• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Kaitlyn Smith......

randymon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don`t mean to be disrespectful but I don`t see the big deal here. They make it out to be such a monumental move when in all actuality the "glorified" quality control position for ST`s coach really means she`ll be in charge of cleaning the kicking tees, keeping a log on supplies, and other housemaid duties. Please, the day a woman is holding a prominent coaching position in the NFL will be the day the male species contracts a fatal disease and is wiped out. :)

johnson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is that really the gist of what she will be doing? I honestly am not familiar with her position.

Woman occupy FAR more difficult and complex positions in our society than any prominent coaching position, so I'm not sure that eventuality should be seen as that impossible. It will happen one day. I'd rather have her than Rob Ryan.

randymon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is that really the gist of what she will be doing? I honestly am not familiar with her position.

Woman occupy FAR more difficult and complex positions in our society than any prominent coaching position, so I'm not sure that eventuality should be seen as that impossible. It will happen one day. I'd rather have her than Rob Ryan.
:) I think that most people that are familiar with the "quality control" tag whether its held by a man or women know it is just a term to glorify a menial position within a company or institution. For the most part.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is what I have read on what a Quality Control coach actually does...They do much more than Randymon let on. They are the ones that break down film usually 5 weeks in advance and analyze the data so that the week the team actually plays that team everything is already ready film wise for the players and coaches to watch and to pay attention to certain things they really like and don't like.

They also run the scout team usually during practice because those are the guys that usually run what the other team usually does so they coach them up on what to do to help the actual starters prepare for the game.

This is usually the first stop for most coaches to then climb the latter. Jon Grudon got his start as one of the first Quality Control Coaches under Mike Holmgren. He would spend hours upon hours a day breaking down film and analyzing opponents.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When you have Jason Vrable on your coaching staff at least she won't be the worst coach on the team.

haha jk Geo!

randymon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is what I have read on what a Quality Control coach actually does...They do much more than Randymon let on. They are the ones that break down film usually 5 weeks in advance and analyze the data so that the week the team actually plays that team everything is already ready film wise for the players and coaches to watch and to pay attention to certain things they really like and don't like.

They also run the scout team usually during practice because those are the guys that usually run what the other team usually does so they coach them up on what to do to help the actual starters prepare for the game.

This is usually the first stop for most coaches to then climb the latter. Jon Grudon got his start as one of the first Quality Control Coaches under Mike Holmgren. He would spend hours upon hours a day breaking down film and analyzing opponents.
Touche my man.... But I will believe it when I see it and my money is on she gets fired before the 4th film session :) or they get scared when her head starts spinning in complete circles and she demands to be addressed as Cybil..or DIE!!! ;)

johnson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Touche my man.... But I will believe it when I see it and my money is on she gets fired before the 4th film session :) or they get scared when her head starts spinning in complete circles and she demands to be addressed as Cybil..or DIE!!! ;)

Thanks for the info. Sounds like she'll be doing more than....well, nothing.

She will be fired with the rest of Ryans staff after they miss the playoffs for the bazillionth year in a row next year.

58crash

must own
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
She had better not drop the soap

Davis_Mike

You can never have too many knives.
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Quality control just means you are the gopher. "go for this" "go for that" They are also the personal assistant to the coordinators.

Whether you guys want to admit it or not, being the first full time female on a coaching staff is a big deal. It opens the door & shows what it possible for other women & girls who love football.

GeekSportsFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don`t mean to be disrespectful but I don`t see the big deal here. They make it out to be such a monumental move when in all actuality the "glorified" quality control position for ST`s coach really means she`ll be in charge of cleaning the kicking tees, keeping a log on supplies, and other housemaid duties. Please, the day a woman is holding a prominent coaching position in the NFL will be the day the male species contracts a fatal disease and is wiped out. :)
I am as liberal as they come, but when it comes to football, baseball, bbal, I just can't wrap my head around women coaches, refs, announcers, etc. in the mix. It drives my wife nuts---an old women's libber--when I say this, but it's just not right.:o:o

