• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

K J Young dismissed from the team

Wheat

High Plains Drifter...
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
not good.....

Oklahoma football: Sophomore wide receiver K.J. Young dismissed from the team | News OK

NORMAN -- Oklahoma redshirt sophomore wide receiver K.J. Young has been dismissed from the team for violating unspecified team rules, an OU spokesman confirmed Sunday.

Young, from Perris, Calif., started three games last season and appeared in 12, catching 19 passes for 215 yards and a touchdown. He signed with the Sooners in their 2013 recruiting class.

As a senior at Citrus Hill High School, Young caught 91 passes for 1,593 yards and 18 touchdowns. He picked the Sooners over offers from Boise State, Colorado, Colorado State, Iowa State, UNLV and UTEP.

Young is the second wide receiver from that signing class to leave the team. San Antonio native Dannon Cavil left the team in October.

He’s also the second 2013 signee to leave the team within the last week. Running back Keith Ford announced his decision to transfer last week.

In the Red-White spring game last month, Young caught three passes for 28 yards.

This story will be updated.

romeo212000

Self-proclaimed Asshole
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,441.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No great loss IMO.

occupant

Resident Inhabitant and nerve striker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,345.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There's been a lot of chaff this year...

Let's hope the new coaches can separate them out before they make it on campus in the near future.

Goldbug

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There's been a lot of chaff this year...

Let's hope the new coaches can separate them out before they make it on campus in the near future.

Good point but the larger issue is the chaff in the coaching staff.

Let's not kid ourselves. This is a weak coaching staff for a football program like Oklahoma. How many assistant coaches are considered to be in the top 2 at their position in college football? The answer is downright scary! We have three primary problems at OU that have caused a formerly elite program to slip precipitously: (1) a weak assistant coaching staff that has not been improved with the addition of people like Lincoln Riley (WTF!) as the OC and playing musical chairs with the rest of the staff isn't the answer (2) very average talent at most positions to good talent at a few positions with only the RB's considered to be elite talent (c) Bob Stoops is years past his prime. I'm a businessman so I have a streak of prick in me when it comes to under performance. I clean house when things aren't going right. And I hold myself personally accountable for everyone's performance who work in my companies. If we are supposed to be happy this season with only 2-3 losses then you can add Joe Castiglione to being one of the primary problems unless he holds himself accountable and burns this thing to the ground so we can start a new (winning) chapter in Oklahoma football.