• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Kaepernick should get 5 more seconds on play clock

CaptainStubing

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i remember 90% of the niners fans i talked to before the season were on board with kicking alex smith to the curb because they felt Kaepernick was such a better QB.

Kaep is not and will never been as good in the pocket as Alex. He's not as smart and his decision making is not as good. People get enamored with QB's that are the most athletic guy on the field (see Michael Vick) because it's flashy and different but if they are not good in the pocket, they can also kill you and that's exactly what happened on Sunday.

RoboticDreams

JM8CH10
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i remember 90% of the niners fans i talked to before the season were on board with kicking alex smith to the curb because they felt Kaepernick was such a better QB.

Kaep is not and will never been as good in the pocket as Alex. He's not as smart and his decision making is not as good. People get enamored with QB's that are the most athletic guy on the field (see Michael Vick) because it's flashy and different but if they are not good in the pocket, they can also kill you and that's exactly what happened on Sunday.

So you have quite a few friends that are Niner fans?

darken65

Warped Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,199.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm a 49er fan; don't let the avatar fool you. As you can probably tell I lost a bet...

Anyway, I think the NFL should enact a rule for some of the "challenged" QBs in the NFL that they get 5 more seconds on the play clock to get the play in. It's only fair. They have handicapped parking in al of the stadiums don't they?

They didn't say to Derrick Coleman, "Sorry chump; you shouldn't have been born deaf!" No. They allowed him to use a hearing aid. It's only fair. They need to do the same thing for Kaepernick when it comes to the play clock.

Also, since the 49ers provided Kaepernick's play book to him in coloring-book format (to make it easier to understand and to keep his attention), the NFL should allow Colin to carry at least 2 crayons and a few pieces of paper onto the field to jog his memory when they tell him what play is being called. The NFL should be about an even playing field; that's why everyone deserves the same opportunity to succeed. Right now, the NFL isn't giving Kaepernick and QBs with similar "challenges" an opportunity to succeed.

While we're at it, when Kap's playing the defenders need to accommodate his needs as well. They should all have to wear jerseys that say, "Bad guy" on the back instead of their names so that he's not confused as to who they are. Again, this goes back to the format of his play book.

Seem fair to you guys?
:lol: Thanks for the laugh Sickness!!!

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Watching the replay of this game on NFL Network.
At the 10:00 min mark of the 3rd qtr, Kaep still has ZERO pocket presence.

I don't know about all that. I wouldn't use the terms "retard" or "slow-thinking" or "incapable-of-learning-from-his-idiotic-inexcuseable-mistakes." That's a little harsh. I think it'd be more fair to say he has zero pocket presence.

geezer

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Imagine if the situation was reversed and Reid had deflected Wilson's game winning pass?
RW is too short, Bevell should be arrested for such poor play calling. What happened to our #1 defense?
Kap two years in a row leading his team to the superbowl? There goes 20 mil a year in cap space.
One game changes so much yet so little really determines who wins. These teams are so much a mirror of each other that change the uniforms and most of the NFL couldn't tell the difference.

cwood

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As a Packer fan I REALLY hope they get rid of Kaepernick. Trade him to the AFC.

SonnyCID

Conocido Miembro
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As a Packer fan I REALLY hope they get rid of Kaepernick. Trade him to the AFC.

Or the Packers can just fix their defense.