• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Just sayin'

flamingrey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I've noticed many posts directed at, or in response to myself seem to have an increasingly combatant overtone, as if waiting for a fight. Let alone the number of people that have outright called me or have suggested I'm an asshole (in my defense, I never started posting to make any friends). I think it's pretty easy to pinpoint the underlying cause.

So that said, here's to a fresh start with more respectable debate for a more readable forum. (I think I may have to limit my number of responses in any given thread)

Cheers!

kramer1

Sports betting savant
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
May I suggest limiting your responses to zero?

CrashDavisSports

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think you are fine Flaming. You aren't any worse than Kramer, that is for damn sure.

TrinDaddy

Trinconceivable!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Yeah dude, you're fine. Everybody may not agree with you and like to argue with you, but it's not as if you're talking out of your pooper and trolling, a la Bip. You at least back it up with stats or research, so no matter how much I may disagree with your view on things at times, it doesn't mean I think you're an asshole or an idiot or anything else overtly negative. It just means we don't see eye to eye, which is fine. Forums are for discussion and if everybody agreed at all times then it would be totally boring.

vancelot23

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
As I said before, you CAN be an asshole sometimes, but I don't think you're trolling. It's not the disagreements, it's the tone you tend to take. You come off as condescending and arrogant. But, as mentioned, it's a message board, and if everybody just nodded in agreement, then there would be no discussions.

flamingrey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
As I said before, you CAN be an asshole sometimes, but I don't think you're trolling. It's not the disagreements, it's the tone you tend to take. You come off as condescending and arrogant. But, as mentioned, it's a message board, and if everybody just nodded in agreement, then there would be no discussions.

This is what I was alluding to (though I do believe that in most cases I'm not the initiator, just become the agressor).

It just happens. I will try to tone that down and try a more humble approach.

Restore the Roar

Hopeless Addict
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When your just reading a post, sometimes it's hard to pick up on sarcasm or something that was meant to be just a funny little jab. I've done it and I'm sure we are all guilty of it. I've noticed in the last few weeks a change in Flamings posting style, and have apreciated the effort. I have also tried to mellow out my posts.

bengaldoug

former pessimistic homer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I generally get along with most everyone on this board......except Kramer, whose fantasy team gave mine an ass kicking yesterday....fuck you Kramer.....

:finger::finger::finger:

CrashDavisSports

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When your just reading a post, sometimes it's hard to pick up on sarcasm or something that was meant to be just a funny little jab. I've done it and I'm sure we are all guilty of it. I've noticed in the last few weeks a change in Flamings posting style, and have apreciated the effort. I have also tried to mellow out my posts.

I agree. I need to calm some of my stuff down. Just 8 years of posting on ESPN has made me kind of an ass in discussions at times, at least more than I used to be. Also, it is a compliment to the group of posters we have here, because I feel comfortable enough to be an ass. haha

DanBengalfan

Raving lunatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree. I need to calm some of my stuff down. Just 8 years of posting on ESPN has made me kind of an ass in discussions at times, at least more than I used to be. Also, it is a compliment to the group of posters we have here, because I feel comfortable enough to be an ass. haha

ya, sometimes I just throw logic to the wind and post what I'm feeling. I'm comfortable being myself around most of the posters here.

Cincyfan78

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Like you really give a rats' ass.

What you really mean to say is "Fuck you all"!

LOL

No need to explain. It's what keeps the board lively.