• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Just Say No To Winston

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He can always accept a more lucrative baseball contract and enjoy an injury free, money filled career that goes decades beyond what his NFL career would have been.

That's if he's not drafted in the early rounds, which we all know he will be.

The kid cannot lose.
Thats why I would stay in school if I was him. He gets to be the star QB, he gets to play baseball, and he gets to be big man on campus. Rookie NFL contracts aren't worth squat if you are in a position like that if you aren't a first rounder...every player is pretty much playing for his second contract. Build your skills in college and come in on top like Andrew Luck.

He might be a top 5 pick but he'll have to bury his baggage first. No one wants the Aldon Smith of QBs

Brasky

Till We Can't Be Beat. WON'T. BE. BEAT.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That kid really is the real life Boobie Miles.

Oh wait, Boobie Miles IS the real life Boobie Miles.

ANGELAKERAMS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
SJ

Of course the guy is talented. Nobody is denying that.

But you can't draft this guy, give him millions of dollars and "hope" he matures.

We've been down this road already. We "hoped" for change and got a guy who spends all our money and given us nothing but trouble in return. He's good at golfing and taking vacations though.

But I digress. Winston is too big of a risk to take and hope he turns into the player on the field instead of Lawrence Philips 2.0

Battlelyon

2021 Super Bowl Champions Rams
Hoopla Cash
$ 118.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jesus Rams fans are already this down on themselves that they think they're gonna get a top 5 draft pick?

We have had four winning seasons the last twenty five years, the last winning season was 2003. Of course our expectations are low.

SJ76

I'll slap you with my member
Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Like Brasky said, it's September. And brasky, when you are a Rams fan.. you have been trained to look at draft picks early in the season buddy. yeah it's that sad.

AngelsLAkers, are you saying we should draft another project O-lineman that sits and watches instead? haha

I think by the end of the year, both QBs will look good and go Pro. But I am done speculating, because our Front office cannot evaluate offensive talent and they will get wood for the latest, greatest athlete that came out of nowhere.

I think I'm going to go to Rams Park and pitch my tent in the parking lot and sell snake oil.

zeke2829

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You ever been to publix around 3pm? Holy boobs. Good place to find eye candy in the melon section.

And these kids were going to bed hungry for years. They just adopted a rule that allows food at any time for scholarship athletes now.

If the kid wants crablegs and is broke, figure it out...

ANGELAKERAMS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Like Brasky said, it's September. And brasky, when you are a Rams fan.. you have been trained to look at draft picks early in the season buddy. yeah it's that sad.

AngelsLAkers, are you saying we should draft another project O-lineman that sits and watches instead? haha

I think by the end of the year, both QBs will look good and go Pro. But I am done speculating, because our Front office cannot evaluate offensive talent and they will get wood for the latest, greatest athlete that came out of nowhere.

I think I'm going to go to Rams Park and pitch my tent in the parking lot and sell snake oil.

NO WAY

I didn't want the one we have now.

BOSS429Mustang

Politically Incorrect
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who are we kidding? I suspect by the end of this season the Rams will be grateful if they can get ANY of the top QBs in the draft. You know what would improve our QB play 100% no matter who starts?..................KIDNAP SHOTTENHEIMER AND THROW HIM OFF A HIGH BRIDGE SOMEWHERE!

zeke2829

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You ever been to publix around 3pm? Holy boobs. Good place to find eye candy in the melon section.

And these kids were going to bed hungry for years. They just adopted a rule that allows food at any time for scholarship athletes now.

If the kid wants crablegs and is broke, figure it out...

Yah...but I'm not so sure what he will be like when he signs a 5 year deal worth 50 mill? Will he be thinking about football? ....or will he go out and buy a 10# box of crank?? :drool:

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Really good post here from a fellow Seminole fan in Tallahassee:

Consistent issues... Casher was told to "GET OUT!!!" by the girl when he
opened the door while the sexual acts were occurring... Does this sound like
someone being raped?

Also, the girl has continuously claimed that she
was "under the influence of something", but toxicology reports have shown very
little alcohol and came up clean on other drugs...

She was with a group
of girls who were intending to meet football players.

With regard to
Tally police, we keep hearing how they were protecting some "High Profile
Athlete", when in reality, he was a RS Freshman who hadn't even made it to
spring ball yet to see what he was going to be. Yes, he was a highly touted
recruit, but at FSU those are kind of a dime a dozen...

These are
things to CONSIDER when you wish to throw out the, "I think he did it" card...
Tallahassee Police might play favorites to some degree, but as high-profile as
this case became, the recent decision by the State AG that there was not enough
here TO EVEN CHARGE WINSTON speaks volumes... It isn't as though the threshold
for moving forward in a r*pe case is that strict. But not enough to CHARGE
him? C'mon... And Willie Meggs hasn't exactly been a "Friend of FSU" his
entire career either.

All that said.......

Whether Winston
dodged a PR bullet with that, or
dodged something far more serious, his actions since are downright
embarrassing.... The crab legs? UGH!!! Okay, $32 bucks, he did his
community service... Whatever. But its still a PR
black eye....

The thing about him and another player running around and
getting stopped by police with a pellet gun and shooting out an apartment
window? Okay, this was before even the r*pe allegation I guess, but man this
dude is proving to be immature....

