• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Just got back last night

Oney

Hoopla Cash
$ 757.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Had a really great time in Arlington. Was able to score free tickets from one of our vendors at work, and didn't even know that I was going till around noon Friday. Scooped up my son and drove 10 hours from Nashville to Arlington Sunday afternoon.

It was pretty evident around town that is was about 3 to 1 Buckeye fans there for the game, and extremely obvious once we got into the stadium. The dome is just an awesome piece of architecture. I was really surprised how they were able to transform it for this game. You'd have expected to still see a strong Cowboys presence in the stadium, but pretty much everything including the frosted glass was converted to Oregon and Ohio State icons. All the light poles and such had coverings on them as well.

Sat in 3rd level of the Ohio State end zone, straight up from the HI letters. Good view of the game, and of course you had the humongous TV screens, and great sound system. So happy we won in dominating fashion.

All the Oregon fans seemed pretty decent that I spoke with, aside from a couple young kids running their mouths. Predominately an older crowd for the most part, which I am sure has to do with the cost of things.

Tailgating was fun of course but it was so damn cold! We ran around the tailgate for about an hour and a half and then went back to the truck to warm up and hang out. Lots of people not dressed for, or expecting it to be that cold. Was about 28 degrees out with the wind chill. I brought beer, but luckily some more buddies showed up with some Jagermeister, and then another tailgate shared some fireball with us too.

If I had to complain about anything, it was the fact that all of the pregame events were up in Dallas about 20 miles from the stadium, so I didn't go up to any of that. $40 cab ride one way.

Great time and great memories! I'll see about downloading some pics later.

Sgt Brutus

Goober
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It was an amazing game, we were loud and the O H I O chants never got old

Great win :suds:

And I agree the stadium was something else, crazy

Oney

Hoopla Cash
$ 757.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, when we can pull off the OHIO chant around the stadium at a neutral site, we were there in numbers. I just wanted it to keep going after the TV time outs!

Lance Armstrong

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kuddos to Ohio State fans for showing up. How bad does Oregon fans look for not even showing up to the NATIONAL TITLE GAME?

Sgt Brutus

Goober
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How about the difference in bands Oney

TBDBITL 100x better

WhiteMamba

John: 8:36
Hoopla Cash
$ 61.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kuddos to Ohio State fans for showing up. How bad does Oregon fans look for not even showing up to the NATIONAL TITLE GAME?

We all went to Pasadena. very hard to do both.

Let's face it... SoCal >>>>>>>>>>> North Texas

Sgt Brutus

Goober
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

TBDBITL 100x better
But damn those Oregon cheerleaders were some real hot sloots :clap:

Hope they came to tOSU locker room to congratulate the winners :yahoo:

The Derski

No Fat Chicks
Hoopla Cash
$ 418.10
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Ohio St. has more of a national fan base while Oregon is pretty much just the northwest. Plus I think Ohio is closer to Texas than Oregon.

Oney

Hoopla Cash
$ 757.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

TBDBITL 100x better

Definitely. I was at the opposite end from their band, but could barely hear them when they were on the field before the game. I didn't see them at halftime, grabbed a beer and ran outside to smoke, saw us doing the wizard of oz thing on the tvs.

I then got some nachos before the 3rd started...Oregon caught up 21-20 and I couldn't stand up and cheer...I looked at those nachos and threw them damn things away. I get superstitious like that.

Oney

Hoopla Cash
$ 757.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A mightier fanbase is always going to outpay the lesser.

I tell you what, I think it has an impact for the players confidence when they see and hear that kind of support.

Tharvot

Crusader for Truthiness
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Had a really great time in Arlington. Was able to score free tickets from one of our vendors at work, and didn't even know that I was going till around noon Friday. Scooped up my son and drove 10 hours from Nashville to Arlington Sunday afternoon.

It was pretty evident around town that is was about 3 to 1 Buckeye fans there for the game, and extremely obvious once we got into the stadium. The dome is just an awesome piece of architecture. I was really surprised how they were able to transform it for this game. You'd have expected to still see a strong Cowboys presence in the stadium, but pretty much everything including the frosted glass was converted to Oregon and Ohio State icons. All the light poles and such had coverings on them as well.

Sat in 3rd level of the Ohio State end zone, straight up from the HI letters. Good view of the game, and of course you had the humongous TV screens, and great sound system. So happy we won in dominating fashion.

All the Oregon fans seemed pretty decent that I spoke with, aside from a couple young kids running their mouths. Predominately an older crowd for the most part, which I am sure has to do with the cost of things.

Tailgating was fun of course but it was so damn cold! We ran around the tailgate for about an hour and a half and then went back to the truck to warm up and hang out. Lots of people not dressed for, or expecting it to be that cold. Was about 28 degrees out with the wind chill. I brought beer, but luckily some more buddies showed up with some Jagermeister, and then another tailgate shared some fireball with us too.

If I had to complain about anything, it was the fact that all of the pregame events were up in Dallas about 20 miles from the stadium, so I didn't go up to any of that. $40 cab ride one way.

Great time and great memories! I'll see about downloading some pics later.

That's the worst part about both the Cowboys and Rangers' stadiums...they're too far away from everything. Arlington is close to the middle area between Dallas and Fort Worth, which means its not really close to either one. Also, there is no public transportation to the game, so you can't just ride a train in like you can with stadiums in other cities, which makes traffic leaving and arriving to the games an absolute nightmare. It's been an ongoing dream in Dallas that one of those franchises would build a stadium within city limits...doesn't seem like it will ever happen tho.

Tharvot

Crusader for Truthiness
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ohio St. has more of a national fan base while Oregon is pretty much just the northwest. Plus I think Ohio is closer to Texas than Oregon.

Both true, but even when we played Oregon in the Rose Bowl a few years ago it was a mostly Ohio State crowd. Huge alumni and fan bases will do that I guess, but Ohio State fans definitely travel well and show up for games.

TexasExes98

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oregon's high school stadium seats what 55K? I seriously doubt Oregon was going to bring a crowd to North Texas. That was a home game for the Buckeyes it seemed like......

Ironbreaker

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,116.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Half of them are bandwagon fans. Seriously. When I moved to central Oregon years ago, everyone was a proud beaver believer. Now they all claim life long duck supporters. :rollseyes:

I just laugh at them when they put UW down.

Duck fans are the Justin biebers of the cfb world.

Oney

Hoopla Cash
$ 757.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But damn those Oregon cheerleaders were some real hot sloots :clap:

Hope they came to tOSU locker room to congratulate the winners :yahoo:
Lol, I was going to say that about the cheerleaders, too. Me and the kid were walking back out to the truck when their band and cheerleaders were on stage at the tailgate, we both stopped and checked it out for a bit.