• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

June 18: Where does CP3 go now?

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wherever he goes....

first round loss with decent players

Zero Criticism.

CP3 is the most Teflon coated player in NBA history.

Lebron, Howard, and Melo could get to 10 consecutive game 7 finals and still get ripped by the media.

Well he's made the 2nd round a couple times.....but I see what you're saying....and you're right.

I've never heard CP3 be criticized before (granted most of his years were with the Hornets). Furthermore, he also left by bitching about wanting to be traded as well. So it baffles me how he hasn't been criticized as of yet. If any of the aforementioned names win a title(s), then that could change. However, given that Melo's stuck in NY where they don't know how to manage their roster, and Dwight seems to be heading out of LA (never thought I'd see the day), then I don't see that happening for a good while.....or ever.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Top PGs are overrated anyway. The last time a top PG won a ring, it Magic Johnson, over 30 years ago.

Really!?!?!! As a Heat fan I'm disagreeing with you right now. No Tony Parker and the Heat eliminate the Spurs in 5 or 6. That fucker has given me several heart attacks in this series.

logic

Hoopla Cash
$ 69,974.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lakers+USC=#1
Top PGs are overrated anyway. The last time a top PG won a ring, it Magic Johnson, over 30 years ago.
Really!?!?!! As a Heat fan I'm disagreeing with you right now. No Tony Parker and the Heat eliminate the Spurs in 5 or 6. That fucker has given me several heart attacks in this series.

I believe Isaiah Thomas won a couple after Magic also--he was considered a top PG--even by Magic himself.

starbigd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
NO love for Jason Kidd either? Granted it was well past his prime but still......

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
NO love for Jason Kidd either? Granted it was well past his prime but still......

Jason Kidd was merely a role player on the Mavs in 2011. The championship just capped off a great career. Although you can argue that the Nets teams that made it to the Finals in the early 2000's and 2005 were great because of Kidd. You just weren't going to stop Shaq & Kobe as well as the big 3 of San Antonio when they were all in their prime.

Also, Parker was the 2007 Finals MVP after beating the Pistons. I knew at the time he wasn't the best PG and you still had Duncan and Manu on the team. But he was arguably the best player on the team at that time. CP3 can win a ring, he just needs to grow both off the court and on the court. Having Blake Griffin develop a game that involves more then dunking would help out as well I guess.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One other CP3 note that doesn't get discussed. There's a rumor going around when Vinny got fired that he wants a black coach. The candidates the Clips are interviewing Shaw, Hollins, Rivers. Hmm....

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One other CP3 note that doesn't get discussed. There's a rumor going around when Vinny got fired that he wants a black coach. The candidates the Clips are interviewing Shaw, Hollins, Rivers. Hmm....

Well to be fair all the coaches you mentioned are really good at their jobs. Shaw seems to show really good promise. I wonder if he would say the same thing if he had the chance to play for Popovich (which would probably never happen considering Pop has Tony Parker). That is of course if the rumors are true.

OutlawImmortal

Certified Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Thumbs up, Parker can play as well as any PG out there.

LogicMan

Watch out for Berniedoodles and Trumpers
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I started this post knowing that CP3 holds the cards and if he does not get a sign that the Clippers are serious, which he certainly did not by their lack luster offer to the Celtics, he knows there is more of that ahead if he stays with the Clips. He will be gone and he interviews each other org to decide who it will be.

Can CP3 win alone, no, but neither could ANY player in the league these days. He needs a mix of yutes and vets, and he wants a coach that players respect. I think CP3 is being real smart here.

Clippers org hung out Doc tho, so there is a chance IMO that its now Doc that gets the cold feet. He will be playing for a owner famous for bad ethics. Interesting times