• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Just for a point of discussion...

merlynbc

Go Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
what happens if Lou's contract gets torn up too....

Seems to me, it might even end up an advantage to the Canucks... frees up lots of cap space to sign someone like... oh say... last year's SC winner Niemi at $2.7mil with lots to spare for other players.

Just for discussion..... not dissing Lou.........

mooger_35

my hatred for MY team clouds my judgement
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lou's cap hit with this contract is pretty attractive... it's the length that's tough.

I still believe he'll be a strong playoff goalie for us but he's got to have some success this year or it's a long long road ahead.

I see Niemi as another Huet. Once players get it in their heads that they have to go upstairs he may get exposed.

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
id honeslty rather run with Corey Schneider instead of Niemi.

puckhead

Custom User Title
Hoopla Cash
$ 33,861.66
Fav. Team #1
Niemi definitely stole one or two games for the Hawks (game 2 of our series, for example), but he also let in 4 or more goals NINE times out of their 22 playoff games. Some could say they won in spite of him.

granted, Lou wasn't any better at six 4+ goal outings out of our 12 games. :(

but i wouldn't be very comfortable long-terming a a guy like Niemi, who has 42 regular season appearances. He could be good, but he might not still.

merlynbc

Go Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I guess my point was something like it wouldn't be the end of the world if Lou became UFA all of a sudden........I think several recent SC winners did it without an all star in net... sure they need to make timely saves.... a few per game is all it takes really

anyway..... just thinking...

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess my point was something like it wouldn't be the end of the world if Lou became UFA all of a sudden........I think several recent SC winners did it without an all star in net... sure they need to make timely saves.... a few per game is all it takes really

anyway..... just thinking...

no it wouldnt be the end for sure. and Im sure we could run with a few goalies in this league that would do very well. It seems the NHL this last year had teams winning in spite of their goalie with the exception of the Sabres.

I just cant think of anyone in the league that I would want other than Miller to replace Luongo. I still think Luongo has what it takes and he is young enough still to get a good 8 productive years out of him and its a crap shoot with ANY goalie i this league now. I would rather have one that I still know and trust. I believe in Luongo but as you say it wouldnt be the end of the world and would kinda be exciting and scary at the same time. Gillis however will NOT let him go at any rate

jstewismybastardson

Lord Shitlord aka El cibernauta
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i did not know this

His lifetime .918 save percentage ranks second all-time for goalies who have played more than 250 games.