WalkerBoh

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am as liberal as they come, but when it comes to football, baseball, bbal, I just can't wrap my head around women coaches, refs, announcers, etc. in the mix. It drives my wife nuts---an old women's libber--when I say this, but it's just not right.:o:o
Spurs have a female assistant who's kicking some major tail. She was even named HC of the Spurs summer league team (and won that summer league title). :suds:

randymon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Spurs have a female assistant who's kicking some major tail. She was even named HC of the Spurs summer league team (and won that summer league title). :suds:
Crap! I saw that but I missed read it. I thought they said she was giving "UP" some major tail and that she was named "Head" coach. I got to start prove reading these stories. Dang it. :)

randymon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Crap! I saw that but I missed read it. I thought they said she was giving "UP" some major tail and that she was named "Head" coach. I got to start prove reading these stories. Dang it. :)
proof reading

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Quality control just means you are the gopher. "go for this" "go for that" They are also the personal assistant to the coordinators.

Whether you guys want to admit it or not, being the first full time female on a coaching staff is a big deal. It opens the door & shows what it possible for other women & girls who love football.

It definitely is a great step. Same with having a female official in the NFL. Shows the NFL isn't quite the boys club it used to be and that should be ok. More women are getting into football than ever so having some women in positions of power I think helps the game bring in even more fans. The more fans, the more revenue, and that usually means we get a better chance of seeing our team on a regular basis.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have no problem with girls getting involved with the game if they have earned and deserved it, and not just a way to get a "female" into the game.

If an official is good. I don't care if she is male, female, transgender so on, but just as long as she is good.

Same with any coach. Don't hire her just because she is female. She better be good.

Just like a President or anything else.

The indoor league I help signed a female football player just to say "they were the first" and get some pub for the league, and it was a big time joke as she was terrible. In terrible I don't mean like god awful but for a professional football team she didn't belong on the team. If she was good enough I would have been fine with it. She then got some job with the Arizona Cardinals.

Former IFL Player Jen Welter Hired by Arizona Cardinals

I am all for equality and all that good stuff. But ya gotta be good enough to earn the job too. I have no problem giving her a chance though.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have no problem with girls getting involved with the game if they have earned and deserved it, and not just a way to get a "female" into the game.

If an official is good. I don't care if she is male, female, transgender so on, but just as long as she is good.

Same with any coach. Don't hire her just because she is female. She better be good.

Just like a President or anything else.

The indoor league I help signed a female football player just to say "they were the first" and get some pub for the league, and it was a big time joke as she was terrible. In terrible I don't mean like god awful but for a professional football team she didn't belong on the team. If she was good enough I would have been fine with it. She then got some job with the Arizona Cardinals.

Former IFL Player Jen Welter Hired by Arizona Cardinals

I am all for equality and all that good stuff. But ya gotta be good enough to earn the job too. I have no problem giving her a chance though.

To me if they haven't earned the spot all they do is set everything back for those who might actually be deserving because they will be viewed as a joke. So yeah not big on the whole just hire them for the publicity. Players and other coaches alike will easily see whether she is worthy or not and honestly if I were a player and saw that the FO cared more about publicity than putting the best team on the field I would have a hard time wanting to ever sign with that team unless they were willing to pay so much more than any other team.

randymon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It definitely is a great step. Same with having a female official in the NFL. Shows the NFL isn't quite the boys club it used to be and that should be ok. More women are getting into football than ever so having some women in positions of power I think helps the game bring in even more fans. The more fans, the more revenue, and that usually means we get a better chance of seeing our team on a regular basis.
I don`t know about that Cd. You either love the game or not and whether there`s women or men coaches everywhere in the league does`nt change whether you`ll tune in or not. Lets not get carried away here and really think there`s going to be this revelation of women gradually earning some viable positions in any of the male dominated sports in the near future or much longer. I`am extremely confident if I were to live to be 120, I wont see a DC or OC womens coach in NFL. These empowering the women of today and beyond is purely covering your asses against lawsuits via women activists and discrimination attacks. Lets not read to much into these camouflaged hirings and disguised conformity and superficial allegiance with the opposite sex involving prominent roles in major sports venus. I`am sure there are quite a few very intelligent women out there that know exactly what is going on and the basis behind these " substantial " media grabbing headlines and self promotion tactics. Seriously. :)