look like?

There is no truth to that rumor that the Redskins are trying to trade for Seattle Seahawks safety Kam Chancellor, I was told by a team source. I really don’t know where it started. I think it was some type of hypothetical thing thrown out there, and because McCloughan helped bring Chancellor to Seattle, people have gotten excited over the possibility.

But, you’re right. McCloughan doesn’t want to part with his draft picks. He’d possibly have to give up a first- or second-rounder for Chancellor. He’d rather trade down, get more picks, and find the next Kam Chancellor.

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep, I said that up there ^^^^^ and Cali confirmed.