• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Just Checked the standings today

Bigger Suprise so far? and Why?

• How bad the NBA East is

Votes: 5 71.4%
  • IND running away with the NBA CEN

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • DEN 10-6, B. Shaw putting in work

Votes: 1 14.3%
  • HOU 13-6, (with injuries to Harden/Lin/Beverly)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • D. Rose out for the year again

Votes: 1 14.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

NBKLee

Head Idiot In Charge
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Didn't some of us also said that Andris Biedrins was a top 5 center before the big contract ;)

I don't remember saying top 5 for La Tax, I may have said top 10 prior to his meltdown.

Dubs 10-3 with the Omega 5 in the lineup, Sky is falling?

:wtf2: , cue the haters

Hambombs

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't remember saying top 5 for La Tax, I may have said top 10 prior to his meltdown.

Dubs 10-3 with the Omega 5 in the lineup, Sky is falling?

:wtf2: , cue the haters

Or do you mean 10-3 with full starting lineup

NBKLee

Head Idiot In Charge
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bump, Don't look now the NYK have won 8 in a row, I think if they manage to scrap their way into the playoffs, they are a one and down, but I wouldn't have given this team a chance in hell a few months ago.

NBKLee

Head Idiot In Charge
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bump, another Dubs off day, Dubs off til Fri, can't decide if this 5 day break is good or bad.

Good: Injuries heal up.

Bad : Players get rusty / complacent.

Portland seems to be sinking like the Titanic, 3-7 in their last 10 games? If LA misses anymore time, they are done. Lillard is good, but LA makes that team go. Dubs could back into 5th by default.

TobyTyler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Two games from being out of the playoffs. I got a feeling the Dubs are going to blow this.

CohanHater

Long Time Warrior Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Two games from being out of the playoffs. I got a feeling the Dubs are going to blow this.

Remember the 2008 Golden State Warriors

"In the pitiful Eastern Conference, Golden State's total of 48 wins would have been enough for fourth place. In the powerful Western Conference, it wasn't even enough to make the playoffs. The Warriors finished ninth, two games out of the last postseason berth despite their best record in 14 years. They were also six games better than the previous season, when they not only reached the postseason with just 42 wins, but knocked off the league's best team, the Dallas Mavericks, in the first round. "

tzill

Lefty 99
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,064.42
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
While Toolish Foolsense, the village idiot, predicts his usual Eeyore-like result, note that GS is now in a tie in the loss column with the imploding Blazers, who lost in Orlando last night.

Tied with 11 to play (10 for Portland). Portland looks to finish 7-3, while we look to go 8-3, finishing in a tie with the Blazers.

First tie breaker is head-to-head -- 2-1 Ws right now, but I have them losing in Portland. So 2-2
Second tie breaker is conference record -- Ws projected to 31 wins; Portland 31
Third tie breaker is Western Conf playoff team record (assuming Suns don't make it)-- Ws project to 10-16, Portland to 10-15...

6 seed. But very close

msgkings322

I'm just here to troll everyone
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
While Toolish Foolsense, the village idiot, predicts his usual Eeyore-like result, note that GS is now in a tie in the loss column with the imploding Blazers, who lost in Orlando last night.

Tied with 11 to play (10 for Portland). Portland looks to finish 7-3, while we look to go 8-3, finishing in a tie with the Blazers.

First tie breaker is head-to-head -- 2-1 Ws right now, but I have them losing in Portland. So 2-2
Second tie breaker is conference record -- Ws projected to 31 wins; Portland 31
Third tie breaker is Western Conf playoff team record (assuming Suns don't make it)-- Ws project to 10-16, Portland to 10-15...

6 seed. But very close

This all depends on your predictions coming in exactly as you say...
Does Portland without Aldridge really go 7-3? They've done the reverse lately (3-7)

Anyway, 5th and 6th seed are pretty much identical...no home court and you will play either LA or Houston, from either seed.

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With Memphis only a 1.5 games behind the Warriors, this Friday matchup is a crucial one.

tzill

Lefty 99
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,064.42
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This all depends on your predictions coming in exactly as you say...
Does Portland without Aldridge really go 7-3? They've done the reverse lately (3-7)

Anyway, 5th and 6th seed are pretty much identical...no home court and you will play either LA or Houston, from either seed.

Good points all. We shall see how it works out.

msgkings322

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The always great Zach Lowe on the playoff race in the West.

He agrees, 5th or 6th seed doesn't matter much, just not being 7th or 8th

And tomorrow's game is very crucial.

The Western Conference Playoff Derby «

msgkings322

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
From the article I linked above:

Golden State hasn’t played up to its potential, with an offense that has been stuck around league average almost all season. The problems are the same — too many stagnant possessions, a flailing Harrison Barnes, some puzzling rotation choices, and small injuries that always seem to hit right as the team finds its rhythm. But this is a well-built roster with a rollicking home court. Odds are the Warriors will lose in the first round, but it wouldn’t blow me away if they made the Finals. The West is that nutty.

I couldn't agree more. :agree:

ColinCoby

"Duff Man…Oh Yeah!"
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,351.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
From the article I linked above:

Golden State hasn’t played up to its potential, with an offense that has been stuck around league average almost all season. The problems are the same — too many stagnant possessions, a flailing Harrison Barnes, some puzzling rotation choices, and small injuries that always seem to hit right as the team finds its rhythm. But this is a well-built roster with a rollicking home court. Odds are the Warriors will lose in the first round, but it wouldn’t blow me away if they made the Finals. The West is that nutty.

I couldn't agree more. :agree:

How they finish this season will tell us a lot about what this current group is made of. Will they beat Memphis, win all of their winnable games down the stretch, and play well in the playoffs? Of do they remain inconsistent a look like a team that is far from being a top five team?

The team, as one ESPN writer wrote, has been "maddening" to watch at times. Beat the Clips/Heat/Pacers one night, lost to the Cavs at home the next. Not sure what to make of this team this year and beyond. I think tonight's game will tell us a lot.