• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Kaepernick Off the Field

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Among other things, our quarterback has a big mouth.
So does Aaron Rodgers. And Tom Brady. And Joe Montana.

And Brady Quinn. And Geno Smith. And Donovan McNabb.

If needed, I can explain. Some people confuse confidence with a big mouth. Otherwise, a lot of quarterbacks have a big mouth regardless of talent.

I'm just glad we have someone with a lot.

Last edited by a moderator:

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
And Brady Quinn. And Geno Smith. And Donovan McNabb.

If needed, I can explain. Some people confuse confidence with a big mouth. Otherwise, a lot of quarterbacks have a big mouth regardless of talent.

I'm just glad we have someone with a lot.

yes, all professional players need confidence, any sport.

but don't you have it within yourself whether you go media or not? so keep it within yourself and your team, then no problem. once you go outside yourself, outside your team (ie 'media'), it can easily be taken as 'Big Mouth'? the media will obviously play it up as much as possible, we all know that.

for me, just wondered why he needed to even talk about it really? not claiming he was being cocky.

threelittleturds

anteater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
don't see the benefit of making this public? I see it giving the Pack D even more incentive to 'hurt' our QB, and it will 'amuse' we 9er fans, but don't see a benefit for game 1?

if I was Kaep, i'd have kept it within the 49ers.

Oh, I'm pretty sure they are already out to hurt him because of how he embarrassed them on the field. This sort of thing won't change anything, their goal is revenge and if anything all this will do is "justify their intent" because now they can tell themselves he deserves it for being a "jerk".

threelittleturds

anteater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Every time King tries to talk about another QB, I can't help but think of Anchorman.

1523544.jpg

imac_21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
don't see the benefit of making this public? I see it giving the Pack D even more incentive to 'hurt' our QB, and it will 'amuse' we 9er fans, but don't see a benefit for game 1?

if I was Kaep, i'd have kept it within the 49ers.

I somehow doubt professional athletes have any incentive to hurt each other. They aren't in high school. If the Pack were not 100% motivated to be at their best in week 1, then they have all kinds of issues and I doubt that this will make a difference for them.

tallglassofwater007

Large Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Way to take it in a different context....coming from a Ravens site as well. He is angry with himself for wasting a timeout on a play he thinks he would have scored on. You are the dimwit in this case.

Seriously. Kaepernick is saying he replays his mistake of not getting the snap off on time. I have heard that elsewhere in the interview he brings up the lack of a flag on the last play, but here, he's saying the one play he can't get over was his mistake.

Breaker99

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Way to take it in a different context....coming from a Ravens site as well. He is angry with himself for wasting a timeout on a play he thinks he would have scored on. You are the dimwit in this case.

Wait, Harbaugh called the timeout.... not Kaep. Kaep snapped the ball not realizing a time out had just been called.

tallglassofwater007

Large Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wait, Harbaugh called the timeout.... not Kaep. Kaep snapped the ball not realizing a time out had just been called.

But he said it was because he took too long to get the guys out of the huddle and up to the line. So Harbaugh called the timeout because he didn't know if Kaep would get it off in time.

tallglassofwater007

Large Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seriously. Kaepernick is saying he replays his mistake of not getting the snap off on time. I have heard that elsewhere in the interview he brings up the lack of a flag on the last play, but here, he's saying the one play he can't get over was his mistake.

Yeah, the stupidity of people on boards and comment sections baffles me. We have our share of them on the boards but for the most part I feel like people here are objective and fair, even if it is a disagreement. But to just not even read an article and talk shit based off of a misleading title is a joke.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kaep did say that it "meant something that the interviewer was asking about the calls." (As in, if it weren't an issue, no one would talk about it. If it were clearly the right call or even questionably the wrong call, then it was big.) Then, he did say he felt it was stolen. That I think confirms the ref thing, but it could be interpreted a few ways. You can also have that same feeling if you let yourself down. Believe me, I've felt that way before (not to the same extent and obviously not publicly).

Both times it was in reference to the calls, but he never said it in words. I feel Kaepernick has to feel both. Feel that the calls were bogus but he had a chance to give the refs no choice, whether that be start the first half better or get the play call off in time.

tallglassofwater007

Large Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kaep did say that it "meant something that the interviewer was asking about the calls." (As in, if it weren't an issue, no one would talk about it. If it were clearly the right call or even questionably the wrong call, then it was big.) Then, he did say he felt it was stolen. That I think confirms the ref thing, but it could be interpreted a few ways. You can also have that same feeling if you let yourself down. Believe me, I've felt that way before (not to the same extent and obviously not publicly).

Both times it was in reference to the calls, but he never said it in words. I feel Kaepernick has to feel both. Feel that the calls were bogus but he had a chance to give the refs no choice, whether that be start the first half better or get the play call off in time.

Are you reading the same article? Cause in the article we are referencing it is different.

Kaepernick and the 49ers will never know what could have happened. They came back from timeout wanting to run a different play, and threw two incompletions to receiver Michael Crabtree on third and fourth downs.

“How long did it take you to get over the game?” King asked.

“Still not really over it,” he replied. “It feels like something was stolen.”

And for the record...if he is talking about the refs then I don't blame him. That was the worst officiated big game I have seen since the Seahawks vs Steelers Superbowl.

sjballer03

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Are you reading the same article? Cause in the article we are referencing it is different.

Kaepernick and the 49ers will never know what could have happened. They came back from timeout wanting to run a different play, and threw two incompletions to receiver Michael Crabtree on third and fourth downs.

“How long did it take you to get over the game?” King asked.

“Still not really over it,” he replied. “It feels like something was stolen.”

And for the record...if he is talking about the refs then I don't blame him. That was the worst officiated big game I have seen since the Seahawks vs Steelers Superbowl.

It was obvious the NFL wanted a nice send-off for Jerome Bettis and Ray Lewis.

Excel

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It was obvious the NFL wanted a nice send-off for Jerome Bettis and Ray Lewis.

I think it was on the first drive that I started thinking that too myself. The bad calls, and ticky tack calls did not seem to be coming out even. That being said, we had the chance to win that game bad officiating and all. We did not, so got to move on.