This latest thing? Holy hell!!!
You have GOT to know that you can't do that based on what you have already been
through... If you didn't r*pe this girl, you still have to know that screaming
obscenities that are disrespectful to women is just plain fuggin' stupid based
on public perception and the microscope that you KNOW you are now under....
This is enough to get me off the Winston Train now... As an FSU Alumnus, I
would like him suspended for the entirety of the Clemson game and look forward
to him moving on... This kid's greatest crime might just be that he is a
colossal dumb ass, but that's enough for me to want to see him go....

...And I'll admit. I love that we won the National Championship last year and
that fact makes it easier to put our chances in jeopardy this year... I don't
know if I'd try to find ways to cut the kid more slack in we hadn't just won it
all.... But I understand if people want to question that.

I am not denying that Jameis is a clown and acting like his in junior high school... But some of the stuff he has done is kind of funny. IMO lol

Last edited by a moderator:

zeke2829

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who are we kidding? I suspect by the end of this season the Rams will be grateful if they can get ANY of the top QBs in the draft. You know what would improve our QB play 100% no matter who starts?..................KIDNAP SHOTTENHEIMER AND THROW HIM OFF A HIGH BRIDGE SOMEWHERE!

Anymore I think spending a high pick on a so called high rated qb is stupid as they usually bust out in only a couple of years. Especially if they start right away. They are not accustomed to running such a complicated offense or it takes them a long time to learn the playbook. On the other hand if that paticular team selects a high pick then allows them to carry a clip board for a few years then they seem to have better success(aka Austin Davis). They should know the entire offense/playbook first and foremost before they are fed to the lions, not learn as they go. Most of the time I believe the reason they fail is because they are confused. Sure he needs real live experience as well. But knowing how to read the defense and change the play or audible gives him a better chance. Most young qbs get suckered into doing stupid things. Hmmm... I wonder how Sammy Bradford would have done had we allowed him to sit his 1st 3 years and started him in his 4th?? It would have never happened because we were paying him MEGA $$!!

BOSS429Mustang

Politically Incorrect
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess you could make an argument either way Zeke. Look at Andrew Luck and RG3 (before the injuries deteriorated his play) They played very well as rookies. But your philosophy of letting them sit awhile worked out wonderfully for Aaron Rogers--probably one of the top 3 QBs in the league. I don't think there is any hard and fast rule here---a lot depends on the intelligence of the player and the system they came from in college. Also the intestinal fortitude of each individual factors into it quite a bit as well. A good example of the lack of that is in our own backyard with Bradford. Has (had) all the physical tools, and apparently the intelligence, but never lost the "deer in the headlights" characteristic to make the rest of his skills count for anything.

I still don't like Winston for our next QB because of his lack of common sense and immaturity, but I will agree with SJ76 on one thing....he has the guts and savvy to play in this league if he can just acquire some common sense and mental discipline. Of course that has yet to be seen, so do you swing on yet another player with "potential" and take a chance on striking out yet again on a high draft pick? Opinion seems to be split down the middle on that one.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He doesn't have any issues on the field. That said, that's not enough any more in today's NFL. Players don't help you much when they're suspended.

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Google 1996 Peyton manning sexual misconduct while at Tennessee.

Kids do stupid shit. If you've watched him on the field, there have many games he's come
Out 11/11 150 1TD.

He needs to grow up. Period

Now the #42 - LB on Clemson I would draft with no doubts. He's a beast

BOSS429Mustang

Politically Incorrect
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sorry SJ, usually I'm right there with you. But unfortunately not on this one. You may be right, and he may be a great QB in the NFL if he ever matures. But even you have to admit that's a big if at this point. He just doesn't seem to learn. One stupid thing after another. Yeah, some of them have made stupid mistakes as well. But the smart ones usually figure it out after one or two. This guy just continues to put the wrong persona out there and he doesn't even realize he's hurting his draft stock. Not even smart enough to figure that out.

I just don't think the Rams can afford another swing and miss on a high draft pick, especially QB. How far back would that set the franchise already behind the 8-ball for so long.

BOSS429Mustang

Politically Incorrect
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, other positions you can take a more risky chance on, but even that isn't a good idea if they are a first round pick. If Winston drops to the 3rd round, I could see the justification on taking a chance on him. What the heck, even if he falls to the 2nd round perhaps. But the first round.......sorry, no way. I suspect that's going to be the prevailing attitude around the league unless he shows some kind of miraculous change of attitude and maturity level. At the rate he's going, doesn't look like that's happening anytime soon.

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can't argue with u bro, I just hope he matures. Dez was a case too and a lot of people thought he would be a mess, but watch tomorrow. :) Dez is now a beast.

this #42 LB on Clemson is BALLIN.

BOSS429Mustang

Politically Incorrect
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, if he does mature, he is exactly what the Rams need. Quite a contrast from what we've had the past four years that's for sure. Of course if he continues the way he's been going, I hope the 49ers or Seahawks draft him. :rollseyes: Nothin's for certain in this league these days, and my crystal ball is "out of service" at the current time so......guess that's what keeps us all paying attention....not knowing where this thing is headed. If the Rams draft him, I'll become a Winston fan and hope you were right all along SJ. If somebody else drafts him, well, interest will inevitably wane at that point. Then we pray that it doesn't come back to bite us. Yep, hindsight is 20/20.